5 Vacations Since June? Yikes!...

Imitation is a great form a flattery. Thanks. Ever been on a working vacation? It usually lowers the quality of your work and doesn't allow you to relax. It is a four year job. Show up to work and relax the rest of your life. Cause your stupid, I'll mention for the umteenth time, I don't hate Mr. Obama. I find his policies and politics terrible and harmful.

But since every lib throws it out, all the time, let's look at it IF I did hate him. How would that invalidate any fact or accurate reference I brought up? How would that make any difference in a debate? How would that change the results of Obama's spending habits?

Obama has taken no more vacations than any other President. That is what invalidates your argument.

Link(s)?

It's a figure of speech.

But here are number of days spent all or partially on vacation for recent Presidents, in their first years.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

Obama has taken no more vacations than any other President. That is what invalidates your argument.

Link(s)?

It's a figure of speech.

But here are number of days spent all or partially on vacation for recent Presidents, in their first years.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

"What a pointless post. How is this even relevant?" lol. Seriously, let's see who has the wherewithall to say "maybe his vacations aren't as gluttonous as I had imagined relative to other Presidents"

would george bush have done a better job if he spent more time at the white house instead of at crawford?

Link(s)?

It's a figure of speech.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

Thanks I thought my bullshit meter was off. Clinton worked harder than Obama. :lol::eusa_shhh:

LibocalypseNow,

any answers to my questions about what vacations he has taken and for how long each one was....?

Why avoid answering? You obviously know the answer since you got so worked up about it being 5 (FIVE) vacations... yes rightwinger haphazardly answered but I didn't get an answer from you about all 5 vacations....are you avoiding answering for a REASON? Or do you actually not even know and are taking your talking points from some radio host or blogger?

Care

Like i said,pretend it's da BOOOOOOOOOOSH. Now try and give an honest answer. Thanks.

then answer my question....has obama taken 5 MINI, Weekend vacations or has he taken 5 full weeks of vacation, each trip a week long or longer?

since you seem to know all about his 5 vacations, and are so 'concerned', can you please tell the rest of us, what these 5 vacations were and how many days each one of these 5 vacations took?

once answered, i can give an opinion.

ThreadKiller.jpg

It's a figure of speech.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

Thanks I thought my bullshit meter was off. Clinton worked harder than Obama. :lol::eusa_shhh:

So, I guess I'll take this as "I'm sorry, I was full of shit".

Because we (the intelligent left) don't deify Obama. He's not "ours" anymore than Bush was "yours".

Nice try but you know dam well what I was saying....so I will make it a bit clearer...

If Obama is such a great President, why do you feel the need to defend him by comparing him to the "worst" president?

Because no one in their right mind thinks Obama is a great President.

We just think he's better than the other choices.

Well, you cant deny that there are many on here that seem to feel he can do no wrong.
And the last I looked, there are no other choices. Once he was elected 2 years ago this coming November, all other choices became moot.

Nice try but you know dam well what I was saying....so I will make it a bit clearer...

If Obama is such a great President, why do you feel the need to defend him by comparing him to the "worst" president?

Well, you cant deny that there are many on here that seem to feel he can do no wrong.
And the last I looked, there are no other choices. Once he was elected 2 years ago this coming November, all other choices became moot.

Ok, if you want to quibble about parts of speech, he was the best choice.

But I think that if you ask people on this board, as opposed to assuming, you'll find that at least most intelligent non-troll liberal posters don't have quite the high opinion of Obama that you think they have.

It's a figure of speech.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

My complaint (for lack of a better word) is not the quantity of vacations.

For a man that ran as "one of you" and one that ran with the "I feel your pain" attitude, the types of vacations he is taking during the "worst economy since the great depression" is coming across as "aint affecting me"..

Most of GWB's were at his ranch or Camp David....not that I was a big fan of GWB....but lets be real.....kind of hypocritical to say we should all tighten our belts and then his wife hops to spain for a long weekend, he to NYC for a show and dinner, Maine, Martha's vintyard...etc.

Too much "in your face"....

And seeing as his numbers are not the best....it is even a bit arrogant as if to say "I will get re-elected anyway.

But that is my take.

It's a figure of speech.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

You libs are funny. First thing you did was admit it was a term of speech and no factually correct. That was the first debate point loss on your part. Then you verified two or more recent Presidents have taken less vacation. Finally, you show Clinton and Carter took less vacation. Funny stuff. Do you normally TELL the world you live in a fantasy? This is a "I'm sorry YOUR full of shit".

But I think that if you ask people on this board, as opposed to assuming, you'll find that at least most intelligent non-troll liberal posters don't have quite the high opinion of Obama that you think they have.

Didnt mean to come across as an asshole with the "best choice" thing.
I apologize.

Link(s)?

It's a figure of speech.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

those hardworking Republicans :)

Hmm all 3 dems on the list totaled together still do not equal GWB's time off :D

Last edited:

You libs are funny. First thing you did was admit it was a term of speech and no factually correct. That was the first debate point loss on your part. Then you verified two or more recent Presidents have taken less vacation. Finally, you show Clinton and Carter took less vacation. Funny stuff. Do you normally TELL the world you live in a fantasy? This is a "I'm sorry YOUR full of shit".

Nice concession speech.

Didnt mean to come across as an asshole with the "best choice" thing.
I apologize.

Don't worry about it. :razz:

I'm all for the President being on permanent vacation. The less time he spends working, the less damage he'll do to our country.

And multiply that by 535 for Congress.

Nice concession speech.

It is right there in your avatar flag. :lol:

It's a figure of speech.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

Hmm all 3 dems on the list totaled together still do not equal GWB's time off :D

if only all presidents could be as efficient as carter...

It's a figure of speech.

Obama - 26 days.
GWB - 69 days.
Clinton - 21 days.
GHWB - 40 days.
Reagan - 42 days.
Carter - 11 days.

if only all presidents could be as efficient as carter...

Carter was so honest that both parties hung him out to dry.
Not saying he was a great president, but the most honest president I have ever seen in my life.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I hate that sort of bloviation. It's the player that's crooked; not the game. I hate the player when the player lies, cheats and steals. Those things have nothing to do with "the game". "The game" doesn't need fixed. The fucking "players" who cheat need to be kicked the fuck out of the game.

Forum List

Back