3M making 10,000,000 masks a week. But are selling them to foreign countries rather than U.S. hospitals.

Isn't this what unfettered capitalism means? Don't get me wrong, I am a capitalist. But shouldn't the company be able to sell to whomever offers the most money?
Not in a national emergency situation.
It is criminal that out own healthcare workers, both my kids btw, are having to reuse masks while the manufacturer right here in the states is selling them at bloated prices overseas instead of at LEAST selling some here.

FBI intercepted a truck of masks going to some price gouger out of NY. The American was arrested, the masks were given to NY.

Canada has been involved in a few shady opportunities it seems by nefarious actors to try and make a few bucks from Americans in this pandemic. Some of them, I imagine, are more well connected than people imagine.

Thankfully you have law enforcement who do things by the book and don't give a shyte about some Canadian "royalty", even if some of this royalty are in the same line of work, though possessing a vastly different internal constitution...

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Authorized Distributors..............Most Factories don't sell the masks directly. ............Most fill orders through a distribution network..............That is what he was told.

Not uncommon............and 3M makes these masks for the entire world..............So Trump will have to use Federal force to stop sales to other countries to stock pile here first.........

7495 cases in Florida right now............How many respirators are needed everyday in Florida............What is the protocol for how many each hospital needs everyday........

That is the proper question Carlson should have asked.........I'm not trying to ditch the guy...........he has EVERY RIGHT to be TICKED OFF......He's trying to stock up for what is coming.......and so is everyone else..........

My next point.......is how does he know the distributors are selling overseas..........and not here in New York or New Jersey..............

Too many holes here............too many unknowns.

In an effort to speed up the distribution of desperately needed hospital masks, President Donald Trump issued an order Thursday mandating that 3M sell the Federal Emergency Management Agency as many N95 respirator masks as the agency says it needs.

The order to help meet FEMA’s needs comes under the Defense Production Act, which the president invoked a week ago.

Roman said 80% of 3M’s U.S. supply is being funneled directly into health care facilities, especially to the hardest-hit areas such as New York and Seattle, with the help of six large distributors.

The remaining 20% were being sent to fulfill federal government needs, with the most going to FEMA.

“The prioritization and distribution of all of our N95 respirators are being coordinated in close partnership with FEMA, and we are directly embedded with them at their headquarters to help streamline decisionmaking and action,” Roman said.

As I suspected.............the hardest hit areas are getting the bulk of the PPE..........Seems New York and New Jersey are getting the Respirators now over Florida...........and FEMA is getting them next to distribute to other areas.............

Shitty situation until more and more companies make the n95........'They are ONE USE then throw away........but now everyone at the hospital are wearing them.............So massive use of them now..........only ICU's and isolation units would need them before this mess.

I read this morning the 3m plant in Europe has been ordered not to send any masks to N America, even Canada, though the plant is in UK, but considered part of the EU.

Here is the article re 3m and Canada-
Hospitals in Toronto and Southwestern Ontario had relied on one 3M plant in the UK for masks and the EU ban (which still applies to the UK despite Brexit) shut down that source, according to executives at two southern Ontario hospitals.

“The U.K. plant under the European Union, they will not give North America the masks,” said Premier Doug Ford during his daily press conference Tuesday. “So, we’re doing everything we can to make sure we have a supply on hand.” 3M did not provide a comment by Wednesday afternoon.

So anyone claiming it is just a US problem, well you are wrong.

Authorized Distributors..............Most Factories don't sell the masks directly. ............Most fill orders through a distribution network..............That is what he was told.

Not uncommon............and 3M makes these masks for the entire world..............So Trump will have to use Federal force to stop sales to other countries to stock pile here first.........

7495 cases in Florida right now............How many respirators are needed everyday in Florida............What is the protocol for how many each hospital needs everyday........
up for what is coming.......and so is everyone else..........

My next point.......is how does he know the distributors are selling overseas..........and not here in New York or New Jersey..............

Yes, he just used "federal force." Although I don't always trust Fox's spin, the government wouldn't have invoked that order if they didn't know 3M was selling them overseas.

up for what is coming.......and so is everyone else..........

Yes, he just used "federal force." Although I don't always trust Fox's spin, the government wouldn't have invoked that order if they didn't know 3M was selling them overseas.
What I found later from news......who da hell knows who to trust anymore.....is that they were direct shipped to New York and New Jersey and FEMA third.............so the hardest hit areas are getting the supplies first.........and that leaves other states HANGING til more are made.

It is what it is........only so many to go around....it's picking up.

If i was Canada, I would cut off power to the states as Canada supplies electricity to a huge part of the US. Even with reprisals a two day shut off would be catastrophic for the US. Maybe Trump would get the message then.

If i was Canada, I would cut off power to the states as Canada supplies electricity to a huge part of the US. Even with reprisals a two day shut off would be catastrophic for the US. Maybe Trump would get the message then.
The EU cut off 3m from sending masks to Canada and the US back in Mar!-
When the EU followed Taiwan’s lead and banned export of all personal protective equipment last week, it sent Canadian hospitals, governments and businesses scrambling to fill the void.

Hospitals in Toronto and Southwestern Ontario had relied on one 3M plant in the UK for masks and the EU ban (which still applies to the UK despite Brexit) shut down that source, according to executives at two southern Ontario hospitals.

“The U.K. plant under the European Union, they will not give North America the masks,” said Premier Doug Ford during his daily press conference Tuesday. “So, we’re doing everything we can to make sure we have a supply on hand.” 3M did not provide a comment by Wednesday afternoon.

When the EU followed Taiwan’s lead and banned export of all personal protective equipment last week, it sent Canadian hospitals, governments and businesses scrambling to fill the void.

Proof that it's time to make products we need IN THE UNITED STATES.

This is what I'm referring to - https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/3m-n95-masks-1.5520326

Forum List

Back