bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
New, from Rasmussen....

This is wonderful news!

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a gun, but will be shopping for a shotgun in the next two weeks, easiest thing to get based on NYC law.

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
New, from Rasmussen....

Pretty sure its much higher than that. Everyone I know has a gun and most of them are dems.

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the statistics are skewed. In times like this why in the world would the typical American family admit to owning a firearm to a freaking voice on the phone? My guess is that folks who don't own a firearm think it's cool to tell a voice on the phone that they own a weapon and smart folks who really own a firearm won't admit to it.

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
New, from Rasmussen....

Pretty sure its much higher than that. Everyone I know has a gun and most of them are dems.
Yeah. I know one of those guys. Never attended training. Never read the manual even, much less fired it.

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
New, from Rasmussen....

And? I say again, "So what?". Rasmussen is a right wing polling site. From a more respectable polling site.

People own guns. YAAAWWN!!

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Reaction score
New, from Rasmussen....

Yeah. I know one of those guys. Never attended training. Never read the manual even, much less fired it.
All the guys I know go to the range at least every other month.

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a gun, but will be shopping for a shotgun in the next two weeks, easiest thing to get based on NYC law.

Remington 12 gauge pump............simple.........doesn't jam much EVER.........and is cheaper ......model 870
that's about the type of gun I'm looking for.

I live in an apartment, and If I have to defend myself I don't want the shot blasting through walls. I assume a heavy birdshot is the preferred "get out of my apartment, but dont hurt the neighbors" load?

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
Reaction score

If you want non lethal round that will make an intruder wish he was never born........lol

Or bird shot

OP
2aguy

2aguy

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Remington 12 gauge pump............simple.........doesn't jam much EVER.........and is cheaper ......model 870

I live in an apartment, and If I have to defend myself I don't want the shot blasting through walls. I assume a heavy birdshot is the preferred "get out of my apartment, but dont hurt the neighbors" load?

Of course you can just look up bird shot and wall penetration videos on youtube.....I like Paul Harrell's presentation but here are others as well..

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Of course you can just look up bird shot and wall penetration videos on youtube.....I like Paul Harrell's presentation but here are others as well..

It's actually pretty amazing youtube has so many videos with this exact question in mind.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List