2019 top ten most expensive states to live in.....and the winner is.............

That helps to explain California’s homeless problem. Too expensive maybe to afford a place to live.

I think you have it backwards. It costs more to live in California because of all the homeless they are taking care of.

Homeless go to California because they are welcome there- Cal's reputation is that they have a lot of rich people there with a lot of change to spare..

83% of the homeless in California are from California. They are driving their own into homelessness.

I did not realize that , thank you.

I saw this on TV, and was given a different impression.

That helps to explain California’s homeless problem. Too expensive maybe to afford a place to live.

I think you have it backwards. It costs more to live in California because of all the homeless they are taking care of.

Homeless go to California because they are welcome there- Cal's reputation is that they have a lot of rich people there with a lot of change to spare..

83% of the homeless in California are from California. They are driving their own into homelessness.
There is a good percentage of homeless out there that can afford a house. I am looking at an order to appraise a hospital out there. Today I can get internet in my RV, I litterally have a moving office where I can accomplish every thing rright out the car, suv, or rv. That appraisal would take a year or two dependant if I accept it. I would just stay in my rv and avoid the cost of an appartment or home if I were to accept the order. One could easily do this in a van or suv. If all you do is work and sleep, why spend the money on a house. My divorce will be finale in december. All my property will be sold soon. I have spent way more time in my camper this year than my condo. I have not even looked at the inside of my home in three years. I may not buy another property for a few years. All I do at my camper is sleep, the rest the time I am working or running around why have the expense? I will likely have a peice of land and a pole barn for my toys but no house for the next few years. Hell I might even be done appraising, I started a fishing charter buisness where I get paid to do what I use to pay to do. That may be all I do till the rest home. If that is the case I likely will spend all my time on a boat or in an RV. I do this in Ohio where the weather sucks, california would be much easier as it is always warm and never rains.

No surprise, except for Alaska which has an excuse due to pretty much all goods needing to be shipped in, all deep blue states. California most expensive in the lower 48. Such a shock.

America's 10 most expensive states to live in 2019

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
Gee, they're almost ALL run by the Dim Dems. What a surprise.
They are all democrat states

RILLY.

Diga me Tonto ---- what in the fuck is a "democrat state"?

Oh this oughta be precious. :popcorn:

No surprise, except for Alaska which has an excuse due to pretty much all goods needing to be shipped in, all deep blue states. California most expensive in the lower 48. Such a shock.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
I don't know about price, but according to my mom, Connecticut isn't anything to write home about where friendliness is concerned.

She's right about that --- sort of. When you have people packed in tightly together, that's the result, and that's the basic character of that densely populated corridor between roughly Boston and Washington. Get outside of that density, even in Connecticut, and the people get much nicer.

But we can't make a blanket statement about an entire state. Connecticut isn't big as states go but it does have diversity -- life in a little rural town like Wilton is going to be much different from that in Hartford, or as I call it the boil on New England's bum. It's really the difference between being packed in and having space.

I don't *NEED* to "figure it out". The ass-serter does. It's his idea.

Think about it.
Don't tax yourself. Take breaks.
You sure get pissy when your ignorance is pointed out.

The OP and I figured it out without help, but you shouldn't be ashamed to ask.

In what universe does a higher cost indicate a lower quality product?
In this universe when that product is quality of life.

Of course for the very rich with their life behind walls and gates with their security people life will be good as long as they
don't stray from their enclaves.
For the normal average people life in California is likely no better at all than life in Mississippi and probably much worse in many ways.

If people can't afford it here, then they should go somewhere cheaper. Similarly, people who can only afford bologna shouldn't be paying for prime rib.

How they manage their money is up to them. But prime rib is still better than bologna.

I don't *NEED* to "figure it out". The ass-serter does. It's his idea.

Think about it.
Don't tax yourself. Take breaks.
You sure get pissy when your ignorance is pointed out.

The OP and I figured it out without help, but you shouldn't be ashamed to ask.

You don't seem to have an answer.

Time's up. You lose.

See, it's not that I can't "figure it out". See my FIRST post in this thread. It's that I want the ass-serter to figure it out and essplain himself. Looks like he can't do it either.

Don't know how summa y'all are so dense that you can't figure out that a question being posed, doesn't mean the questioner doesn't already know the answer. That's not the only purpose of posing a question. DUH.

Anyone else?

Time's up. You lose.

See, it's not that I can't "figure it out". See my FIRST post in this thread. It's that I want the ass-serter to figure it out and essplain himself. Looks like he can't do it either.

Don't know how summa y'all are so dense that you can't figure out that a question being posed, doesn't mean the questioner doesn't already know the answer. That's not the only purpose of posing a question. DUH.

Anyone else?
Poor baby got called out for being a Dumbass and it's only response was that it was trying to be a Smartass.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
Gee, they're almost ALL run by the Dim Dems. What a surprise.
They are all democrat states

RILLY.

Diga me Tonto ---- what in the fuck is a "democrat state"?

Oh this oughta be precious. :popcorn:
Democrat legislature, usually democrat governor, voting democrat in presidential elections

Of course for the very rich with their life behind walls and gates with their security people life will be good as long as they
For the normal average people life in California is likely no better at all than life in Mississippi and probably much worse in many ways.

If people can't afford it here, then they should go somewhere cheaper. Similarly, people who can only afford bologna shouldn't be paying for prime rib.

How they manage their money is up to them. But prime rib is still better than bologna.

Mmmmmmm, such tasty prime rib !

09California-Today-sd-jumbo by [url=htt

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
I don't know about price, but according to my mom, Connecticut isn't anything to write home about where friendliness is concerned.

She's right about that --- sort of. When you have people packed in tightly together, that's the result, and that's the basic character of that densely populated corridor between roughly Boston and Washington. Get outside of that density, even in Connecticut, and the people get much nicer.

But we can't make a blanket statement about an entire state. Connecticut isn't big as states go but it does have diversity -- life in a little rural town like Wilton is going to be much different from that in Hartford, or as I call it the boil on New England's bum. It's really the difference between being packed in and having space.
My mom's favorite thing about being up there was the snow.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

09California-Today-sd-jumbo by

Yet people are willing to pay more to be here. Why do you suppose that is?

You know, higher quality products tend to cost more. People pay more for Ferrari's than they do for some run-down POS car. Such a difficult concept to understand, isn't it?

Time's up. You lose.

Anyone else?
Poor baby got called out for being a Dumbass and it's only response was that it was trying to be a Smartass.

Then it's interesting that the OP oozed back in and STILL has no answer.

Which was what I expected. No balls, no response. I win again. Getting tired of winning.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii

My mom's favorite thing about being up there was the snow.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

I love snow myself. We got some here about a week ago. Did y'all get it on the other side of the mountain?

09California-Today-sd-jumbo by

Yet people are willing to pay more to be here. Why do you suppose that is?

You know, higher quality products tend to cost more. People pay more for Ferrari's than they do for some run-down POS car. Such a difficult concept to understand, isn't it?

And people pay insane prices to live in San Francisco, and if you think that's a Ferrari, fine, to me however it's insane since I don't see the quality of life that you apparently do. I see insane traffic, air pollution, insufficient natural resources, extreme wildfires, ridiculous energy rates, and especially too many fucking people.
I'm betting a good deal of Californians just don't realize that there is so much better out there. I was born and raised in Southern California, and once I began to travel, I found this country is packed with places where there is so much more than shiny glitz. You wanna blow your money, be my guest.

Forum List

Back