2016 Republican primary

Okay, to put this thread back on track.

Chris Christy will never be the nominee. Even if he wins NH, he won't win Iowa or SC after the gay marriage and hugging Obama Debacles.

Jabba is the kind of Republican Wall Street loves. No religious crazy and willing to fuck the working man at every oppurtunity. But he's unelectable in the primary. Romney only won because he had weak conservative opponents who split the vote all the way up to the end.

Christie vs. Ted Cruz. Cruz sweeps Iowa, makes a decent showing in NH, and then nails South Carolina.

Chris Christy will never be the nominee. Even if he wins NH, he won't win Iowa or SC after the gay marriage and hugging Obama Debacles.

Jabba is the kind of Republican Wall Street loves. No religious crazy and willing to fuck the working man at every oppurtunity. But he's unelectable in the primary. Romney only won because he had weak conservative opponents who split the vote all the way up to the end.

Christie vs. Ted Cruz. Cruz sweeps Iowa, makes a decent showing in NH, and then nails South Carolina.

He's from Canada though. I don't know if he'll be able to run.

Are the rw's thinking Christie will get the nomination because he worked with the president?

That's what they've been critical of in the past but rw's don't mind dumping one for another.

That was suc fun last general election - rw's saying THIS one will be prez, then dumping him for the next one in line only to dump that one for the next one and so on.

Lay in the popcorn cuz it will be the same next time.

He's from Canada though. I don't know if he'll be able to run.

You going to demand his birth certificate?

I think we're gonna have to see his full birth certificate.

I think I read he has dual citizenship but that isn't important to the average rw voter.

All they care about is voting for the worst possible choice for the good of the country. And, right now, that would be Cruz. Now, iif only he'd tap $arah for his running mate.

You going to demand his birth certificate?

I think we're gonna have to see his full birth certificate.

I think I read he has dual citizenship but that isn't important to the average rw voter.

All they care about is voting for the worst possible choice for the good of the country. And, right now, that would be Cruz. Now, iif only he'd tap $arah for his running mate.

his mother was a citizen

you can make fun of the birfer movement all you want, but that is all it is :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the Republican primaries. They are going to be so friggin ugly as they all cannibalize each other. The debates should be a joy to watch with twenty of them running. Honestly though, if Republicans want the best candidate possible and a real conservative who can't be battered for being a hypocrite, then John Thune is their best bet.

Last edited:
JoeB was just as wrong about MR, so give him the credit he is due: none.

I was right when I said Romney was a loser, which he was...

He took an easily winnable election and lost it, big time.

You also thought Gingrich was a winner.

Hate is rarely a good foundation.

Gingrich would have done better against Obama than the weird Mormon Robot did.

The worst sign in 2012 is that there were about a million less primary voters than there were in 2008.

Right now, Chris Christie appears to be the Republicans only electable candidate.

His weight would be an issue now, but he had lap band surgery in February and should be down a hundred pounds by 2016

Unlike other Republicans, Christie can run from the middle and show cred that he is willing to work with Democrats. After the Republican shutdown debacle, the public is crying for candidates who can be bipartisan

The GOP primary can be difficult. But both Cruz and Paul will split the conservative vote leaving Christie to win the big blue states California, NY, Florida

If Republicans can lay off the Whitewater, Blowjob, Benghazi distraction, Hillary is beatable. She doesn't have the spark she used to have and appears more and more like an old lady. If Republicans will let Christie be Christie, they can have a GOP president. If they make him run as a fake TeaTard, he will lose

Right now, Chris Christie appears to be the Republicans only electable candidate.

His weight would be an issue now, but he had lap band surgery in February and should be down a hundred pounds by 2016

Unlike other Republicans, Christie can run from the middle and show cred that he is willing to work with Democrats. After the Republican shutdown debacle, the public is crying for candidates who can be bipartisan

The GOP primary can be difficult. But both Cruz and Paul will split the conservative vote leaving Christie to win the big blue states California, NY, Florida

If Republicans can lay off the Whitewater, Blowjob, Benghazi distraction, Hillary is beatable. She doesn't have the spark she used to have and appears more and more like an old lady. If Republicans will let Christie be Christie, they can have a GOP president. If they make him run as a fake TeaTard, he will lose

Lap bands are not a magic bullet.

I would also be remiss if I failed to point out that the media LOVED McCain and Romney over 'true' conservatives, until they got the nomination. Then the knives came out.

I don't think that Paul and Cruz will split the conservative vote. Paul will get the same crazies that supported his dad. Cruz will either explode spectacularly in 2014, or he will become the defacto leader of the conservative wing.

But the real telling issue will be, what condition will the economy be in 2016. If it's bad as it is now, Hillary will be very beatable.

Lap bands are not a magic bullet.

I would also be remiss if I failed to point out that the media LOVED McCain and Romney over 'true' conservatives, until they got the nomination. Then the knives came out.

I don't think that Paul and Cruz will split the conservative vote. Paul will get the same crazies that supported his dad. Cruz will either explode spectacularly in 2014, or he will become the defacto leader of the conservative wing.

But the real telling issue will be, what condition will the economy be in 2016. If it's bad as it is now, Hillary will be very beatable.

By 2016, I expect the economy to be blah....just like it is now
But the public will be accustomed to blah and it will not be a major issue

If you are a TeaTard, you have to make the decision between Cruz and Paul. They draw from the same well

Christie will win the Northeast, Midwest and Western states. Cruz and Paul will split the solid red states. Now, the smart thing to do would be for one of them to drop out to allow the other to win. Do you think either one can put aside his ego?

Back in the old days, if a candidate did not do well by South Carolina he folded up his tent and went home. His campaign reserves were dried up and no new money was coming in

Now, thanks to Citizens United, fringe candidates can keep campaigning forever. As long as your deep pockets benefactor keeps coughing up the dough

Neither Cruz nor Paul will blink and will split the TeaTard vote

I was right when I said Romney was a loser, which he was...

He took an easily winnable election and lost it, big time.

You also thought Gingrich was a winner.

Hate is rarely a good foundation.

Gingrich would have done better against Obama than the weird Mormon Robot did.

The worst sign in 2012 is that there were about a million less primary voters than there were in 2008.

Nah, you would have looked just as stupid as you did in the primaries. :lol:

rw makes jb simply blow.

Christie in the primaries easily, and very tough competitor with HRC.

Fun election year coming up.

Forum List

Back