2023 MLB season

Apparently, I miss read one of the state. The Astros and the Orioles have only face each other a few times this year . But nevertheless the Orioles beat the Astros last night in a incredible game. They were down 7-5 in the top of the ninth ending with one out and Cedric Mullins hit a three run home run to give them the lead. Ryan, O’Hearn who batted under 200 with the Royals had five hits last night and he’s batting over 300 with the Orioles.

Many people are frustrated that José Altuve is still allowed in baseball along with some of the other Astros players that were part of the cheating scandal. But it is what it is. It just makes it all the better that Baltimore is quite a few games(10) of the Astros when it to comes to the AL pennant race.

The Atlanta Braves only have two more wins compared to the Baltimore Orioles. It is possible Baltimore will have the most wins in baseball this year.

Some people are greatly exaggerating the Atlanta Braves. You know what if they were 15 games ahead of the Orioles OK I get it but they’re only two games ahead of them.
Yeah hard to believe with them just two games better than the O's people are proclaiming them already as the best team in baseball. would be all the more sweeter if they could knock them off and win it all. having one of the small market teams knock off the big market bullies like the braves and dodgers.

No surprising about that astros player being allowed to still play,look at how corrupt the NFL is how Belicheat and Kraft are still allowed to remain coach and owner.professional sports are corrupt to the core.

Nothing on the Astros was ever proven to me? Accusations don't cut it. They all cheat. But then again, maybe I missed it?
The allegation is the Astros were using technology other teams weren’t to steal signs from opposing players

The whole thing resulted in their manager being fired. Now compare that to the Patriot scandal where Bill Belichick was still allowed on the team. It seems the Astros scandal was more serious compared to the Patriots

I agree the Tampa Bay rays are a great baseball team. Well, let’s not forget the Orioles have also lost Felix Bautista, so that goes both ways. Even if the rays still had wander Franco, they might not match up as well against the orioles as we think.
Yeah The Rays are a small market team so I would be happy if they made it to the series as well. a few years ago when they beat BOTH those asswipe big market teams the yankees and Astros,That was special,just wish they could do that EVERY year.

I would rather than the O's go all the way to the series this year sense tampa bay was there a couple years ago but I would be happy with Tampa going as well,I like them as well them also being a small market team. :thup: I like both teams.

Last edited:
I agree the Tampa Bay rays are a great baseball team. Well, let’s not forget the Orioles have also lost Felix Bautista, so that goes both ways. Even if the rays still had wander Franco, they might not match up as well against the orioles as we think.

My wife and I have watched almost every Ray's game. Even went to a couple.

To me that July sump that took them out of first place was caused by pitching injuries. They just gave up too many runs.

Losing Shane McCalanahan really hurt.

To me that July sump that took them out of first place was caused by pitching injuries. They just gave up too many runs.

Those are good points. That being said that the rays still have an outstanding bullpen. Guys like Colin Pouche and Fairbanks are difficult to match up against

The allegation is the Astros were using technology other teams weren’t to steal signs from opposing players

The whole thing resulted in their manager being fired. Now compare that to the Patriot scandal where Bill Belichick was still allowed on the team. It seems the Astros scandal was more serious compared to the Patriots
:thankusmile:
Every bit as series anyways. what do you mean scandal? try SCANDALS.the cheatriots have had MULTIPLE ones. Belicheat if he did that in college he would be kicked out of the program.the NFL is so corrupt though he gets off scott free.Its so obvious Goddel has his head up robert krafts ass.

The Astros have learned from the cheatriots how to cheat to be great.

I wish buffalo had a professional baseball team. The Buffalo bisons a AAA baseball team, has the largest minor League stadium in North America.

I was happy that the Toronto Blue Jays play a few games here in Buffalo during the lockdown’s. I went to one sat front row, but was very upset to see that now there’s a net that stretches all the way from the dugout to the foul pole line . Back in the day you had to bring your mitt and be ready for a foul ball. I disagree with having a net go all the way down to the third baseline. I mean people are not banning folks from driving cars just because there’s car accidents.

I get why there are safety nets in the stadiums. But the bottom line is people used to go to games with their baseball mitts ready to catch a foul ball.

I’ve been to about seven or eight major league baseball stadiums. My highlight was before the steroid scandal broke out, i was a kid and Sammy Sosa was coming back from the outfield during a Pirates Cubs game in Pittsburgh …. He tossed me a ball. was pretty cool.

Those are good points. That being said that the rays still have an outstanding bullpen. Guys like Colin Pouche and Fairbanks are difficult to match up against

Their best pitcher now is Tyler Gaslnow. When that boy is on he is great and he is on most of the time. However, occasionally he bombs out. Like in the game with the Orioles. He couldn't do anything right. If he had a normal game I think Tampa would have taken 3 out of 4 from the Os.

Also, the last game against the Os Tampa had several chances to win it. They were one strike away in two innings. Of course "what ifs" don't win games but Tampa could have very well swept all four games of the series from the Os.

We will see how it all plays out. It has been a hoot watching Randy Arozarana. That guy is quite the showman.

I wish buffalo had a professional baseball team. The Buffalo bisons a AAA baseball team, has the largest minor League stadium in North America.

I was happy that the Toronto Blue Jays play a few games here in Buffalo during the lockdown’s. I went to one sat front row, but was very upset to see that now there’s a net that stretches all the way from the dugout to the foul pole line . Back in the day you had to bring your mitt and be ready for a foul ball. I disagree with having a net go all the way down to the third baseline. I mean people are not banning folks from driving cars just because there’s car accidents.

I get why there are safety nets in the stadiums. But the bottom line is people used to go to games with their baseball mitts ready to catch a foul ball.

I’ve been to about seven or eight major league baseball stadiums. My highlight was before the steroid scandal broke out, i was a kid and Sammy Sosa was coming back from the outfield during a Pirates Cubs game in Pittsburgh …. He tossed me a ball. was pretty cool.

People were bringing babies and playing on phones. Line drives can be there in milliseconds. I don't know. I went to some minor league games w/o nets and I was uncomfortable the whole game with a large group of kids two rows up not paying attention. The Batter seemed to be 50 yards away? The Parents of the kids sat on the OF side of the kids.........the smallest closest to Home Plate.

I understand the odds.....it it was only for adults. Then the lawyers. Lawyers kill countries. Almost every DEMWitted loon and most R in Congress are a failed lawyer.//

I understood the "Allegations" to be a buzzer on the chest to a laptop based on a stolen sign. If that was true I would agree they need to find a way to stop it. But I was shown nothing other than talk. Banging on a trash can? like cave man. Is that illegal too?

Up to the other team to stop it. If you think a guy is stealing signs? Simple. Call low and away Curve ball......Go up and in with 100mph. That will stop it.

Same with the shift......up to the hitter to force them out of the shift. Defense rests.

People were bringing babies and playing on phones. Line drives can be there in milliseconds. I don't know. I went to some minor league games w/o nets and I was uncomfortable the whole game with a large group of kids two rows up not paying attention. The Batter seemed to be 50 yards away? The Parents of the kids sat on the OF side of the kids.........the smallest closest to Home Plate.

I understand the odds.....it it was only for adults. Then the lawyers. Lawyers kill countries. Almost every DEMWitted loon and most R in Congress are a failed lawyer.//
There was an article I read from 2009 saying that in 150 years of baseball one fan has been killed by a foul ball

But of course, many of these games were played before the age of the cell phone. So back in those days people were not as distracted as they might be today. Frankly, if somebody is sitting in a stadium, staring at the phone the whole time, we gotta ask ourselves why are they at the game in the first place?

Agreed with the point about lawyers

Don't count out Tampa Bay.

They would be in first place over the Os if they hadn't lost their best hitter to the scandal and had several pitching injuries that led to a three week July slump.

They split the series with the Os last weekend and will be the wild card so they will get another chance at the Os in the playoffs.
I am like both teams but I am pulling for the O's,they have not been to the series sense 1983 and tampa was there just a few years ago so its their turn. I want to O's to win it all but Tampa would be my second choice i would want to see to go there and win it all if the O's dont the fact they are both small market teams.either way whoever get to the series i will be happy.

would like to see a small market team from the NL like the brewers make it sense one of the small market teams would have to win it all but that wont happen obviously.

I am like both teams but I am pulling for the O's,they have not been to the series sense 1983 and tampa was there just a few years ago so its their turn. I want to O's to win it all but Tampa would be my second choice i would want to see to go there and win it all if the O's dont the fact they are both small market teams.either way whoever get to the series i will be happy.

would like to see a small market team from the NL like the brewers make it sense one of the small market teams would have to win it all but that wont happen obviously.

Yes. I used to go only for NL teams period......since the stupid DH was in the AL. Along with DH...comes less strategy. The MGR does not have to use his whole roster wisely. So my go-to team when Cardinals turned to crap is MIL. But with the DH, BALT and TB are equally likeable.

I used to like it in a 1-1 mid-inning game when a team gets a few runners on and the pitcher is coming up.....the MGR has to decide....it it time? Do I bunt ahead of the picther? What if it was not even the 5th? Do you use your bullets now?
How is our BP? who is healthy? Will we get another shot at it when they bring in the 7th-8th-9th guys (remember the NASTY BOYS).

This situation is just one example where the NL game was loaded with strategy. The camera would pan the dugout.....Garigiola sayhing, "oh look....there is Oquendo.....no they need some who can hit it out". Jack Clark is down there heading for the tunnel carrying a bat, interesting.

Last edited:
I used to like it in a 1-1 mid-inning game when a team gets a few runners on and the pitcher is coming up.....the MGR has to decide....it it time? Do I bunt ahead of the picther? What if it was not even the 5th? Do you use your bullets now?
How is our BP? who is healthy? Will we get another shot at it when they bring in the 7th-8th-9th guys (remember the NASTY BOYS).

This situation is just one example where the NL game was loaded with strategy. The camera would pan the dugout.....Garigiola sayhing, "oh look....there is Oquendo.....no they need some who can hit it out". Jack Clark is down there heading for the tunnel carrying a bat, interesting.
I would like to see major league baseball do away with the designated hitter … to your point._

It creates more strategic game. But Rob Manfred has already said he wants “more action” in the game so that’s why they’ve put a 30 second clock on the pitcher, why they have introduced a DH to the national League. .

The MLB advertisers the new rules as trying to entice more fans because the games are quicker.

MLB can also lose fans by irritating their traditionalist though.

I remember back when you had good pitcher hitters like Kerry Wood. That made the game all the more interesting.

There was an article I read from 2009 saying that in 150 years of baseball one fan has been killed by a foul ball

But of course, many of these games were played before the age of the cell phone. So back in those days people were not as distracted as they might be today. Frankly, if somebody is sitting in a stadium, staring at the phone the whole time, we gotta ask ourselves why are they at the game in the first place?

Agreed with the point about lawyers
It is always disgusting to be watching a game on TV and see the camera sweep the fans and see many of them on their cell phones.

Yes. I used to go only for NL teams period......since the stupid DH was in the AL. Along with DH...comes less strategy. The MGR does not have to use his whole roster wisely. So my go-to team when Cardinals turned to crap is MIL. But with the DH, BALT and TB are equally likeable.
First they ruin the sport with free agency now the DH. my two favorite sports have been ruined by both the players and owners. I used to watch the world series every year until the mid 90's when free agency made it impossible for the small market teams to have just as much a shot at the world series as anybody going into the season so only if it is a certain team will i watch the playoffs or world series,same with football only if a certain team is in the superbowl will i watch it where every year in the past i always did and you already know my reason for why on that so i dont need to go into details there.

I also feel the owners ruined the game with that stupid 3 way wildcard.Baseball was the one sport that did it right,win the division and the rest of the teams have to go home.:thup: now you send the message its okay to come in second place.:mad: I have hated MLB baseball ever sense.

I agree the owners have fucked the game with the DH.all the more reason why i hate baseball now even more so than before. GET RID OF IT a year ago or so i watching the playoffs of the astros and phills from 1980,The good old days when baseball was fun to watch and i never missed a world series. That game went to like 15 innings and the announcer was saying this is WHY I dont like the DH because now that we are into extra innings strategy comes into place.with the DH you lose that strategy by the managers coming into play here.

I am a little different on the DH as you are.I take it you dont want the DH in baseball at all?

If so thats where i differ from you.I always liked it the way they had it with one league having it and the other team NOT having the DH.

Because of the DH it extended the career of hal mcrae.He had a serious leg injury while playing for the Reds and was able to come over here to kansas city and extend his career because of the DH.he made the DH an artform. Him and Harold baines are the two that come to mind immediately as the prototype DH that made it into an artform. I thought that was about the only time the owners did something right was changing it where in the world series having the DH in the American league but the pitcher hit the NL.

I pretty much have boycotted baseball because of the DH being implemented in BOTH leagues now.fuck baseball and fuck the NFL.

IF they were gong to have BOTH leagues play under the same rules,If i had to choose i would rather it be the way they were talking about back in the mid 90;s when they were talking about getting rid of the DH. I did not like that idea and i was glad they did not but now i wish they had,,if they are going to have both leagues play under the same rules,then at LEAST stick to tradition and get rid of the fucking DH.:mad:

i hate MLB baseball now even more so that i already did.

I would like to see major league baseball do away with the designated hitter … to your point._

It creates more strategic game. But Rob Manfred has already said he wants “more action” in the game so that’s why they’ve put a 30 second clock on the pitcher, why they have introduced a DH to the national League. .

The MLB advertisers the new rules as trying to entice more fans because the games are quicker.

MLB can also lose fans by irritating their traditionalist though.

I remember back when you had good pitcher hitters like Kerry Wood. That made the game all the more interesting.

They lost me as a fan a long time ago by implementing that stupid 3 way wild card race,baseball was the ONE sport that did it right,win the division and the rest stay home.

Thats why i hate it that both leagues have the DH now.:mad: the strategic outcome does not come into play anymore. That was the perfect way to please ALL baseball fans.have one league have it,the other dont have it.The people who are in favor of the DH like myself AS LONG AS BOTH LEAGUES DONT HAVE IT I AM FAVOR OF IT,the people like me who like the DH get their wish,while the people that hate it get their wish as well. Now you have pissed off the traditionalists like myself and they are losing fans.

as i said,if they are going to change it so that both leagues play under the same rules then at LEAST dont piss off the purists by keeping the DH.at least respect tradition,fuck the MLB.

I am always in a rush posting (working). I post when I get a break. Something is loading causing me to wait. I should stop. I rush and my posts are not as good as your posts.
Until weekends. I will try to read mostly.

I am always in a rush posting (working). I post when I get a break. Something is loading causing me to wait. I should stop. I rush and my posts are not as good as your posts.
Until weekends. I will try to read mostly.
I get it, I often deal with the same issue.

Forum List

Back