5.1 tons of mercury per yr from fillings in your teeth can't go down public sewers anymore EPA rules

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Mercury Fillings Cannot go into Public Sewers Anymore | Health Nut News
The EPA recently announced that the mercury you can safely put in your mouth (yeah, right) can no longer safely be put into public sewers. The day after the EPA’s ruling, European authorities approved a draft rule that would bar dentists from using mercury compounds to fill cavities in vulnerable populations (this translates to the primary teeth in children under 15 and pregnant or breastfeeding women- unless a specific medical need is cited).
-----------------------------------------------
But wait the FDA approved them as being safe. This is where people trust in authority that everything the Government tells you is safe often isn't. Way to much money is being made in the medical industry and that comes first before you, your health, your kids health etc.

Far to often people take the doctors word for it and the medical industry as well as big pharma know this, not to mention if the Medical industry pushes their drugs, their products the doctors make a kick back off it.
And here is the BS FDA saying oh how safe it is.................

FDA: Mercury Fillings Not Harmful

Last edited:
  • Banned
That is going to make for some pretty nasty teeth and breath for liberals.
No they have those fillings that are what is it enamel like, kind of look like your real teeth material. Sorry can't think of the name they call those types of fillings.

• Banned
I thought that mercury hasn't been used in dental work for many years!
Every time those nice new silver looking fillings get put in your mouth that is what's in them. They've been using that for how man decades now.

One day, maybe, the people will elect a bunch of politicians who actually give a fuck about the people.

When was the last time silver fillings were used.

Ten years ago, my dentist removed all the silver amalgam and replaced them with a some kind of natural looking compound.

When was the last time silver fillings were used.

Ten years ago, my dentist removed all the silver amalgam and replaced them with a some kind of natural looking compound.

My guess a good dentist where service is fairly good probably isn't using it more like the private dentist, but those on lets say a lower income bracket with welfare like dental coverage bet on it they still use it, its probably cheaper.

What is dental amalgam?
Most people recognize dental amalgams as silver fillings. Dental amalgam is a mixture of mercury, silver, tin and copper. Mercury, which makes up about 50 percent of the compound, is necessary to bind the metals together to provide a strong, hard, durable filling. After years of research, mercury continues to be the only element that will bind these metals together in such a way that it can be easily manipulated to fill a cavity.

Dental amalgam or resin composite fillings? - Delta Dental

Mebbe dey could use it...

... to make thermometers.
Maybe most thermometers are digital today, and maybe that mercury is suspended in glass and not lying directly on skin to skin/bone right in the mouth either.

In many dentists offices they still use mercury amalgam fillings.

I have this "discussion" with my mother every time I, or my son need a filling.

Mercury amalgam fillings are considered medically safe once they are in. The process of putting them in is considered hazardous to the dental hygienist and the doctor however. It is not considered dangerous for the patient as long as they do not swallow at all during the procedure. . . ooookay.

I guess there is some sort of protective sealant, and the chewing surface has always been considered fine.

I for one have always thought it was bullshit since I have researched it. It has been rather hard to refute growing up with a mother that is a hygienist and taking trips up north to visit with and stay at the doctor's cabin. He is really a great guy. Naturally he believes the established literature on the subject. So you just stay quiet.

As far as I know, all Dental offices have always considered removed fillings as hazardous waste and have never thrown them away or flushed them, so this article is sort of nonsensical. Dental staff have always taken precautions against mercury exposure to the patient during the filling procedure, and any extraction of the filling. Likewise responsible disposal is always a high priority.

Now, with all this said, I have always held the position that it is better to be safe than sorry. I have seen anecdotal evidence that the mercury can slowly degrade or leak, if something does go wrong and there does need to be a repair, if one doesn't get in immediately, toxic exposure could build up. Think of how they treat a broken CFLB. This is orders of magnitude worse.

So, yes, mercury amalgams are much cheaper, and now that the public is much more cosmetically inclined to use composites fillings instead, most insurances will cover the extra cost. It is almost a non issue.

The people that it affects the most are the poor. Generally if the poor even have dental, which 99% don't, as medicaid doesn't cover them, composite fillings aren't ever covered. Nor are they covered in the dental plans for children where it is the MOST important, and heavy mental toxic poisoning such as mercury, lead, and aluminum will affect immune systems and neurological development of the whole organism (the growing child.)

In the end, this works out just fine for the government/corporate/medical establishment, because this just creates future dependent consumers of the medical system that are permanently unhealthy and crippled. Needing both help with chronic medical conditions caused by heavy metal poisoning, and usually future mental and emotional problems.

Another pointless law to "help save" the environment by the environmental whacks. That means I am forced to change my oil and dump it in a nearby pristine creek in order to pollute it.

Well when it comes to money them making all the billions they can off of people's health comes first.
Just like in Flint Mich. those people begged for someone to listen to them, they were screaming about the water for years, and he is once again where the people fell for the word of those SOB's rich bastards Government officials included where " oh the water is fine now stf up sit down and drink it. ...............

It wasn't until that medical Nurse made some headway with it for those people that people began to listen. We can bet she probably ends up losing her job or something will slap her for opening her mouth.

Because they were poor , and had no legal way to fight all of this they were screwed, same goes for the story of Erin Brockovich who dug around for years trying to prove this ONCE again huge COMPANY was dumping poisons into the water supply all the while claiming how safe it was..............sit down shut up it's all safe....................

Guess what another area is " FRACKING' the SOB's said the same thing about that and oh suddenly FRACKING is bad for the water supply, the only reason these pricks didn't get away with it for the next twenty years are too many people now are FKN AWAY and pay attention and don't get off their backs about it.

Well when it comes to money them making all the billions they can off of people's health comes first.
Just like in Flint Mich. those people begged for someone to listen to them, they were screaming about the water for years, and he is once again where the people fell for the word of those SOB's rich bastards Government officials included where " oh the water is fine now stf up sit down and drink it. ...............

It wasn't until that medical Nurse made some headway with it for those people that people began to listen. We can bet she probably ends up losing her job or something will slap her for opening her mouth.

Because they were poor , and had no legal way to fight all of this they were screwed, same goes for the story of Erin Brockovich who dug around for years trying to prove this ONCE again huge COMPANY was dumping poisons into the water supply all the while claiming how safe it was..............sit down shut up it's all safe....................

Guess what another area is " FRACKING' the SOB's said the same thing about that and oh suddenly FRACKING is bad for the water supply, the only reason these pricks didn't get away with it for the next twenty years are too many people now are FKN AWAY and pay attention and don't get off their backs about it.

Former administrators for the EPA have told Congress that it is categorically bad for people's health to fluoridate the water, the FDA disagree.

We have bureaucrats and experts arguing, and the only folks that win are industry and the elites.

Naturally, with all of this info, the CEO of Nestle, the largest stake holding in owning rights to the privatization of the water, is absolutely orgasmic with joy.