$3.5T Not As Big As You Might Think

We were talking about that at home today, and it was brought up that, with more folks working from home, that might also result in being able to supervise children and also be gainfully employed.

Good curriculums are available online for every grade level and students benefit from individual attention throughout the learning process. The trends in education often seem to be driven by the latest buzzword or theory but one constant over the years has been that the amount of attention given to a student often correlates to their learning progress.

In some instances the same basic curriculum delivered during an academic year in public schools can be successfully mastered in half that time with home schooled students.

Tax cuts so not pay for themselves. They ADD to the debt.
Both of your lies have been debunked numerous times in this thread, liar.

They don't need to pay for themselves because the govt doesn't own all money. And revenues have always gone up after a tax cut so it is impossible for them to add to the debt, moron.

Good curriculums are available online for every grade level and students benefit from individual attention throughout the learning process. The trends in education often seem to be driven by the latest buzzword or theory but one constant over the years has been that the amount of attention given to a student often correlates to their learning progress.

In some instances the same basic curriculum delivered during an academic year in public schools can be successfully mastered in half that time with home schooled students.

Government schoolers have this advantage.....they don't have to master anything.

"Proving You Can Read, Write, Do Math Is No Longer A Requirement To Graduate High School In Oregon"

Government schoolers have this advantage.....they don't have to master anything.

"Proving You Can Read, Write, Do Math Is No Longer A Requirement To Graduate High School In Oregon"

Sad but true.

Exactly.

Republicans always act like corps can arbitrarily charge what they like.

The fact is...they are already charging the most that they can without losing business. They CAN charge more...and sell less...or they can scale back their record profits
And when the cost of doing business becomes too high, the corps move to another country where it's lower. Then democrats start howling again. Want them to stay here, don't make the cost of doing business so high they can't compete on the international market.

Did I say "a tax cut hurt"?

No . I correctly explained that it adds to the debt. I also explained that that spending is a much more effective way to boost the economy and one that produces things...like roads and bridges etc.
I correctly explained that it adds to the debt.

No, you have not "explained" anything. You made that claim, but have not brought anything to back it up. In fact, you have been proven to be a lying sack with links to revenue numbers.

Both of your lies have been debunked numerous times in this thread, liar.

They don't need to pay for themselves because the govt doesn't own all money. And revenues have always gone up after a tax cut so it is impossible for them to add to the debt, moron.
Bullshit. State the post number troll

Bullshit. State the post number troll
Here ya go, dumbass.

U.S. Tax Revenue by Year​

Here's a record of income for each fiscal year since 1789. Tax receipts fell off during the recession but started setting new records by FY 2013.6

Fiscal YearRevenue
FY 2021$3.86 (estimated)
FY 2020$3.71 trillion (estimated)
FY 2019$3.46 trillion (actual)
FY 2018$3.33 trillion
FY 2017$3.32 trillion
FY 2016$3.27 trillion

If you were not trolling then you have my apologies. That was a very strange post which showed a glaring lack of understanding. I actually gave you too much credit.

Glad I could help though. You understand the subject better now?
Yes, I do understand, you are clueless when it comes to the national debt. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yes, I do understand, you are clueless when it comes to the national debt. Thanks for clearing it up.
Great. Now explain what you think i get wrong.

Let's HAVE that discussion...unless you were just trolling

Great. Now explain what you think i get wrong.

Let's HAVE that discussion...unless you were just trolling
I have told you over and over what I think, you claim I am wrong and I claim I am right. This is page 41 of this thread and not one damn thing you have posted , do I agree with. The below is very close to what I believe is the problem with the rising debt. Hopefully it is simple enough for you to understand, but I doubt it.

First, as the national debt per capita increases, the likelihood of the government defaulting on its debt service obligation increases, and therefore the Treasury Department will have to raise the yield on newly issued treasury securities to attract new investors. This reduces the amount of tax revenue available to spend on other governmental services because more tax revenue will have to be paid out as interest on the national debt. Over time, this shift in expenditures will cause people to experience a lower standard of living, as borrowing for economic enhancement projects becomes more difficult.

Second, as the rate offered on treasury securities increases, corporations operating in America will be viewed as riskier, necessitating an increase in the yield on newly issued bonds. This, in turn, will require corporations to raise the price of their products and services to meet the increased cost of their debt service obligation. Over time, this will cause people to pay more for goods and services, resulting in inflation.

Third, as the yield offered on treasury securities increases, the cost of borrowing money to purchase a home will increase because the cost of money in the mortgage lending market is directly tied to the short-term interest rates set by the Federal Reserve and the yield offered on treasury securities. Given this established interrelationship, an increase in interest rates will push home prices down, because prospective home buyers will no longer qualify for as large of a mortgage loan since they will have to pay more of their money to cover the interest expense on the loan they receive. The result will be more downward pressure on the value of homes, which in turn will reduce the net worth of all homeowners.

Fourth, since the yield on U.S. Treasury securities is currently considered a risk-free rate of return, and as the yield on these securities increases, risky investments such as corporate debt and equity investments will lose appeal. This phenomenon is a direct result of the fact it will be more difficult for corporations to generate enough pre-tax income to offer a high enough risk premium on their bonds and stock dividends to justify investing in their company. This dilemma is known as the crowding out effect and tends to encourage the growth in the size of the government and the simultaneous reduction in the size of the private sector.

Fifth, and perhaps most importantly, as the risk of a country defaulting on its debt service obligation increases, the country loses its social, economic, and political power. This, in turn, makes the national debt level a national security issue.

The Bottom Line​

The national debt level is one of the most important public policy issues. When debt is used appropriately, it can be used to foster the long-term growth and prosperity of a country. However, the national debt must be evaluated in an appropriate manner, such as comparing the amount of interest expense paid to other governmental expenditures or by comparing debt levels on a per capita basis.

I have told you over and over what I think, you claim I am wrong and I claim I am right. This is page 41 of this thread and not one damn thing you have posted , do I agree with. The below is very close to what I believe is the problem with the rising debt. Hopefully it is simple enough for you to understand, but I doubt it.

First, as the national debt per capita increases, the likelihood of the government defaulting on its debt service obligation increases, and therefore the Treasury Department will have to raise the yield on newly issued treasury securities to attract new investors. This reduces the amount of tax revenue available to spend on other governmental services because more tax revenue will have to be paid out as interest on the national debt. Over time, this shift in expenditures will cause people to experience a lower standard of living, as borrowing for economic enhancement projects becomes more difficult.

Second, as the rate offered on treasury securities increases, corporations operating in America will be viewed as riskier, necessitating an increase in the yield on newly issued bonds. This, in turn, will require corporations to raise the price of their products and services to meet the increased cost of their debt service obligation. Over time, this will cause people to pay more for goods and services, resulting in inflation.

Third, as the yield offered on treasury securities increases, the cost of borrowing money to purchase a home will increase because the cost of money in the mortgage lending market is directly tied to the short-term interest rates set by the Federal Reserve and the yield offered on treasury securities. Given this established interrelationship, an increase in interest rates will push home prices down, because prospective home buyers will no longer qualify for as large of a mortgage loan since they will have to pay more of their money to cover the interest expense on the loan they receive. The result will be more downward pressure on the value of homes, which in turn will reduce the net worth of all homeowners.

Fourth, since the yield on U.S. Treasury securities is currently considered a risk-free rate of return, and as the yield on these securities increases, risky investments such as corporate debt and equity investments will lose appeal. This phenomenon is a direct result of the fact it will be more difficult for corporations to generate enough pre-tax income to offer a high enough risk premium on their bonds and stock dividends to justify investing in their company. This dilemma is known as the crowding out effect and tends to encourage the growth in the size of the government and the simultaneous reduction in the size of the private sector.

Fifth, and perhaps most importantly, as the risk of a country defaulting on its debt service obligation increases, the country loses its social, economic, and political power. This, in turn, makes the national debt level a national security issue.

The Bottom Line​

The national debt level is one of the most important public policy issues. When debt is used appropriately, it can be used to foster the long-term growth and prosperity of a country. However, the national debt must be evaluated in an appropriate manner, such as comparing the amount of interest expense paid to other governmental expenditures or by comparing debt levels on a per capita basis.
I have read all of that before abasically I don't disagree with it. Too much debt AT SOME POINT is a problem.

At what point? Nothing in any of that even tries to say at what point. Know why?

Because it's so far down the road...no one has any idea. Ya know what point it's NOT a problem?

A $370 B interest payment. And if we were any where NEAR that danger point...economists would not be shy about naming it.

BUT THEY HAVE NO IDEA...it's TOO FAR AWAY

So again. What is it that I don't understand?

I have read all of that before abasically I don't disagree with it. Too much debt AT SOME POINT is a problem.

At what point? Nothing in any of that even tries to say at what point. Know why?

Because it's so far down the road...no one has any idea. Ya know what point it's NOT a problem?

A $370 B interest payment. And if we were any where NEAR that danger point...economists would not be shy about naming it.

BUT THEY HAVE NO IDEA...it's TOO FAR AWAY

So again. What is it that I don't understand?
It isn't so far down the road. It is getting very close but by the time we react it will be way too late. That is what you don't understand.

Forum List

Back