21 States Sue Over Biden Executive Order Halting Keystone Pipeline

Legal Insurrection

“The power to regulate foreign and interstate commerce belongs to Congress – not the President. This is another example of Joe Biden overstepping his constitutional role …”

Posted by William A. Jacobson Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Excerpt:

I was wondering when someone would sue over Biden’s executive order halting construction of the Keystone Pipeline. That move has destroyed thousands of high-paying blue collar jobs, and together with other anti-energy moves, seriously damaged the nation’s energy independence.

(snip)

Republicans have nothing approaching the legal infrastructure to resist Biden that Democrats had to resist Trump. Instead, Republicans have to rely on state Attorney Generals, who have limited standing to sue. So it was a good sign when Republican Attorneys General sent a letter to the Biden administration threatening suit.

LINK

===========

Finally!
When did Congress approve the Keystone XL pipeline?

Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
Legal Insurrection

“The power to regulate foreign and interstate commerce belongs to Congress – not the President. This is another example of Joe Biden overstepping his constitutional role …”

Excerpt:

I was wondering when someone would sue over Biden’s executive order halting construction of the Keystone Pipeline. That move has destroyed thousands of high-paying blue collar jobs, and together with other anti-energy moves, seriously damaged the nation’s energy independence.

(snip)

Republicans have nothing approaching the legal infrastructure to resist Biden that Democrats had to resist Trump. Instead, Republicans have to rely on state Attorney Generals, who have limited standing to sue. So it was a good sign when Republican Attorneys General sent a letter to the Biden administration threatening suit.

LINK

===========

Finally!

If congress passed but Obama VETOED the bill in 2015, why did Biden use the EO to stop it?
LOL

The Trump administration is not the Congress.

Fail. Better luck next time.

Well golly that is what I said, but you as usual can't understand it.

I made it clear Congress voted for it, but Obama Vetoed it.

:auiqs.jpg:
You also said, "Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline."

That's no different than the Biden administration disapproves of Keystone XL pipeline.

As far as Congress, learn civics. Barring a Congressional override, a bill has to be approved by the president to become law.

Yes I did say that, but you still don't understand what THIS statements means:

The lawsuit is going to show why EO are overused and authoritarian.

Learn civics?

I was the one who originally stated these you dummy!

"If congress passed but Obama VETOED the bill in 2015, why did Biden use the EO to stop it?"

and,

"Well golly that is what I said, but you as usual can't understand it.

I made it clear Congress voted for it, but Obama Vetoed it."

:rolleyes:
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Of course the president has to approve it. Otherwise, it never becomes a law unless the Congress overrides the president's veto; which they didn't do for that bill. Are you new in America??

Article I, Section 7

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law.

You should stop posting on a political site given how ignorant you are regarding civics and politics.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!
great to see these states standing up the tyrant.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

If congress passed but Obama VETOED the bill in 2015, why did Biden use the EO to stop it?
LOL

That's no different than the Biden administration disapproves of Keystone XL pipeline.

As far as Congress, learn civics. Barring a Congressional override, a bill has to be approved by the president to become law.

Learn civics?

"If congress passed but Obama VETOED the bill in 2015, why did Biden use the EO to stop it?"

and,

The lawsuit is going to show that exactly how, when the bloody suit is moot? You folks keep disregarding that the pipeline is NOT American owned but a FOREIGN ENTITY! Their permit got revoked! End of story!

Not one word you wrote in the quote box directly above is relevant to that bogus suit. Biden's revocation of The Clown's EO was based on State Dept. findings and Article II powers pertaining to a President's foreign affairs powers ca. 2015. The Commerce clause of Article I and Congress has little to do with either. I posted the relevant Biden EO dated Jan 20, 2021 signed by the President with a link to the entire EO in post#15. Section 6 is the relevant portion. Now with a guide to the correct information, you can cease regurgitating false and misleading information.

Have a nice day!

We don't need to be India 2nd of importer of US oil, we knocked the SA to 4th place.
U.S. becomes India's second biggest oil supplier, Saudi plunges to No. 4 | Reuters

All it is doing it to make the oil companies get richer, all without the Keystone Pipeline.

Exactly. Red Joe needs us to buy our oil at high prices from his Middle East connections (10% to the "big guy", as always), and it then needs to be transported the massive distances via CO2-spewing ships, trains, and trucks. That's Joe Biden's energy policy.
He gets a cut

We don't need to be India 2nd of importer of US oil, we knocked the SA to 4th place.
U.S. becomes India's second biggest oil supplier, Saudi plunges to No. 4 | Reuters

All it is doing it to make the oil companies get richer, all without the Keystone Pipeline.

Your class warfare babble is long ago stale, besides that you seem to ignore Biden's illegal EO over it, how come?

Big oil profit margin is SMALLER than Walmart and McDonalds, how come you are not picking on them for being rich?

Canada invested billions into this pipeline too and they are ANGRY when that incompetant pussball shuts it down.

The Keystone XL would certainly benefit China.
How?

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

LOL

Learn civics?

and,

Of course the president has to approve it. Otherwise, it never becomes a law unless the Congress overrides the president's veto; which they didn't do for that bill. Are you new in America??

Article I, Section 7
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law.

You should stop posting on a political site given how ignorant you are regarding civics and politics.

I am convinced that you are mentally ill because several times now I made clear that the pipeline was never approved by congress, why is that so hard for you to understand?

Here are my statements you seem to have temporary blindness over:

1) "Well golly that is what I said, but you as usual can't understand it.

Both times I make it clear Congress and President combined doesn't approve the pipeline, do you finally get it?

2) If congress passed but Obama VETOED the bill in 2015, why did Biden use the EO to stop it?

Snicker....

Meanwhile you made this astonishingly idiotic statement:

"LOL

Fail. Better luck next time."

that was a reply to this:

The word Trump isn't there... It was year 2015 at the time, BEFORE Trump was elected for the White House.

Your stupidity is off the charts, and more evidence that you are mentally ill since you do this a lot.

Please go away, Surada is at least being coherent in his replies, you are just a fumbling mess.

Keystone XL pipeline is owned by TC Energy

From the liberal Environmentalist website NRDC

What is Keystone XL?
The Keystone XL pipeline extension, proposed by energy infrastructure company TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) in 2008, was designed to transport the planet’s dirtiest fossil fuel to market—fast. An expansion of the company’s existing Keystone Pipeline System, which has been operating since 2010 (and is already sending Canadian tar sands crude from Alberta to various processing hubs in the middle of the United States), it would dramatically increase capacity to process the 168 billion barrels of crude oil locked up under Canada’s boreal forest. To be precise, it would transport 830,000 barrels of Alberta tar sands oil per day to refineries on the Gulf Coast of Texas.

It is Canadian owned, NOT China.

When Obama Vetoed the bill that was passed by Congress in 2015, they went to using trains in 2019 to deliver the products in its place, thus stopped nothing and increased environmental danger due to the less reliable railroad shipping process, that is more polluting too. Biden can't stop the Railroads from transporting the oil from Canada anyway.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!
Every single thing President Joe does will be challenged in court by the RWNJ crybabies.

They will lose most of them.

Better get used to it.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!
Every single thing President Joe does will be challenged in court by the RWNJ crybabies.

Better get used to it.

You really misunderstood my post, I WANT this chronic problem to end badly for it to blow up in the stupid democrats faces. Their main reason for shutting it down is because they are afraid of the bogeyman CO2 molecule boy!

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

You really misunderstood my post, I WANT this chronic problem to end badly for it to blow up in the stupid democrats faces. Their main reason for shutting it down is because they are afraid of the bogeyman CO2 molecule boy!
I don't misunderstand, I'm.just warning you not to get too excited because you're gonna lose most of them.

Like this thing you're so worked up about? The keystone pipeline would bring oil from Canada. That's international commerce, not interstate.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

I don't misunderstand, I'm.just warning you not to get too excited because you're gonna lose most of them.

Like this thing you're so worked up about? The keystone pipeline would bring oil from Canada. That's international commerce, not interstate.

Yeah by Railroad a lot riskier way to transport the oil, but you still don't understand that the 21 states lawsuit is going to expose the feckless democrats claims that they do it for the environment when they really do it for something else entirely , something Democrats will never realize until it will be too late.

The Pipeline a way better way to transport the products over Trains, but democrat's don't give a shit.

Last edited:
Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

LOL

Learn civics?

and,

Article I, Section 7

I am convinced that you are mentally ill because several times now I made clear that the pipeline was never approved by congress, why is that so hard for you to understand?

Here are my statements you seem to have temporary blindness over:

1) "Well golly that is what I said, but you as usual can't understand it.

Both times I make it clear Congress and President combined doesn't approve the pipeline, do you finally get it?

2) If congress passed but Obama VETOED the bill in 2015, why did Biden use the EO to stop it?

Snicker....

"LOL

The word Trump isn't there... It was year 2015 at the time, BEFORE Trump was elected for the White House.

Your stupidity is off the charts, and more evidence that you are mentally ill since you do this a lot.

Please go away, Surada is at least being coherent in his replies, you are just a fumbling mess.
This dude is a shill from Langley that has penetrated this site,you are wasting your breath.

Your class warfare babble is long ago stale, besides that you seem to ignore Biden's illegal EO over it, how come?

Big oil profit margin is SMALLER than Walmart and McDonalds, how come you are not picking on them for being rich?

Canada invested billions into this pipeline too and they are ANGRY when that incompetant pussball shuts it down.

Bullshit.

China's goal is for the oil to be pumped through an alterative pipeline that goes from Alberta to the west coast of British Columbia to be shipped on tankers to China. And ordering Biden to shut down work on the Keystone XL pipeline is Xi's first step to achieving that goal.

I am convinced that you are mentally ill...
Nah, you're projecting. Want proof...?

I made it clear Congress voted for it
I made clear that the pipeline was never approved by congress,

[emphasis, yours]

So did Congress approve of it or didn't Congress approve of it?

Moron, you idiotically claimed the president's approval wasn't needed to build the pipeline. :cuckoo:

Because Trump signed an executive order to approve it. Don't you find it odd you claim Biden overstepped his authority by signing that executive order but you don't seem to care that Trump did the same?

"LOL

No, moron, that was in response to this idiocy...

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

Yeah by Railroad a lot riskier way to transport the oil, but you still don't understand that the 21 states lawsuit is going to expose the feckless democrats claims that they do it for the environment when they really do it for something else entirely , something Democrats will never realize until it will be too late.

The Pipeline a way better way to transport the products over Trains, but democrat's don't give a shit.
Umm, Biden doesn't need an excuse. He just needed a pen...

biden-eo.png

Evidence please, Canada thought it would benefit them and USA, but what do you have?

China owns a huge percentage of Canadian tar sands. Keystone XL would get that corrosive sludge to the Free Trade zone to be refined and shipped abroad.. NO taxes in the US.

So Tramp was helping China out, and Biden isn't.
CNOOC Petroleum North America ULC - Wikipedia

Evidence please, Canada thought it would benefit them and USA, but what do you have?

China owns a huge percentage of Canadian tar sands. Keystone XL would get that corrosive sludge to the Free Trade zone to be refined and shipped abroad.. NO taxes in the US.

So Tramp was helping China out, and Biden isn't.
CNOOC Petroleum North America ULC - Wikipedia

Trump probably didn't know.. He always shot from the hip and said he was his own best advisor.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

It's not going to expose anything except their lack of standing for filing it.

Forum List

Back