30-50% of people have no inner monologue

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

What if someone with no internal monologue lived alone in the woods. How would that go? ;)

Jokes aside....I think the respondents that expressed that they have no inner monolog are simply to ill educated, moronic, or otherwise mentally deficient to even understand what an inner monolog is.....In other words, a dullard.

What if someone with no internal monologue lived alone in the woods. How would that go? ;)

Jokes aside....I think the respondents that expressed that they have no inner monolog are simply to ill educated, moronic, or otherwise mentally deficient to even understand what an inner monolog is.....In other words, a dullard.

i'm not sure my inner monologue would o0en the tonight show, but it does have its moments.

hint. for those of you who don;t think you have an inner monologue, do you ever talk to your dog, or your wife or anything else that isn't listening?

If you have a wife I guess you really don't need one. ;)
Oh yes you do!
"Go out to the shed, out of sight, out of mind. Stay there a few hours."

I have an outer monologue. It helps me keep things straight.

Oh yes you do!
"Go out to the shed, out of sight, out of mind. Stay there a few hours."

I have an outer monologue. It helps me keep things straight.
When you get married, it becomes clear in a very short time that the garage/shed is all that you really have as your own.

Some also lack an outer monologue as well.

1710854357512.png

Oh but no, now they want a she-shed next to yours. ;)
You ain't lyin', but she ain't comin' out to it when you're out in yours unless she wants to start a fight or make up.

I provided my best friend(s) (wife) with the "she-shed". :auiqs.jpg:

And it was set up right next to his, too! :laughing0301:

Last edited:

Agreed. Ya can't function with out one. No way to make a decision. The shit people come up with these days.

When you get married, it becomes clear in a very short time that the garage/shed is all that you really have as your own.
Lol,back when I was married. My wife came out into my detached garage. Peeks her head in and said " This place is so disgusting I can't even enter." I think I said it my mind but ya , I thought that is the point. She was so pissed off all the time, I sometimes could not tell if I said it my mind or out loud. After long enough the result was the same either way , I thought she might as well speak my mind.

Lol,back when I was married. My wife came out into my detached garage. Peeks her head in and said " This place is so disgusting I can't even enter." I think I said it my mind but ya , I thought that is the point. She was so pissed off all the time, I sometimes could not tell if I said it my mind or out loud. After long enough the result was the same either way , I thought she might as well speak my mind.
I hear ya.

Mine would make Indiana Jones afraid to enter.

I hear ya.

Mine would make Indiana Jones afraid to enter.
I am sorry to hear that. I am almost shell shocked by my experience. Unlikely I will ever enter into another serious relationship again. My patience for such things is zero. This is why I spend most my time on the water or in the woods. I get in an argument with a fish or an animal I kill it and eat it. Very peaceful life and my taste buds are happy as well as my soul. As far as family time these days I spend most my time with my daughter and grandchildren. My daughter is quiet and kind. My grandchildren are curious little sponges with unlimited energy. I will teach them to appreciate peace and to enjoy the little things. Nothing was ever good enough for my wife. This put her in a state of perpetual disappointment. A fate I will not allow my children and grandchildren fall into.

Possibly quite the opposite .
Many of us involved in these areas believe that emotional IQ is far more important than academic IQ in pivotal situations ----- where verbal ability is just one general IQ component , albeit a large and highly important one . .
Some argue that it is emotions and feelings that provide the fastest and most reliable routes to the Mind , as distinct from the Brain .
I am inclined to that view, but that may be because I am instinctive and highly intuitive and in most situations use the mind directly and make decisions at least initially from there ---- perhaps using the Brain immediately after to then check and re-check .
I have privately regarded those having "inner monologues" to be slower and more careful types . I suspect there is a greater concentration of introverts in this group and that Cognitive Rigidity is higher , at least initially .
Not necessarily better or worse . just different

Forum List

Back