3 officers in George Floyd case found guilty.

My question was, "The founders understood civilians should take their government frustrations out on civilians?"
You have yet to answer.
The founders wanted the govt to be scared of the people. They didnt want the people to be scared of the people.
We live in different times now.

One of the officers says he was on crowd control against the angry potentially violent black mob and couldn't see what was happening with Floyd. How is that fair again?
To be honest and just jumping in here, I would’ve had more respect for that cop had he not said that about not knowing what was going on when he had a front row seat sitting on Floyd’s legs.

It’s advisable to know what’s going around you at the scene, including the actions of your fellow coworkers.

Edit- I caught up to speed and the rookie was one of the two cops who knelt on Floyd’s legs while other knelt on his back, not the cop standing facing the crowd. In other words these two had a front row seat. I have to say as a potential juror I would not have appreciated hearing any attempt of, “I didn’t know what was going on because I was a rookie!” He should’ve stuck to the dialogue, where he stated that he questioned “should we roll him over on his side now” and Chavin’s answer was “no, the ambulance is coming”. The other part perhaps sealed his fate.

Last edited:
Lifestyle is not what any of this is about, I'd say.
Respectfully agree to disagree.

I believe George Floyd's 'lifestyle' is picked apart on the daily by magaturds. With help from their media.

Babbitt's too. The left wing media feasted upon the entrails of her past like California Condors. With help from their media.

It's all a ton of partisan happy horseshit to me, but hey, that's just one opinion, I suppose. :113:

People do specific things, right in front of a whole lot of large men holding guns pointed at them, and then they die.
Sometimes that does happen, agreed. It is a rather ambiguous claim, but I think I get the gist. In my experience, it happens a whole lot less than people are led to believe.
This is not about "lifestyle," it's about being an idiot. Either one, Floyd or Babbitt.
Totally agreed. :113:
Floyd doesn't matter; he was drugged out of his mind and is no loss.
If you delete empathy, anything can be rationalized regarding human loss. Maybe Floyd had a drug problem. Maybe he did a bunch of thug shit, and packed more melanin. All that nonsense put together? That, and 7 bucks will get you a mocha in most places.

Do I believe he deserved a street execution by LEOs based upon nothing but priors? No.
Babbitt puzzles me; I guess she just got very overexcited? I mean, prying glass off that window to get thru while all those dire looking men with guns were pointing them at her? She had a hard time taking a hint.
Understatement of the year. Kudos. She has glaring flaws too, but you refuse to see 'em. Fascinating stuff.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing
I imagine that group had been on other apprehensions that were difficult but the perp. wasn’t in the horrid condition that Floyd was so there was Nothing for them to recognize to take action against the other officer.
This is ALL ABOUT how bad this looked (feeling) and not about how bad it was(fact)
Bullshit! Got any more gibberish?

This thread is much bigger than the "Law and Justice System". It's amazing someone doesn't understand that.

Today, the trump Nazis were dealt a serious blow, as former Minneapolis police officers J. Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane, and Tou Thao were convicted for willfully depriving George Floyd of his liberty without due process while acting under color of law, including by failing to provide medical aid to him as he was being murdered by fellow officer Derek Chauvin. Former officers Kueng and Thao were also convicted of depriving Mr. Floyd of his constitutional right to be free from unreasonable seizure, which includes their willful failure to intervene to stop Chauvin’s fatal use of unreasonable force against Mr. Floyd in May 2020, while acting under color of law.

This verdict is very significant in advancing accountability for the actions of law enforcement. Officers must know that they will be held responsible for their failure to intervene to stop the criminal acts of fellow officers. Officers must understand that it is in their own interest to interrupt violent, unconstitutional conduct committed by fellow officers, and that their duty to intervene is an affirmative obligation under the law. “We followed orders,” is not and never has been a defense for officers of the state who participate in the violation of human or civil rights.

This trial has shown that officers Kueng, Lane, and Thao’s failure to intervene during the use of unreasonable force and their decisions to assist Derek Chauvin in restraining Mr. Floyd were just as devastating as affirmative acts of violence. Each of those bystander officers had a duty to save Mr. Floyd’s life, but instead exhibited a callous disregard for his humanity that cannot be forgotten or excused. The hierarchical and toxic culture of compliance in policing is in part to blame for this failure, but the sanctity of Mr. Floyd’s life was clear, and the three officers were dutybound to protect it, even from their senior officer.

Derek Chauvin may have murdered Mr. Floyd by pressing a knee to his neck for an excruciating nine minutes and 29 seconds, but Chauvin was enabled, supported, and undeterred by the three former officers convicted today.

As the U.S. Department of Justice’s pattern-or-practice investigation of the Minneapolis Police Department continues, we are reminded that accountability and justice in Minneapolis does not end with this trial. The DOJ’s investigation must consider whether officers’ failures to intervene are a systemic issue that contributes to a pattern or practice of excessive force, and whether this disproportionately affects Black members of the Minneapolis community.

The trump Nazis believe themselves to be experts in every subject, with their inherent knowledge of criminal law and civil rights being at or near the top of the list. So, they will no doubt be picking apart news items concerning this trial and verdict, explaining, in trump-Nazi-talking-points, where the prosecution was wrong and the mistakes made by the defense.

Hopefully, today’s convictions offer a measure of justice to the Floyd family and their community for their tragic loss.

News flash the dumb negro is still dead

Forum List

Back