3 men charged with federal hate crimes in killing of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

Then why are so many lawyers saying essentially what I am?
Because the propaganda is made for the Sheeple, just like you.

So you didn’t put me on ignore. Excellent.

Sheeple. And Propaganda.

What is Propaganda? Is it the laws of Georgia that have been on the books for decades? The Precedents that define those laws which have also been in effect for decades? Is this factual history propaganda?

Sheeple. And Propaganda.

What is Propaganda? Is it the laws of Georgia that have been on the books for decades? The Precedents that define those laws which have also been in effect for decades? Is this factual history propaganda?
It's the shit you parrot here daily.

I sincerely hope that they are able to get a conviction and that people's eyes are finally open to what's been happening all around them, even if they were unable of it.​
April 28, 2021, 2:32 PM PDT / Updated April 28, 2021, 4:08 PM PDT​
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Three Georgia men previously charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury and charged with hate crimes and attempted kidnapping.​
Ahmaud Arbery.
Ahmaud Arbery. Courtesy of Family
Arbery was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, when Travis McMichael, 35, and his father, Gregory McMichael, 65, pursued him in their truck and shot him dead on Feb. 23, 2020.​
William "Roddie" Bryan, 51, who was driving behind them in a separate truck, filmed the shooting.​
Later, Gregory McMichael, a retired police officer, leaked the video because he wanted "the public to know the truth," his attorney said in 2020.
The Department of Justice alleged on Wednesday that the men confronted Arbery "because of his race."​
The incident sparked outrage and spurred an international movement to draw attention to racism against Black runners, NBC News reported.
Travis and Gregory were also each charged with "carrying, and brandishing—and in Travis’s case, discharging—a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence," the DOJ said in a press release.​
Gregory and Travis, father and son, were previously each charged with murder in May 2020 for the death of Arbery.​
The OP only posted a greatly truncated version of the story in order to make Arbery look like an innocent child. The link the OP posted has scant details and a sensational headline. I'm calling bullshit fake news. Arbery was seen by two men in the neighborhood and he (Arbery) matched the description of a neighborhood thief. Arbery was inside a newly constructed house and they thought he was stealing stuff. (carepenter's tools, etc.) They stopped him and they were armed. They said they wanted to talk to Arbery but Arbery started attacking them. One guy had a shotgun and shot Arbery. That's the whole story, you make up your own mind but please don't believe the OP's version it's purposely leaving out important details of the confrontation.
Arbery was known to the father, Gregory McMichael who had previously investigated him for a charge while Arbery was in high school.

It seems that Arbery was possibly targeted and not because of anything the McMichael's witnessed that day, but because of their knowledge of him and his family and the disdain/animus they held towards them.
You mean Arbery was a KNOWN criminal? He had trepassed and was known to be a thief? Who in their right mind wouldn't stop his criminal ass?

There is a new thing going around .....called wokeness....aka teachers lounge politics.

Sheeple. And Propaganda.

In a way you are sort of right. There are actually several different types of propaganda. The most effective is that which uses truth to diminish the faith of followers.

Exposing the big lie.

So in a way you are right. I am exposing the lies put forth by RE radicals. Like yourself. And countering them with facts and truth. All you do is post the same video and scream hysterically that it was not what everyone else says it is.

I posted links to the precedents including one from the Georgia BAR. The legal association that lawyers must be a member of. You scream that they are wrong.

I post links to their lawyers claiming that it was a valid Citizens Arrest. You scream that it wasn’t a citizens arrest. I do wonder what you think a citizens arrest is. Obviously the legal talent retained by the defendants hasn’t got your insight into Georgia Law.

You shrilly scream that we need to watch the video. It shows everything. Well. It doesn’t. Why were the McMichaels in the middle of the road so far from their house? Hunting? That doesn’t help them either. Georgia laws again. They still go to prison.

So yes. I am putting out propaganda. The most effective kind. The kind based in truth and facts. What you are putting out is the kind based in lies and at best half truth.

Sheeple. And Propaganda.

In a way you are sort of right. There are actually several different types of propaganda. The most effective is that which uses truth to diminish the faith of followers.

Exposing the big lie.

So in a way you are right. I am exposing the lies put forth by RE radicals. Like yourself. And countering them with facts and truth. All you do is post the same video and scream hysterically that it was not what everyone else says it is.

I posted links to the precedents including one from the Georgia BAR. The legal association that lawyers must be a member of. You scream that they are wrong.

I post links to their lawyers claiming that it was a valid Citizens Arrest. You scream that it wasn’t a citizens arrest. I do wonder what you think a citizens arrest is. Obviously the legal talent retained by the defendants hasn’t got your insight into Georgia Law.

You shrilly scream that we need to watch the video. It shows everything. Well. It doesn’t. Why were the McMichaels in the middle of the road so far from their house? Hunting? That doesn’t help them either. Georgia laws again. They still go to prison.

So yes. I am putting out propaganda. The most effective kind. The kind based in truth and facts. What you are putting out is the kind based in lies and at best half truth.
No ...

The only thing you are doing is parroting the propaganda from the Fake News MSM.

I'm sure you did the same during the Zimmerman trial.

We all knew Zimmerman was not going to be convicted because Martin attacked him.

This case is very similiar with the exception that this time there is video of Arbery attacking.

But, instead of parroting all the Fake News MSM propaganda that you Leftist can't seem to get enough of ....

I think I'll just wait to see what happens during the trial.

Sheeple. And Propaganda.

Exposing the big lie.

No ...

The only thing you are doing is parroting the propaganda from the Fake News MSM.

I'm sure you did the same during the Zimmerman trial.

We all knew Zimmerman was not going to be convicted because Martin attacked him.

This case is very similiar with the exception that this time there is video of Arbery attacking.

But, instead of parroting all the Fake News MSM propaganda that you Leftist can't seem to get enough of ....

I think I'll just wait to see what happens during the trial.

Zimmerman was in Florida. This happened in Georgia. Two different states. With two different laws. From those laws there are different precedents. States Rights. You may have heard of it.

Let me see if I can explain the difference for you. Let’s say there is an intruder in my home. I shoot him with my Glock 17. I have the full capacity 17 round magazine loaded with 124 grain hollow points. In Georgia no problem. Castle Doctrine. In Colorado. Problem.

In Colorado my pistol is illegal. It exceeds the maximum capacity allowable under state law. I’ve used an illegal weapon to kill an intruder.

Different States. Different Laws. Same scenario. Different Outcomes.

Zimmerman was in Florida. This happened in Georgia. Two different states. With two different laws. From those laws there are different precedents. States Rights. You may have heard of it.

Let me see if I can explain the difference for you. Let’s say there is an intruder in my home. I shoot him with my Glock 17. I have the full capacity 17 round magazine loaded with 124 grain hollow points. In Georgia no problem. Castle Doctrine. In Colorado. Problem.

In Colorado my pistol is illegal. It exceeds the maximum capacity allowable under state law. I’ve used an illegal weapon to kill an intruder.

Forgive me but, I am not interested in your imaginary scenarios to justify what you think happened in this case.

I am only interested in the evidence that will be presented at the trial.

You can discuss all the whataboutisms and Propaganda with your fellow Leftist friends.

Forgive me but, I am not interested in your imaginary scenarios to justify what you think happened in this case.

I am only interested in the evidence that will be presented at the trial.

You can discuss all the whataboutisms and Propaganda with your fellow Leftist friends.

Oh. You want to discuss the evidence that will be presented at the trial. Well that is easily accommodated.

This is the first hearing. In it you will hear all the evidence accumulated at that time. The second hearing was two days. I doubt you’ll watch all three hours and won’t bother with linking to the two days for that reason.

Arbury was not committing a crime on the day he died. So his death was the crime.
It does not change the fact that he was a criminal and he was persued because he was a criminal.

And, a jury will decide if his death was a crime.
Gregory McMichael had previously investigated Arbery. Considering all the problems McMichael had with his law enforcement gig, he may very well have been unconstitutionally profiling him and/or had a beef with him.

None of that however is legal grounds for what these three racists did that day. And yeah using a racial epitaph is proof that one is a racist because people who are not, NEVER use them.

As I understand it, Travis McMichael also took it upon himself to initiated a confrontation with Arbery - or with a guy he says is Arbery - prior to the day they killed him. And the "string of burglaries" they told the police they'd had in the neighborhood appear, from police records, to have been only one theft . . . of a gun from Travis's truck, with no evidence whatsoever who did it.

It's looking more and more to me like the McMichaels had some sort of personal beef that they decided to pin on Arbery.

Ok for all the new people to the thread. Let’s go over the facts. The defense for the McMichaels is that they were engaging in a legal Citizens Arrest. In order for that defense to be valid Arbury had to be committing a crime on that day. What crime was Arbury committing?
Trespassing-----------while casing the place for ANOTHER ROBBERY. He was already suspect to have stolen from the place.

Yeah, you keep asserting that, and mysteriously missing all the times you've been asked to substantiate it. It's almost like you really WANT to believe it, but know you have no evidence to support it . . . and want to avoid admitting that.

Any time you want to show proof that he was "casing the place", or that "he was suspect [sic] to have stolen from it", or even that anything was EVER stolen from that location, I will be happy to stop considering everything you say on this subject to automatically be a lie, simply because you're saying it.

Wow us with your evidence. Whenever you have some.

I sincerely hope that they are able to get a conviction and that people's eyes are finally open to what's been happening all around them, even if they were unable of it.​
April 28, 2021, 2:32 PM PDT / Updated April 28, 2021, 4:08 PM PDT​
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Three Georgia men previously charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury and charged with hate crimes and attempted kidnapping.​
Ahmaud Arbery.
Ahmaud Arbery. Courtesy of Family
Arbery was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, when Travis McMichael, 35, and his father, Gregory McMichael, 65, pursued him in their truck and shot him dead on Feb. 23, 2020.​
William "Roddie" Bryan, 51, who was driving behind them in a separate truck, filmed the shooting.​
Later, Gregory McMichael, a retired police officer, leaked the video because he wanted "the public to know the truth," his attorney said in 2020.
The Department of Justice alleged on Wednesday that the men confronted Arbery "because of his race."​
The incident sparked outrage and spurred an international movement to draw attention to racism against Black runners, NBC News reported.
Travis and Gregory were also each charged with "carrying, and brandishing—and in Travis’s case, discharging—a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence," the DOJ said in a press release.​
Gregory and Travis, father and son, were previously each charged with murder in May 2020 for the death of Arbery.​
The OP only posted a greatly truncated version of the story in order to make Arbery look like an innocent child. The link the OP posted has scant details and a sensational headline. I'm calling bullshit fake news. Arbery was seen by two men in the neighborhood and he (Arbery) matched the description of a neighborhood thief. Arbery was inside a newly constructed house and they thought he was stealing stuff. (carepenter's tools, etc.) They stopped him and they were armed. They said they wanted to talk to Arbery but Arbery started attacking them. One guy had a shotgun and shot Arbery. That's the whole story, you make up your own mind but please don't believe the OP's version it's purposely leaving out important details of the confrontation.

I just heard, "Your link wasn't an exhaustive recap of the story, therefore it's bullshit and I'm just going to assert the story as I've decided is true, but I don't need to provide any links at all."

And then I stopped reading, because I don't waste time on people who want to "know" things rather than proving them.

Whenever you can prove it, do let us know, won't you?

Ok for all the new people to the thread. Let’s go over the facts. The defense for the McMichaels is that they were engaging in a legal Citizens Arrest. In order for that defense to be valid Arbury had to be committing a crime on that day. What crime was Arbury committing?
Trespassing-----------while casing the place for ANOTHER ROBBERY. He was already suspect to have stolen from the place.

Actually under Georgia Law. He wasn’t really Trespassing. Legal Precedent on that has restricted the ability to either arrest someone for that crime or have the police arrest them to the property owner or legally designated representative.

People come to construction sites. As long as they don’t take anything Trespassing isn’t really a crime that they can be charged with.

And as far as him being a suspect in another burglary it happened long before the shooting so it is not Germaine to the day either.

The purpose of Citizens Arrest was to allow someone to detain an individual caught in the act. It can hardly be said that a burglary weeks ago was “in the act”.

Next?

There are multiple videos of various people walking around on that construction site. Interesting how, as far as I can see, the only one that the McMichaels got their panties in a bunch over was the black guy. I don't recall hearing about them grabbing their guns and hopping in the truck to chase down the older white couple who were caught on video on that site, for example.

Actually under Georgia Law. He wasn’t really Trespassing. Legal Precedent on that has restricted the ability to either arrest someone for that crime or have the police arrest them to the property owner or legally designated representative.

People come to construction sites. As long as they don’t take anything Trespassing isn’t really a crime that they can be charged with.

And as far as him being a suspect in another burglary it happened long before the shooting so it is not Germaine to the day either.

The purpose of Citizens Arrest was to allow someone to detain an individual caught in the act. It can hardly be said that a burglary weeks ago was “in the act”.

Next?

There are multiple videos of various people walking around on that construction site. Interesting how, as far as I can see, the only one that the McMichaels got their panties in a bunch over was the black guy. I don't recall hearing about them grabbing their guns and hopping in the truck to chase down the older white couple who were caught on video on that site, for example.

The whites were unknown to the McMichaels......try and use a lil bit of common sense...how you gonna chase or go after someone that you do not know who they are, where they are or where they live?

They only chased after Ahmaud because he was running by the McMichaels house and Greg got a phone call about an intruder on the property just before he saw Ahmaud running from that direction and he recognized Ahmaud from the security cam footage he had seen previously.

Geez....how much more stupid can you get???

Looking at incidents and assigning blame by skin color is racist.

Next?

The whites were unknown to the McMichaels......try and use a lil bit of common sense...how you gonna chase or go after someone that you do not know who they are, where they are or where they live?

They only chased after Ahmaud because he was running by the McMichaels house and Greg got a phone call about an intruder on the property just before he saw Ahmaud running from that direction and he recognized Ahmaud from the security cam footage he had seen previously.

Geez....how much more stupid can you get???

I did not trust my memory. So I searched. I can’t find any reference to Larry English calling the McMichaels on the day of the shooting.

In fact. Larry English says that he never sent the video to the McMichaels.

So if nobody called the McMichaels why did they set off in pursuit?

I did not trust my memory. So I searched. I can’t find any reference to Larry English calling the McMichaels on the day of the shooting.

In fact. Larry English says that he never sent the video to the McMichaels.

So if nobody called the McMichaels why did they set off in pursuit?
So English is distancing himself from the incident. No shit. They never identified the person in the construction site. An unarmed man was killed....Justice will be dispensed. I just object to some calling it a racist incident.

Forum List

Back