2019 top ten most expensive states to live in.....and the winner is.............

Offer and demand, everyone wants to be in those states....why do we have to go over this every freaking time? Me and my neighbhours if we sell we can buy probably 20 houses in Most red states, than do what there? Plenty of business here, best beaches, best national parks, close to an international airport, we have the best weather, snow slopes 2 hours away, Disneyland, Universal studios.....why the hell would we trade this for useless red states full of racists? WHY?
LOL....tremendously funny! Great satire.

Offer and demand, everyone wants to be in those states....why do we have to go over this every freaking time? Me and my neighbhours if we sell we can buy probably 20 houses in Most red states, than do what there? Plenty of business here, best beaches, best national parks, close to an international airport, we have the best weather, snow slopes 2 hours away, Disneyland, Universal studios.....why the hell would we trade this for useless red states full of racists? WHY?
LOL....tremendously funny! Great satire.

I see you haven’t learned to look at overall sociological and quality of life trends

Red States do worse than Blue States, there is no denying it
There is plenty of reason to deny. Quality of life is a very subjective thing. You can keep your crime riddled, high cost, congested, highly regulated blue state drone centers.

The quality of life trend in California isn't looking so good. Have you noticed?

California is one of our wealthiest states. Most are doing very well
But they also have a large homeless population due to climate and a tolerance for homelessness
Those that are not ultra wealthy are questioning the cost proposition of living in California vs moving to a cheaper state. If you are ultra poor you will stay and if you are ultra rich you will stay. Many of the rest are moving to get an instant pay raise and much lower cost of living.

Reading the articles posted, you can see California is slowly losing it's middle class, as it works to become an elitist utopia.

I see you haven’t learned to look at overall sociological and quality of life trends

There is plenty of reason to deny. Quality of life is a very subjective thing. You can keep your crime riddled, high cost, congested, highly regulated blue state drone centers.

The quality of life trend in California isn't looking so good. Have you noticed?

But they also have a large homeless population due to climate and a tolerance for homelessness
most are doing well if you live along the coast were most of the wealth is...and a tolerance for the homeless?...do you think the people who live were those tents are,are ok with that?...

No surprise, except for Alaska which has an excuse due to pretty much all goods needing to be shipped in, all deep blue states. California most expensive in the lower 48. Such a shock.

America's 10 most expensive states to live in 2019

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
lots of racist in California too issa....lots of businesses in red states....not all the beaches in Cal are that great....other states have great national parks too...many have international airports....Florida has a bigger Disneyland and Universal studio.......

No surprise, except for Alaska which has an excuse due to pretty much all goods needing to be shipped in, all deep blue states. California most expensive in the lower 48. Such a shock.

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii
That study did not factor in the state taxes, sales, income and otherwise.

I put all that together and made it into a map.

The percentages reflect how much of say your social security check is left when adjusted for local cost of living and taxes.

upload_2019-11-28_10-13-12.png

10. (tie) New Jersey

10. (tie) Rhode Island

8. Connecticut

7. Alaska

6. Oregon

5. Maryland

4. Massachusetts

3. New York

2. California

1. Hawaii

"Everyone" ?
Actually California has been seeing more moving away than moving in.

More people moving out of California than moving in

More than 86,000 people have left California for Texas, nearly 70,000 for Arizona and about 55,000 for Washington over the last seven years.

According to a recent poll conducted by the University of California, Berkeley, 71% of registered voters said they would consider moving out of the state due to California’s high cost of housing.

58% of voters said they would consider moving because of high taxes and 46% said they would move because of California’s political culture.

More people moving out of California than moving in
I swear to you it is fake news. The talk here is how is crowded by the day. I see more people moving in from within the US and overseas than moving out.
Dont believe the crap propaganda that wants you to believe that narrative. Come here to see for yourself.
I'm in real estate we get 20 candidates for each apartment if not more, open houses see also lot of buyers (slowed a bit)
Freeways packed, streets busy, business booming,....when I go to other states I see a huge difference in paste and size of economy I sometimes wonder how they stay in business.
so you think having packed freeways and more people than what an area can accommodate is great news?..

most are doing well if you live along the coast were most of the wealth is...and a tolerance for the homeless?...do you think the people who live were those tents are,are ok with that?...
They are still there

They would not be there in a Red State
Red States know how to take care of their homeless problem......
Harass them, arrest them and chase them away

They are still there

They would not be there in a Red State
Red States know how to take care of their homeless problem......
Harass them, arrest them and chase them away
so that means they are all ok with that?...try actually going there RW instead of talking from the other side of the country...you might find the attitude different than what you think it is...those residents are restricted by what they can do because of the local and state governments...many would want them moved out yesterday...

Forum List

Back