2023 State of the Union Address

Rick Scott:

Mitch McConnell:

Leadership qualities? She lied for Trump. I changed the channel. Her voice is like chalk going up a blackboard backwards, and she lies.
So you admit you are not open to any and all ideas and without hearing the otherside you condemn it, very tolerant of you.

the topic was the Brandon misstatement of the union.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding "the union" ---- I believe it is strong. As Biden affirmed.
Political polarization makes it appear less than, but......

....but 'strong' compared to what?

We have the world's leading economy.
Our labor markets are strong.
Our housing markets are strong.
Our equities markets are strong.
We have high quality education and medical care.
Our military is the most formidable in the world.
Our agricultural sector overall is thriving.
As is our manufacturing.
And American technology has made living a life much easier.....both in reducing grunt labor, and elementary brute administering (bureaucracy & communication).
Our legal system is admired by much of the world.

And, not unimportantly, thousands...likely millions....of people from other nations want to come to America for the American Dream, for the opportunity to work, to succeed, to support their families. THAT alone.....is a testament to a level of American strength. IMHO

And then, narrowing the focus down to my little soda-straw view of the USA: Life is great (knock on wood). It is now --- what we worked so hard for, for all those years. We earned it, we sincerely believe. But we also very grateful for it. And are humbled for it.

America has never been more interesting than now.
(well, the Civil War period must have been riveting too, but then, communications weren't as good as now. And, honestly, I'm old but don't remember that period real well. ;) )

--------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding "the union" ---- I believe it is strong. As Biden affirmed.
Political polarization makes it appear less than, but......

....but 'strong' compared to what?

We have the world's leading economy.
Our labor markets are strong.
Our housing markets are strong.
Our equities markets are strong.
We have high quality education and medical care.
Our military is the most formidable in the world.
Our agricultural sector overall is thriving.
As is our manufacturing.
And American technology has made living a life much easier.....both in reducing grunt labor, and elementary brute administering (bureaucracy & communication).
Our legal system is admired by much of the world.

And, not unimportantly, thousands...likely millions....of people from other nations want to come to America for the American Dream, for the opportunity to work, to succeed, to support their families. THAT alone.....is a testament to a level of American strength. IMHO

And then, narrowing the focus down to my little soda-straw view of the USA: Life is great (knock on wood). It is now --- what we worked so hard for, for all those years. We earned it, we sincerely believe. But we also very grateful for it. And are humbled for it.

America has never been more interesting than now.
(well, the Civil War period must have been riveting too, but then, communications weren't as good as now. And, honestly, I'm old but don't remember that period real well. ;) )
Gee, I heard Republicans claim that a couple years ago and then Democrats disagreed, it is only true when the party of choice is in power, then the other side bitches.

"Gee, I heard Republicans claim that a couple years ago and then Democrats disagreed, it is only true when the party of choice is in power, then the other side bitches."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, to be very direct with all who are reading this thread: Our life has been good during both Republican and Democrat administrations. That's true at the Federal level, the State level, and City level. All of those jurisdictions have gone back n' forth. (the county our farm is in has been deep red Republican since Christ was a corporal. It is a well run county, and I like the county officials and department that I often work with.... commisioners, sheriff, roads, drains, building dpt., township super & clerk, etc.). We haven't always agreed on one issue or another....but I never doubted their sincerity, and well-meaning.

So there is that.

No one has proposed banning reproductive health care.

Idiots.
This is a fact. No one has proposed eliminating reproductive health care. I have seen people attempt to promote and encourage reproduction and the associated healthcare though.

U.S. Senate Republicans Introduce Nationwide Abortion Ban: ‘This Once-Hypothetical Nightmare Is Here’​

Abortion is the opposite of reproductive healthcare. Abortion is anti-reproduction.

Besides. No one that I know of has proposed a full ban on abortion.

Forum List

Back