3 Teens Killed As A Result Of Prank Gone Wrong

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...rnia-murder-teens-crash-ding-dong-ditch-prank

Simply a tragic tragic story.....basically 6 California teens were having a sleepover -- and they dared one of the teens to either jump in the pool or go play a long time childhood prank known as ding dong ditch...so they hop in a 2002 Honda Prius and go out looking for the right house to prank...unfortunately they picked the wrong house...

"Once there, one of the boys got out of the car, rang the doorbell, and ran back to the Prius, authorities said. Anurag Chandra, a 42-year-old Corona resident and owner of the house, then allegedly got into his 2019 Infinity Q50 and began chasing the teens’ car, the DA’s office said. ..the man allegedly ran his vehicle into theirs, forcing it off the road in Temescal Valley, about 60 miles southeast of Los Angeles -- The teens' Prius then collided with a tree, killing three 16-year-old boys: Drake Ruiz, Daniel Hawkins, and Jacob Ivascu."

Now most of us played pranks as kids -- this may have included the ding dong prank, wrapping toilet paper around homes, egging cars, etc -- and most of the times, adults would handle it by giving the kids a stern talking and then going and telling the parents of those kids...what this guy did was absolutely over the top -- these boys didn't damage your property, they didn't try to break in your house -- but you hop in your car and take actions that resulted in these boys losing their life? Luckily this guy was arrested, charged with three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder -- and he faces the death penalty when convicted....

Some friends and I did the ding-and-ditch prank once as teens. The guy came after us firing a gun. :cuckoo:

..the kids are to blame, not the homeowner ...no prank--no deaths ..I'd vote not guilty

..the kids are to blame, not the homeowner ...no prank--no deaths ..I'd vote not guilty
At the end of the day, how bad is ringing a person's door bell and then taking off? How the homeowner responded only kept the "game" going and now look at what has happened. Don't be surprised if the homeowner is labeled more of a perpetrator compared to the kids in the eyes of the authorities when the homeowner is without a doubt guilty of more than what the kids are guilty of. If the kids had to pay, why not the homeowner as well in some way when they are now guilty of worse?

God bless you and the families of the victims always!!!

Holly

P.S. My only other question is does the homeowner have any remorse for the role that they decided to play?

Last edited:
At the end of the day, how bad is ringing a person's door bell and then taking off? How the homeowner responded only kept the "game" going and now look at what has happened. Don't be surprised if the homeowner is labeled more of a perpetrator compared to the kids in the eyes of the authorities when the homeowner is without a doubt guilty of more than what the kids are guilty of. If the kids had to pay, why not the homeowner as well in some way when they are now guilty of worse?

Holly

P.S. My only other question is does the homeowner have any remorse for the role that they decided to play?
..actions have reactions and consequences ...how would you like it if one of your family members were scrared from some '''prank''?

Holly

..actions have reactions and consequences ...how would you like it if one of your family members were scrared from some '''prank''?
I agree, that actions have consequences, but how severe should the punishment be considering how severe the original activity was not in the grand scheme? What happened next is way worse than what started the whole story and like I say in my previous message, if the kids had to pay, why not the homeowner as well when what the homeowner is guilty of only made things worse?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. You ask me about how I would feel if someone I cared about was the person getting a prank pulled on them. It would depend on the severity of the prank. People have come to my door before. Because I didn't know them, I never acknowledged their presence and because their choice of activity never went any further, my choice of activity never did either and that right there is another thing to think about. Because of what the homeowner decided to do, we will never know how much more the kids would or wouldn't have done.

Holly

I agree, that actions have consequences, but how severe should the punishment be considering how severe the original activity was not in the grand scheme? What happened next is way worse than what started the whole story and like I say in my previous message, if the kids had to pay, why not the homeowner as well when what the homeowner is guilty of only made things worse?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. You ask me about how I would feel if someone I cared about was the person getting a prank pulled on them. It would depend on the severity of the prank. People have come to my door before. Because I didn't know them, I never acknowledged their presence and because their choice of activity never went any further, mine never did either.
..the kids said he rammed them.....let's wait for evidence

^^^ And because of how the homeowner decided to respond, we will never know how much more the kids would or wouldn't have done which is another something to think about.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back