21 States Sue Over Biden Executive Order Halting Keystone Pipeline

Legal Insurrection

“The power to regulate foreign and interstate commerce belongs to Congress – not the President. This is another example of Joe Biden overstepping his constitutional role …”

Posted by William A. Jacobson Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Excerpt:

I was wondering when someone would sue over Biden’s executive order halting construction of the Keystone Pipeline. That move has destroyed thousands of high-paying blue collar jobs, and together with other anti-energy moves, seriously damaged the nation’s energy independence.

(snip)

Republicans have nothing approaching the legal infrastructure to resist Biden that Democrats had to resist Trump. Instead, Republicans have to rely on state Attorney Generals, who have limited standing to sue. So it was a good sign when Republican Attorneys General sent a letter to the Biden administration threatening suit.

LINK

===========

Finally!
Every single thing President Joe does will be challenged in court by the RWNJ crybabies.

They will lose most of them.

Better get used to it.

You really misunderstood my post, I WANT this chronic problem to end badly for it to blow up in the stupid democrats faces. Their main reason for shutting it down is because they are afraid of the bogeyman CO2 molecule boy!
I don't misunderstand, I'm.just warning you not to get too excited because you're gonna lose most of them.

Like this thing you're so worked up about? The keystone pipeline would bring oil from Canada. That's international commerce, not interstate.

Yeah by Railroad a lot riskier way to transport the oil, but you still don't understand that the 21 states lawsuit is going to expose the feckless democrats claims that they do it for the environment when they really do it for something else entirely , something Democrats will never realize until it will be too late.

The Pipeline a way better way to transport the products over Trains, but democrat's don't give a shit.
It's not going to expose anything except their lack of standing for filing it.

:rolleyes:

sigh,

It is clear you haven't read the lawsuit and the Congressional history behind it.

Meanwhile you have no idea why the Lawsuit is badly needed, it is to focus on something that is badly needed, something you have yet to be aware of. It is something democrats are badly ignorant of.

Legal Insurrection

“The power to regulate foreign and interstate commerce belongs to Congress – not the President. This is another example of Joe Biden overstepping his constitutional role …”

Excerpt:

I was wondering when someone would sue over Biden’s executive order halting construction of the Keystone Pipeline. That move has destroyed thousands of high-paying blue collar jobs, and together with other anti-energy moves, seriously damaged the nation’s energy independence.

(snip)

Republicans have nothing approaching the legal infrastructure to resist Biden that Democrats had to resist Trump. Instead, Republicans have to rely on state Attorney Generals, who have limited standing to sue. So it was a good sign when Republican Attorneys General sent a letter to the Biden administration threatening suit.

LINK

===========

Finally!
Every single thing President Joe does will be challenged in court by the RWNJ crybabies.

Better get used to it.

You really misunderstood my post, I WANT this chronic problem to end badly for it to blow up in the stupid democrats faces. Their main reason for shutting it down is because they are afraid of the bogeyman CO2 molecule boy!
I don't misunderstand, I'm.just warning you not to get too excited because you're gonna lose most of them.

Like this thing you're so worked up about? The keystone pipeline would bring oil from Canada. That's international commerce, not interstate.

Yeah by Railroad a lot riskier way to transport the oil, but you still don't understand that the 21 states lawsuit is going to expose the feckless democrats claims that they do it for the environment when they really do it for something else entirely , something Democrats will never realize until it will be too late.

The Pipeline a way better way to transport the products over Trains, but democrat's don't give a shit.

sigh,

It is clear you haven't read the lawsuit and the Congressional history behind it.

Meanwhile you have no idea why the Lawsuit is badly needed, it is to focus on something that is badly needed, something you have yet to be aware of. It is something democrats are badly ignorant of.
I have, and it's not "badly needed". Let Canada run that potential disaster across their own country.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

Umm, Biden doesn't need an excuse. He just needed a pen...

View attachment 469563

God you are indeed very fucked up, no wonder so many here think you are paid to be this stupid.

I am not talking about his fucking pen, it about how the whole issue is so poorly handled for years, the lawsuit might finally open peoples eyes on what is really going on.

It is something you have yet shown you are aware of, I gave you hints, it flew over your head.

Congress strongly approved the Pipeline plan in 2015, EPA Impact statement supported the construction as long as it followed the laws.

Obama VETOED it on idiotic grounds of Global Warming effects. Therefore many are not happy with the whole mess since the reasoning behind it was idiotic. there already 100,000 miles of pipelines in existence, but golly just 1.000 more miles to add is horrible.

That is why the lawsuit is needed, it is to expose the far left idiocy for stopping it.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

sigh,

I have, and it's not "badly needed". Let Canada run that potential disaster across their own country.

Keystone XL was a boondoggle in 2011.. Same old scam.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

sigh,

You are so ignorant here since the oil is now being shipped by rail across America, why do you think TC Energy is trying to get the pipeline to the Gulf states?

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

View attachment 469563

God you are indeed very fucked up, no wonder so many here think you are paid to be this stupid.

I am not talking about his fucking pen, it about how the whole issue is so poorly handled for years, the lawsuit might finally open peoples eyes on what is really going on.

It is something you have yet shown you are aware of, I gave you hints, it flew over your head.

Congress strongly approved the Pipeline plan in 2015, EPA Impact statement supported the construction as long as it followed the laws.

Obama VETOED it on idiotic grounds of Global Warming effects. Therefore many are not happy with the whole mess since the reasoning behind it was idiotic. there already 100,000 miles of pipelines in existence, but golly just 1.000 more miles to add is horrible.

That is why the lawsuit is needed, it is to expose the far left idiocy for stopping it.

This is a tax dodge for Canada and the Chinese owners of their tar sands. TranCanada already has unused pipeline capacity all over the Mid West.

It was a stupid proposal in 2011 and its still a stupid proposal. Whose fault is it that Americans are so stupid?

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

sigh,

You are so ignorant here since the oil is now being shipped by rail across America, why do you think TC Energy is trying to get the pipeline to the Gulf states?

To get the corrosive tar sands to the Free Trade Zone.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

He just needed a command from Xi.

a FOREIGN ENTITY! Their permit got revoked! End of story
Link
a FOREIGN ENTITY! Their permit got revoked! End of story
Link
If you were capable of reading the entire post that snip is from, you could have gotten it figured out or your dumb ass could view post #15 and follow the trail of bread crumbs to the end.
well thanks, that's what I asked for.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

View attachment 469563

LOL

You are completely brain-dead. What Congress did in 2015 is irrelevant. Their bill was thrown in the trash. So who knows why you keep referring to it?

Again, the only reason the Keystone XL pipeline was under construction last year was because Trump signed an executive order allowing them to proceed. Just like Biden signed an executive order to halt it. You're literally claiming Trump's EO was legal but Biden's was not, which is beyond retarded. And for some unknown reason, you seem to think Trump's was legal because Congress wanted that back in 2015 even though the bill died.

For the sake of the lawyers fighting Biden on this, I hope they can do better than you because your argument is nuts.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

sigh,

from what I read, pedo joe mentioned the 2015 language in his EO. Not sure that was so smart, that is the evidence required to win the lawsuit.

We don't need to be India 2nd of importer of US oil, we knocked the SA to 4th place.
U.S. becomes India's second biggest oil supplier, Saudi plunges to No. 4 | Reuters

All it is doing it to make the oil companies get richer, all without the Keystone Pipeline.

Exactly. Red Joe needs us to buy our oil at high prices from his Middle East connections (10% to the "big guy", as always), and it then needs to be transported the massive distances via CO2-spewing ships, trains, and trucks. That's Joe Biden's energy policy.
He gets a cut

Yes, 10% to the "big guy". We all saw Hunter's emails about this.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.
I hope so, just like all of trump's were challenged. funny huh?

Keystone has NOTHING to do with Iran. Its a money maker for Alberta and the Chinese.

Keystone provides oil on the the market and is competition to Iran, which is in dire straights after the Trump sanctions (which Xi's man lifted).

What does Keystone have to do with China?

I'll take "not a damned thing" for $400, Alex...

Iran has NO refinery capacity.. Venezuela refines most of Iran's crude.

TransCanada Agree Deal with PetroChina to Build $3 Billion ...
Oct 30, 2012 · TransCanada Corp., the company behind the Keystone XL pipeline and Canada’s largest pipeline company, has agreed a deal with Phoenix Energy Holdings Ltd., a unit of PetroChina …

Is Canadian Oil Bound for China Via Pipeline to Texas?
Aug 21, 2011 · In a global economy, sending more Canadian oil to Texas could be a modern silk route, a “Tar Sands Road” to China, economist says. ... TransCanada told Canadian regulators.

Venezuela can't refine what it produces. When they nationalized the oil production it dropped almost 85%. Iran can't get anything refined there.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

sigh,

from what I read, pedo joe mentioned the 2015 language in his EO. Not sure that was so smart, that is the evidence required to win the lawsuit.

Yes Obama VETOED the 2015 bill, there is no dispute here. The problem is that the veto overturned a strong bipartisan bill that even the Unions strongly supported.

The reasoning behind the Veto was nonsense, that is why this is a festering problem, when you have no compelling reason to veto it while it enjoyed a lot of support for passage and passed the EPA review.

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

sigh,

Yes, it mentions, "In 2015, following an exhaustive review, the Department of State and the President determined that approving the proposed Keystone XL pipeline would not serve the U.S. national interest."

Legal Insurrection

Excerpt:

(snip)

LINK

===========

Finally!

Better get used to it.

sigh,

Yes Obama VETOED the 2015 bill, there is no dispute here. The problem is that the veto overturned a strong bipartisan bill that even the Unions strongly supported.

The reasoning behind the Veto was nonsense, that is why this is a festering problem, when you have no compelling reason to veto it while it enjoyed a lot of support for passage and passed the EPA review.
You're an idiot. It doesn't matter why Obama vetoed it. It doesn't matter who supported it. It doesn't matter it had Congressional support. The bill was killed. Trump, as president, had the authority through executive action to allow the Keystone XL pipeline to be built. Exactly the same authority vested in Biden allows him to halt it.

BTW, I'm still waiting on an explanation on why a pipe is bad for the environment over trucks and trains?

Keystone has NOTHING to do with Iran. Its a money maker for Alberta and the Chinese.

Keystone provides oil on the the market and is competition to Iran, which is in dire straights after the Trump sanctions (which Xi's man lifted).

What does Keystone have to do with China?

I'll take "not a damned thing" for $400, Alex...

Iran has NO refinery capacity.. Venezuela refines most of Iran's crude.

TransCanada Agree Deal with PetroChina to Build $3 Billion ...
Oct 30, 2012 · TransCanada Corp., the company behind the Keystone XL pipeline and Canada’s largest pipeline company, has agreed a deal with Phoenix Energy Holdings Ltd., a unit of PetroChina …

Is Canadian Oil Bound for China Via Pipeline to Texas?
Aug 21, 2011 · In a global economy, sending more Canadian oil to Texas could be a modern silk route, a “Tar Sands Road” to China, economist says. ... TransCanada told Canadian regulators.

Venezuela can't refine what it produces. When they nationalized the oil production it dropped almost 85%. Iran can't get anything refined there.

During Trump's admin he was seizing Iranian oil tankers bound for refineries in VZ.

Timeline: Iranian Fuel Shipments to Venezuela | The Iran ...
Dec 21, 2020 · October 9: An Iranian-flagged oil tanker, the Master Honey, left Venezuela with 1.9 million barrels of heavy crude oil. The tanker was headed for the Persian Gulf, Reuters reported . On October 29: the United States announced that it had sold and delivered the 1.1 million barrels of Iranian petroleum seized in August.

Iranian Oil Taker Docks in Venezuela, Defying US Sanctions ...
A Venezuelan oil worker holding a small Iranian flag attends a ceremony for the arrival of Iranian oil tanker Fortune at the El Palito refinery near Puerto Cabello, Venezuela, May 25, 2020. The...

Forum List

Back