5 years ago- Merkaz Harav terror attack

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Thursday will mark the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attack at the Mercaz Harav Yeshiva in Jerusalem. A memorial service will be held attended by families of the victims, public officials, Knesset members and yeshiva students, rabbis and alumni.

----------

The Mercaz HaRav massacre, also called the Mercaz HaRav shooting, was an attack that occurred on 6 March 2008, in which a lone Palestinian gunman shot multiple students at the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva, a religious school in Jerusalem, Israel, after which the gunman himself was shot dead. Eight students and the perpetrator were killed. Eleven more were wounded, five of them placed in serious to critical condition.

The attack began at 8:36 p.m. local time and ended about twenty minutes later. According to survivor Mijael Mendelson, the attack lasted about 14 minutes. Mendelson reports he saw the time before the shooting started and shortly after knowing the gunman was dead.

The massacre was praised by Hamas and, according to a subsequent poll, was supported by 84 percent of the Palestinian population. It was condemned in official statements by various countries around the world.

eight.jpg

Avraham David Moses (16), Ro'i Roth (18), Neria Cohen (15), Yonatan Yitzhak Eldar (16),Yochai Lifshitz (18), Segev Peniel Avihail (15), Yonadav Haim Hirschfeld (18), Doron Meherete (26).

HY"D

Source: Arutz 7

Thursday will mark the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attack at the Mercaz Harav Yeshiva in Jerusalem. A memorial service will be held attended by families of the victims, public officials, Knesset members and yeshiva students, rabbis and alumni.

do you know if there will be a similar memorial services for the over 120 palestinian children killed by the IDF in GAZA in the week prior to this attempt by a young palestinian patriot to rid his people's land in east jerusalem from foreign occupation?

forgive me, please, for being such a flaming anti-semite, but as hard as i try, i have a hard time relegating those palestinian babies to the dustbin of history while jews mourn their eight.

do you know if there will be a similar memorial services for the over 120 palestinian children killed by the IDF in GAZA in the week prior to this attempt by a young palestinian patriot to rid his people's land in east jerusalem from foreign occupation?

forgive me, please, for being such a flaming anti-semite, but as hard as i try, i have a hard time relegating those palestinian babies to the dustbin of history while jews mourn their eight.

At least you finally admit of being an anti-semite. Good to know the mask is finally off.

Gaza mark its deal and we do ours.

If being a "patriot" is doing something like that against innocent students, not in Hebron or the west bank, not even in EAST Jerusalem, but in LEGAL JEWISH JERUSALEM, if that is heroism for you, you must be a psycho.

And you're welcome to join your heroes and kill yourself too for 72 virgins, if that's what you like so much.

----------

The Mercaz HaRav massacre, also called the Mercaz HaRav shooting, was an attack that occurred on 6 March 2008, in which a lone Palestinian gunman shot multiple students at the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva, a religious school in Jerusalem, Israel, after which the gunman himself was shot dead. Eight students and the perpetrator were killed. Eleven more were wounded, five of them placed in serious to critical condition.

The attack began at 8:36 p.m. local time and ended about twenty minutes later. According to survivor Mijael Mendelson, the attack lasted about 14 minutes. Mendelson reports he saw the time before the shooting started and shortly after knowing the gunman was dead.

The massacre was praised by Hamas and, according to a subsequent poll, was supported by 84 percent of the Palestinian population. It was condemned in official statements by various countries around the world.

eight.jpg

Avraham David Moses (16), Ro'i Roth (18), Neria Cohen (15), Yonatan Yitzhak Eldar (16),Yochai Lifshitz (18), Segev Peniel Avihail (15), Yonadav Haim Hirschfeld (18), Doron Meherete (26).

HY"D

Indeed, Israel really needs to stop its war.

----------

eight.jpg

HY"D

Indeed, Israel really needs to stop its war.

Do you always "copy-paste" this comment?

Its getting boring, actually:cool:

At least you finally admit of being an anti-semite. Good to know the mask is finally off.

If being a "patriot" is doing something like that against innocent students, not in Hebron or the west bank, not even in EAST Jerusalem, but in LEGAL JEWISH JERUSALEM, if that is heroism for you, you must be a psycho.

And you're welcome to join your heroes and kill yourself too for 72 virgins, if that's what you like so much.

and thank you for indicating that one aspect of "anti-semitism" is caring about the lives of palestinian children, as well as israeli children...not that those yeshiva students were children. your mask, as well.

legal according to whom exactly?

Last edited:

and thank you for indicating that one aspect of "anti-semitism" is caring about the lives of palestinian children, as well as israeli children...not that those yeshiva students were children. your mask, as well.

You can find locations very simply thanks to modern technology. When it comes to East Jeruslame, the world see it as "occupied" and "settlement". But Jerusalem itself, besides that part, is considered legally Israeli. Just like DC is legally American.

Which part of that reasoning is not acceptable by you?

Indeed, very sad. But you know what, shit happens all over the world. This is U.S. message boards. I'm tired of this crap, go post it on an Israeli forum where people give a shit.

I'm sort of new here, so I am wondering, why is there a specific sub-forum dedicated to this topic. How is this small little tragedy even noteworthy to Americans? Why should we care about it? It really doesn't affect our policy or our lives. Are these Americans? People the world over die. Maybe if Israel quit stealing Palestinian land and treat non-Jews that are living in Israel equally, you wouldn't have such problems.

In this country, when an all white Jury finds a cop innocent for killing a black man and all of East LA erupts in Rioting, Americans really aren't surprised, and we take it in stride. It's time for Israel to grow up and get real.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi8KJ0boov8]Sublime (April 26,1992) - YouTube[/ame]

The killing fields of Cambodia, the genocide in Darfur, and the tragedy in Kosovo deserve more of a mention, yet we don't have separate sub-forums for any other parts of the world.

For all we know, the perpetrator was a victim of S-quad technology and the Mossad themselves were the ones that carried out this heinous crime under the guise of Hamas. It certainly was more in the interest of the Israeli government than the Palestinians. What did the Israeli's lose? A few kids? Whoopee. What do the Palestinians lose? More land, more rights, more economic welfare. It is a public relations coop for the Israelis!

Indeed, very sad. But you know what, shit happens all over the world. This is U.S. message boards. I'm tired of this crap, go post it on an Israeli forum where people give a shit.

I'm sort of new here, so I am wondering, why is there a specific sub-forum dedicated to this topic. How is this small little tragedy even noteworthy to Americans? Why should we care about it? It really doesn't affect our policy or our lives. Are these Americans? People the world over die. Maybe if Israel quit stealing Palestinian land and treat non-Jews that are living in Israel equally, you wouldn't have such problems.

In this country, when an all white Jury finds a cop innocent for killing a black man and all of East LA erupts in Rioting, Americans really aren't surprised, and we take it in stride. It's time for Israel to grow up and get real.

Sublime (April 26,1992) - YouTube

The killing fields of Cambodia, the genocide in Darfur, and the tragedy in Kosovo deserve more of a mention, yet we don't have separate sub-forums for any other parts of the world.

For all we know, the perpetrator was a victim of S-quad technology and the Mossad themselves were the ones that carried out this heinous crime under the guise of Hamas. It certainly was more in the interest of the Israeli government than the Palestinians. What did the Israeli's lose? A few kids? Whoopee. What do the Palestinians lose? More land, more rights, more economic welfare. It is a public relations coop for the Israelis!

"I'm sort of new here"

Well that explains alot:eusa_whistle:

Some people do believe the happenings on the Israel-Palestine side are newsworthy.

Here is what I do not get. Are you upset of me bringing the issue up, or bringing the -Israeli- issue up?

You can find locations very simply thanks to modern technology. When it comes to East Jeruslame, the world see it as "occupied" and "settlement". But Jerusalem itself, besides that part, is considered legally Israeli. Just like DC is legally American.

that you really didn't answer my question. i believe the legal status of al quds is that of a "corpus seperatum".

i wasn't aware that other peoples were disputing the status of washington D.C.

that you really didn't answer my question. i believe the legal status of al quds is that of a "corpus seperatum".

Al Quds is not a real name of any real place. Al Quds simply means "What is holy". the name is Jerusalem.

It still is not the situation of "internatonal city". Jerusalem is Jewish besides the parts which are under conflict. and the Yeshiva was inside the Jewish Israeli part.

A bit of a contradiction there idiot....If you don't like this board or the topic, then ignore this room or move on.. You can always start a thread on any of the topics you brought up

I can't beleive that you would think that it is anti-Semetic to remember the dead Palestian Children and that you would think that Seal remembering them somehow unmasks his anti-Semetism. Also I am sick and tired of Zionists carring politics beyond death !!! My mine includes yours.

Last edited:

This is a memorial thread you Irish drunk, go spew your shit somewhere else. YOu are free to make a memorial thread for the Palestinian children killed by Hamas. Fuck off

I can't beleive that you would think that it is anti-Semetic to remember the dead Palestian Children and that you would think that Seal remembering them somehow unmasks his anti-Semetism. Also I am sick and tired of Zionists carring politics beyond death !!! My mine includes yours.

If you'r sick of it, then get the fuck out of here Patty boy.

That wasn't about remembrering the Palestinian children that bothered me.

Seriously, that was ALL you took from that post?

Al Quds is not a real name of any real place. Al Quds simply means "What is holy". the name is Jerusalem.

It still is not the situation of "internatonal city". Jerusalem is Jewish besides the parts which are under conflict. and the Yeshiva was inside the Jewish Israeli part.

explain to us why the united states and so, so many other nations do not even recognise jerusalem as the capitol of israel. the yeshiva was in east al quds.

no wonder people hate you.

Forum List

Back