2019-2020 School Year...WTF?

What PERCENTAGE of any State's public school students are providing a substantial portion of the family's income through part time and Summer work? I suspect it is in single digits. Which is not to say that FOR THEM and their families, summer school would be problematic. But compared to losing a full semester of school, it's a reasonable trade-off.

The President of the American Federation of Teachers was interviewed on Martha MacAllum's program tonight, and said that their organization is lobbying for funding for a four-week SUMMER program, in the brick&mortal schools if possible, to prepare the students for school's startup in September. They recognize what I mention above - that more than half of America's public school students will not learn squat between March 15 and June 15.

What an idea!

What PERCENTAGE of any State's public school students are providing a substantial portion of the family's income through part time and Summer work? I suspect it is in single digits. Which is not to say that FOR THEM and their families, summer school would be problematic. But compared to losing a full semester of school, it's a reasonable trade-off.

What you "suspect" is immaterial, and writing off the most vulnerable students is NOT a "reasonable trade-off." In fact, it would be illegal.

Forum List

Back