2016 Republican primary

Right now, Chris Christie appears to be the Republicans only electable candidate.

If you can get the idiot Republicans to run Christie, then they fully deserve to die out as a viable party.

His weight would be an issue now, but he had lap band surgery in February and should be down a hundred pounds by 2016

Unlike other Republicans, Christie can run from the middle and show cred that he is willing to work with Democrats. After the Republican shutdown debacle, the public is crying for candidates who can be bipartisan

The GOP primary can be difficult. But both Cruz and Paul will split the conservative vote leaving Christie to win the big blue states California, NY, Florida

If Republicans can lay off the Whitewater, Blowjob, Benghazi distraction, Hillary is beatable. She doesn't have the spark she used to have and appears more and more like an old lady. If Republicans will let Christie be Christie, they can have a GOP president. If they make him run as a fake TeaTard, he will lose

Christie is indeed significantly left of center, but what does he have to offer Republicans?

And I have a suspicion that Hillary will not run.

Right now, Chris Christie appears to be the Republicans only electable candidate.

If you can get the idiot Republicans to run Christie, then they fully deserve to die out as a viable party.

His weight would be an issue now, but he had lap band surgery in February and should be down a hundred pounds by 2016

Unlike other Republicans, Christie can run from the middle and show cred that he is willing to work with Democrats. After the Republican shutdown debacle, the public is crying for candidates who can be bipartisan

The GOP primary can be difficult. But both Cruz and Paul will split the conservative vote leaving Christie to win the big blue states California, NY, Florida

If Republicans can lay off the Whitewater, Blowjob, Benghazi distraction, Hillary is beatable. She doesn't have the spark she used to have and appears more and more like an old lady. If Republicans will let Christie be Christie, they can have a GOP president. If they make him run as a fake TeaTard, he will lose

Christie is indeed significantly left of center, but what does he have to offer Republicans?

And I have a suspicion that Hillary will not run.

What policies of Christies do you consider to be left of center?

Christie offers Republicans a candidate who could actually defeat Hillary Clinton

Christie also offers the "silent majority" of Republicans a candidate that is willing to stand up to the radical rightwing that has taken over the party

jersey_4825_20121031_s640x473.jpg

He is a rabid anti-gun whackadoodle, a major proponent of late term abortion, a GAIA worshiping AGW fucktard, shall we go on?

Christie offers Republicans a candidate who could actually defeat Hillary Clinton

To what end? Christie may well be left of Clinton.

Christie also offers the "silent majority" of Republicans a candidate that is willing to stand up to the radical rightwing that has taken over the party

Christie offers to leftists the long sought after dream of one party rule.

jersey_4825_20121031_s640x473.jpg

He is a rabid anti-gun whackadoodle, a major proponent of late term abortion, a GAIA worshiping AGW fucktard, shall we go on?

To what end? Christie may well be left of Clinton.

Christie offers to leftists the long sought after dream of one party rule.

So thats the best you got?

That handshake is just what America is looking for. A candidate who says "I put the people of my state over my political party" Based on the recent shutdown nonsense, the public is tired of partisan bickering. That picture is gold for Christie

He is not anti-gun and does not support abortion

Uncensored, your type is the small minority in the GOP.

Christie is right of center, mainstream Republican, and America loves him.

TPM and libertarians and reactionaries to the rear for FEMA camp re-education.

That handshake is just what America is looking for. A candidate who says "I put the people of my state over my political party" Based on the recent shutdown nonsense, the public is tired of partisan bickering. That picture is gold for Christie

I don't think blatant lying is going to work for you...

Maybe it will, but I'm doubting it.

{where Governor Chris Christie has announced his support for a proposal to expand background checks for gun purchases, to require parental consent for minors to buy violent video games, to ban purchases of particular rifles, and to make it easier for courts and individuals to commit “potentially dangerous” people to mental health treatment against their will.

This is a significant expansion of New Jersey’s already-tough gun control laws, and some provisions — like the mental health proposal — are genuinely controversial. Within his state, however, Christie is on firm ground. Large majorities of New Jersey voters support stricter gun laws, including bans on high-capacity magazines, universal background checks, and laws that would prevent people with mental illnesses from buying guns. }

What Chris Christie?s support for gun control says about GOP

Look Republicans...

You just shut down the Government and the country is really, really pissed at you

What do you do? Nominate Cruz, Paul, Ryan or Rubio who pushed for and voted for the shutdown?

Christie is your lifeline to political sanity. He condemned the shutdown and those who demanded it. He showed he is willing to work bipartisan to get things done. He showed he puts the people above politics

He is the only way out of the doghouse for Republicans.....Will they take it?

I don't think blatant lying is going to work for you...

Maybe it will, but I'm doubting it.

{where Governor Chris Christie has announced his support for a proposal to expand background checks for gun purchases, to require parental consent for minors to buy violent video games, to ban purchases of particular rifles, and to make it easier for courts and individuals to commit “potentially dangerous” people to mental health treatment against their will.

This is a significant expansion of New Jersey’s already-tough gun control laws, and some provisions — like the mental health proposal — are genuinely controversial. Within his state, however, Christie is on firm ground. Large majorities of New Jersey voters support stricter gun laws, including bans on high-capacity magazines, universal background checks, and laws that would prevent people with mental illnesses from buying guns. }

What Chris Christie?s support for gun control says about GOP

Hate to tell you

But once again Christie is more in line with the political position of the country. The country and most of the NRA supports background checks

Governor Chris Christie has announced his support for a proposal to expand background checks for gun purchases, to require parental consent for minors to buy violent video games, to ban purchases of particular rifles, and to make it easier for courts and individuals to commit “potentially dangerous” people to mental health treatment against their will.

Imagine that.......America would support it
Radical Republicans would block it

Last edited:
Hate to tell you

But once again Christie is more in line with the political position of the country. The country and most of the NRA supports background checks

Governor Chris Christie has announced his support for a proposal to expand background checks for gun purchases, to require parental consent for minors to buy violent video games, to ban purchases of particular rifles, and to make it easier for courts and individuals to commit “potentially dangerous” people to mental health treatment against their will.

Imagine that.......America would support it
Radical Republicans would block it

Izzatrite?

Hmmm, wonder why he ran from his own bill, then?

{On Friday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie refused to sign three closely watched gun control bills, including a ban on .50 caliber sniper rifles similar to one Christie himself called for earlier this year. }

Chris Christie Backs Down on Gun Control | The Nation

You keep telling us how popular your war on the Constitution is, yet front liners keep falling...

Really. JoeB does not understand how GOP primary season works at all. He could not get ONE call right last year during the primaries.

rw makes jb simply blow.

Christie in the primaries easily, and very tough competitor with HRC.

Fun election year coming up.

Not really.

The Wingnuts will take out Jabba, and if they don't, the MSM media will.

And after he loses, the Right Wing will announce, 'Well, if only we ran a REAL conservative!"

No question the wingnuts will try, but their power within the party has diminished

Regular Republicans let them have their way in the shutdown and the wingnuts showed how irresponsible they can be

Regular Republicans will not support a candidate like Cruz or Paul.......neither will the rest of America

rw makes jb simply blow.

Not really.

And after he loses, the Right Wing will announce, 'Well, if only we ran a REAL conservative!"

No question the wingnuts will try, but their power within the party has diminished

Regular Republicans let them have their way in the shutdown and the wingnuts showed how irresponsible they can be

Regular Republicans will not support a candidate like Cruz or Paul.......neither will the rest of America

I'm not seeing any evidence the wingnuts power has been diminised one iota...quite the reverse, I see the guys who hate Obama insufficiently getting primaried.

rw makes jb simply blow.

Not really.

Democrats and independents still elect presidents; and neither will vote for the likes of Paul or Cruz.

They will vote for someone like Christie, however.

The TPM and radical right may infer from that fact what they will.

Doesn't matter, Dot Com.

The mainstream GOP leadership told the TPM this day would come if they played stupidly.

They played stupidly.

Not really.

I'm not seeing any evidence the wingnuts power has been diminised one iota...quite the reverse, I see the guys who hate Obama insufficiently getting primaried.

The TeaTards power has diminished

First off. Nobody is going to deliver the cash to TeaTards
Secondly. They have used up their goodwill within their own party and burned their bridges
Thirdly. The rest of the country thinks they are nutz

Forum List

Back