$400 million lithium battery plant coming to St. Louis...

First of it's kind in the U.S.

U.S. manufacturing in a dark Red State.

And there was much rejoicing...
Lithium is on it`s way out and seaweed will replace it. Researchers in Florida and Texas are making great progress on this.

Lithium is on it`s way out and seaweed will replace it. Researchers in Florida and Texas are making great progress on this.
The recycling on the Kodak campus at Rochester can be automated (robotic), and likely should be automated. Hopefully seawater tech replaces lithium. Aptera will still manufacture cars with built-in solar panels.

The United States won't. But, China will. That's where the raw material is coming from.
So American should keep what raw materials they have already purchased from communist China and screw them back for their profound overconfidence: lithium recycling.

Coming to a dark red state and a deep blue city.

Seems something go beyond politics.
The infrastructure Bill had good bipartisan support every state and the district of Columbia as well as the US territories got funding from it.

Maybe St. Louis can put it on the site of the grade school they had to close.
That school is in Florissant, a suburb north of St Louis. The new plant is going to be placed in the south St Louis neighborhood of Carondelet.

The US produces almost no Lithium (we have ONE mine in Nevada) so it will certainly be imported. And it's also a good bet that the mines we import it from will be controlled by China.

The US produces almost no Lithium (we have ONE mine in Nevada) so it will certainly be imported. And it's also a good bet that the mines we import it from will be controlled by China.
Might be cheaper to get it from Latin America for a whole lot closer to or Australia I think you're the number one producer. We already owe China too much, better to spread out the debt.

The United States has 8 million tons of lithium. 5th most in the world. We're only mining 1% of it. That could be easily expanded.

Thanks I didn't know we had stores that large! So will we be processing all of this American Lithium at the new plant?
Chili is another big producer and Australia both are very good allies of ours. This plant is an Israeli corporation. So we'll be a good Western international corporation.

Chili is another big producer and Australia both are very good allies of ours. This plant is an Israeli corporation. So we'll be a good Western international corporation.
Yeah I knew about those mines, it will be interesting to see what the plan is for Lithium supply and who controls the mines. As you know I'm sure, China controls the majority of the world's Lithium mines.

Yeah I knew about those mines, it will be interesting to see what the plan is for Lithium supply and who controls the mines. As you know I'm sure, China controls the majority of the world's Lithium mines.
I had to look that up. A very good strategic move on their part China controls 65% of the world's lithium that means there's 35% and we can utilize that they don't have control over.

Forum List

Back