38% employers will lay off employees if minimum wage raised..we told you!

If you took that serious you're a dumbass. But I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

Well see I take things like death threats serious as I've never been threatened by people I share dialogue with but it seems your own retort is to make physical threats.
The more you make light of it the more you concern me because normal people don't need to lash out especially when you made the threat.
There is no humor when it comes to making death threats.

I'm not the one who brought up shooting the messenger. That would be you.
Why so violent?

Of course I did! But YOU made the threat to do that to me.
Again you made personal life threatening statement to me.
I take that serious as should the moderators.

Are you PLAYING dumb, or are you ACTUALLY dumb?

I may be way dumber then you but I'm just smart enough to know you don't make ANY life threatening comments to anyone.

A) Because any one who 'wants to shoot the messenger'..i.e. me' seems to resort to violence and that is not smart!
B) I am not one to seek any reaction because I'm fairly passive person but YOU if you are smarter then me should know you don't know
who you might be threatening. For example you have NO idea who I am. For all you know I might be part of law enforcement and
your comment makes you someone prone to violent actions and therefore someone to be watched.

Being dumber then you I KNOW enough NOT to give any reason to anyone to resort to violence as obviously you have done...

Are you stoned?

For someone who purports being smarter then me you are surely adding to the impression you are a person to be watched.
You've continued to insult me, threaten me and totally disregarding the premise of the thread and making me the center of your anger.
I was sharing with readers the attitude of 38% of employers who see no other way of handling a MW increase but to let fire employees.

If you need 10 people and you pay them 100 dollars a day to make a 1000 widgets at 1000 dollars a widgets, if you had to pay the workers 150 dollars a day, would you fire 2 workers and lose 2000 dollars a day to save 300 dollars a day?
Thats not how it works.

That's exactly how it works. Competent businesses are staffed at minimum staff already. I don't hire extra employees just because labor is cheap.

The argument that I do is stupid. It's like saying I buy extra of ANY commodity I need just because it is cheap, I do NOT, I buy what I need. Labor is just a commodity.

If you need 10 people and you pay them 100 dollars a day to make a 1000 widgets at 1000 dollars a widgets, if you had to pay the workers 150 dollars a day, would you fire 2 workers and lose 2000 dollars a day to save 300 dollars a day?
Thats not how it works.

That's exactly how it works. Competent businesses are staffed at minimum staff already. I don't hire extra employees just because labor is cheap.

The argument that I do is stupid. It's like saying I buy extra of ANY commodity I need just because it is cheap, I do NOT, I buy what I need. Labor is just a commodity.

You are correct!

No business will run successfully for very long with surplus employees. And to state that businesses will lay off employees if the minimum wage goes up suggests that those businesses had surplus employees to begin with.

They might raise prices, but they won't layoff.

Last edited:
...and when wage is increased and nobody is laid off, this con will say, "I never said that". BTW, they already raised it in Connecticut.

Last edited:
...and when wage is increased and nobody is laid off, this con will say, "I never said that". BTW, they already raised it in Connecticut.

Well that's GREAT they raised it in Connecticut! I am all in favor of STATES rights and if you are in a STATE that wants to raise minimum wage then by all
means if that's the people's wishes do SO!
But NOT across the spectrum of states where cost of living is not as high as Connecticut.
That's why there are 50 states.

Oh by the way..Connecticut has the 10th highest unemployment rate at 7.9%
North Dakota 2.6%
Cost of living in Connecticut the 4th highest..
Cost of living in North Dakota 20th highest.

Minimum wage in Connecticut $8.70 2nd highest in the country.
North Dakota $7.25.. Federal minimum...

Just saying there will be more people in Connecticut looking for work then in North Dakota..
Believe it or not, a place exists where companies are hiring like crazy, and you can make $15 an hour serving tacos,
$25 an hour waiting tables and $80,000 a year driving trucks.
Oil boom brings high-paying jobs to North Dakota - Sep. 28, 2011

And all way above the minimum wage!

Forum List

Back