3,027 or is it 3,035 or maybe 3,050? Deaths of Americans

Thanks Kathianne. I just wish that more people in the country, especially the ones that get put on TV felt that way. If they did, this war could have maybe already been over.

I know Im repeating myself, they died in Iraq because Islamic extremists want us dead and waging war against us.

I see very well the peaceful and industrious nature of the average Iraqi. Which is exactly why i supported liberating them from Saddam while you would have preferred they died as his hands. Which is why I want to see our troops defeat the Islamic extremists who are killing them now. Something youd rather see us abandon them to.

When you start supporting our efforts to protect and liberate those peaceful and industrious natured Iraqis, your attempts to use them as an emotional appeal might bear fruit. But as long as you continue to appeal to them while at the same time you support policies that would have kept them oppressed, butchered, and living in a state of fear, it does nothing for your argument except show the hypocrisy of it.

what did liberating peaceful and industrious Iraqis have to do with Islamic extremists wanting to kill us?

what did liberating peaceful and industrious Iraqis have to do with Islamic extremists wanting to kill us?

I think we've been down this road a number of times, but the idea of a stable Iraq was a great idea as lynchpin in the ME. Bad plans and worse execution have made it less likely than before. To me, the mistake was trying to establish 'democracy' on a people with no experience with self-government. Voting isn't the hard part.

I think we've been down this road a number of times, but the idea of a stable Iraq was a great idea as lynchpin in the ME. Bad plans and worse execution have made it less likely than before. To me, the mistake was trying to establish 'democracy' on a people with no experience with self-government. Voting isn't the hard part.

bingo.... IMHO, it is the heighty of arrogance to be completely ignorant about a culture and think you can waltz in and cram multicultural jeffersonian democracy down people's throats at the point of a gun and think they'll both accept it and thank you for it.

bingo.... IMHO, it is the heighty of arrogance to be completely ignorant about a culture and think you can waltz in and cram multicultural jeffersonian democracy down people's throats at the point of a gun and think they'll both accept it and thank you for it.

Though it remains a good idea, meaning a 'base' in ME. Iran is very dangerous, SA too. Syria would be an acceptable risk if Iran was out of the picture. And so forth.

Though it remains a good idea, meaning a 'base' in ME. Iran is very dangerous, SA too. Syria would be an acceptable risk if Iran was out of the picture. And so forth.

I dunno...that is kinda like saying, it remains a good idea to have a "base" here in this pit filled with scorpians, if only the pit wasn't filled with scorpians.

So it begs the question, are there more Islamic terrorists now than when he declared “Mission Accomplished”?

I don't think so, the flypaper deal seems to have worked in that regard. IF there are more, I think that could be the doing of Iran/Syria.

I dunno...that is kinda like saying, it remains a good idea to have a "base" here in this pit filled with scorpians, if only the pit wasn't filled with scorpians.

Perhaps, though very late in the game, I hope the change in tactics and leadership works.

Perhaps, though very late in the game, I hope the change in tactics and leadership works.

I am leery to put this on the uniformed leadership for a couple of reasons... not the least of which is that I have been a close personal friend of George Casey since 1981-82 when he and I served together as UN military observers. I think that the role of the military is to TRY to successfully complete the mission that the suits in DC give them. I don't think this is a mission that is realistically DO-able.

I am leery to put this on the uniformed leadership for a couple of reasons... not the least of which is that I have been a close personal friend of George Casey since 1981-82 when he and I served together as UN military observers. I think that the role of the military is to TRY to successfully complete the mission that the suits in DC give them. I don't think this is a mission that is realistically DO-able.

I hope you are wrong, I'm sure you do too!

I hope you are wrong, I'm sure you do too!

I would like nothing more than the surge to turn the tide. I really would.

However, I really believe that sunnis and shiites in Iraq are determined to "get it on" and they will do so with or without our presence. They will kill each other and keep doing so until they can no longer stomach it, and then they will figure out some way to partition that territory and be relatively peaceful, if not friendly neighbors.

They didnt die for the President's ego. They died because Islamic extremists want to wipe us off the face of the earth and they were willing to go stop it.

And they sure as heck didnt die so you could use them for your own petty political statements.

Yes islamic extremists exist, but they are a minority. They are fast becoming a majority due to the actions of the US.
Ignor them, and be moderate. they will go away.

Good one. NOT.

Perhaps their leaders should do SOMETHING.

The US removed the only affective leadership in iraq, and now the extreamist are the leaders, good one,NOT .
by the way, saying, NOT, at the end of a statement isn't somthing people do anymore. the outside world can be a big and confusing for some people. bless

The US removed the only affective leadership in iraq, and now the extreamist are the leaders, good one,NOT .

Yeah. Ok. Leaders, as in more than one. Comprehend much?
by the way, saying, NOT, at the end of a statement isn't somthing people do anymore. the outside world can be a big and confusing for some people. bless
Based on your posts, I would bet you're the expert on 'sheltered'.

Based on your posts, I would bet you're the expert on 'sheltered'.

sheltered, hum, ive just come back from D.jing to a club full of people, i work in a bar and im a succesfull promoter around brighton, uk. an yes I have a girl friend, and shes hot. so lets not go there.
I just have spare time.

the plan for Iraq has been a great success you follow the pnac document
which called for the invasion of Iraq ,the creation of civil war,dividing the country into three separate country's and setting up permanent military bases
within .then invade Syria and north Korea with the aid of nuclear ,chemical and biological weapons

Project for the New American Century (PNAC). "Lead the World to ...The main PNAC document is entitled:. Rebuilding America`s Defenses, Strategy, ... September 20, 2001 Letter of PNAC to President George W. Bush ...
www.globalresearch.ca/articles/NAC304A.html - 12k

Total, complete and unadulerated "follower mind-set" as predicted by Hitler himself. Screw You.

Psychoblues

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/libera.htm

This war was going to happen at some point. Bill Clinton may have invaded if his term wasn't almost up. I agree with a post earlier. I think the Bush Administrations biggest mistake was in predicting what would happen after the Sadam regime fell. Maybe if the Democrats would have helped come up with a plan back in 04, instead of going and bitching to the media; this could have been taken care of. Finally Bush has said enough is enough. Screw all of you. I asked everyone how to win. You have no recommendations but to leave. In his opinion, in the future even more Americans can be killed if another extremist regime takes over. I don't know why so many of you can't see that. Luckily we have someone in office that doesn't give a shit about the political game. He wants to accomplish something. Yes soldiers are dying. Would you rather it be 3200 now, or 40,000 in the future? Democrats began playing the anti-war card so they could win in 04. Now, after the November elections you have some Republicans going anti-war so they can win in 08. That's absurd! What needs to be done is victory. How in the hell can leaving Iraq benefit this country? It's been laid out how it can hurt us. Someone tell me how it will help our country if we leave.

Please tell me how it has hurt our country, as it certainly has, when we invaded? GHWB understood it all and I am convinced that he is privately ashamed that his n'er do well son ignored his very sound advise on this subject.

Psychoblues

Forum List

Back