6-Yr Old Boy Shot In Michigan; Shooter Claims Self Defense?

I seriously believe there are only a very few "gun-nuts" that actually go shopping with rifles. I've seen only a few times when individuals were in a store shopping while having a holstered handgun on their hip. The last time I saw it was a couple of months ago. A black male was in the frozen foods aisle, wearing gray sweat pants and a gray hoodie, while having a pistol on his hip. No big deal. He wasn't "brandishing" it and wasn't being a threat to anyone around him. I was equally armed, but believe in having it concealed, so as to not draw attention to it, as it does cause people to be concerned and it could also be a temptation for a criminal to come up behind a person and attack them, just to get the firearm from them
In Florida we are not legally allowed to open carry in public. I have a concealed weapons permit and carry on a regular basis. The biggest drawback to concealed carry is that in hot weather it is hard to conceal a full sized handgun. Florida has a lot of hot weather. Consequently I carry a small .38 snub nosed revolver.

But like you I hate to make people uncomfortable and open carry might lead some fool to attempt to grab my weapon.

Forum List

Back