390 foot asteroid to buzz pass earth closer than the moon tonight

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
(Express) – An asteroid taller than Big Ben’s clock tower will come barreling past our planet later today and approach closer than the Moon, NASA’s asteroid trackers have revealed. NASA expects the asteroid, dubbed 2019 OD, to skim our homeworld on a so-called “Earth Close Approach” trajectory. The asteroid will come flying by today (Wednesday, July 24) less than three weeks after first being spotted on July 5. NASA’s asteroid trackers estimate the space rock will close in on Earth around 2.31pm BST (1.31pm
390 foot asteroid to buzz pass earth closer than the moon tonight!

Wow thanks for the twenty minute warning lmfao!! that's a real heads up there. Thiis plenty of time to run for shelter LOL.....

To be fair, there is a gulf of 238,000 miles between The Earth and The Moon ... I'm pretty sure we'll be OK.

If not, it's happened before. It will happen gain.

(Express) – An asteroid taller than Big Ben’s clock tower will come barreling past our planet later today and approach closer than the Moon, NASA’s asteroid trackers have revealed. NASA expects the asteroid, dubbed 2019 OD, to skim our homeworld on a so-called “Earth Close Approach” trajectory. The asteroid will come flying by today (Wednesday, July 24) less than three weeks after first being spotted on July 5. NASA’s asteroid trackers estimate the space rock will close in on Earth around 2.31pm BST (1.31pm

Wow thanks for the twenty minute warning lmfao!! that's a real heads up there. Thiis plenty of time to run for shelter LOL.....
It may have some effects on our weather. Temperature might rises up to 130 degrees Celsius, or sink below 40 degrees.

What Causes Tides? | NOAA SciJinks – All About Weather

I've got my rod and reel ready, I'll hook that baby......... Is there a catch and release rule for asteroids?

Sooner or later one of those chunks of space rock will have our name on it. If we are going to invest in a space program, part of that should be asteroid intercept and/or redirect technology IMO.

I've got my rod and reel ready, I'll hook that baby......... Is there a catch and release rule for asteroids?
If you catch one you can name it.

Fluffy? :dunno:

Angry Emoticon, maybe?

Sooner or later one of those chunks of space rock will have our name on it. If we are going to invest in a space program, part of that should be asteroid intercept and/or redirect technology IMO.
Other things have priority, I guess...
Kinda like car insurance, you don't need it until you REALLY need it.
Yeah. The good thing is in case of an asteroid, we´ll have no further costs.

Angry Emoticon, maybe?
Nah, Hemorrhoid maybe.....

God said the world will not end with an asteroid strike. Atheists/agnostics belief this stuff.

Other things have priority, I guess...
Kinda like car insurance, you don't need it until you REALLY need it.
Yeah. The good thing is in case of an asteroid, we´ll have no further costs.
Depends on the size of course. But a direct hit with a big honker in the ocean or land could be game set match.

That is why God gave us nuclear missiles. Why be hit with one giant asteroid when we can be hit with 1,000 little radioactive ones.

That is why God gave us nuclear missiles. Why be hit with one giant asteroid when we can be hit with 1,000 little radioactive ones.
The idea is to intercept way far out and not blow it up, but deflect it.

The idea is to intercept way far out and not blow it up, but deflect it.

That doesn't sound like it will result in a lot of youtubes of asteroids hitting shit. I like my plan much better.

Forum List

Back