20% California EV Owners Going Back to Gasoline

Here's a link;
Read it and reap.

1620419047389.png

They did not have lithium ion batteries in the late 1800s. They didn't even have them in the late 1980s. That IS a new development. There is an enormous amount of NEW technology used in the production of a modern automobile.
There has also been many improvements in both milage and pollution in gasoline and diesel engines.
The vast industrial strip mining for the lithium, lead, and other rare earth minerals, for the batteries, is going to scar huge areas of land and pollute it big time. ... :cool:
The metals and minerals used in batteries are recycled.

The metals and minerals used in batteries are recycled.
"Rather, the batteries are typically processed to remove the cobalt and a few other expensive metals, with much of the remainder released as air emissions or used as filler in concrete or other construction products. This is one reason why less than 5 percent of lithium-ion batteries are currently recycled.

I predict we could have batteries that will allow you to go 2000 miles on a single charge by then and that may actually be a conservative estimate.

Cool!
What type of battery is going to have that energy density?

We'll find out from now till 2035, unless you think we've already reached the pinnacle of battery technology :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The ones we have now are pretty energy dense.
Unless we're using anti-matter, I doubt we're jumping to 2000 miles
by 2035.

Yes, the ones we have now. Now, being the operative word here. Don't be surprised if we see a car with a 500 mile battery range come out this year.

Yes, the ones we have now. Now, being the operative word here. Don't be surprised if we see a car with a 500 mile battery range come out this year.
That sounds wonderful.
Except in the dead of winter months in the northern states.
When your EV car batteries optimum efficiency is 40% and you can go maybe 200 miles on a full charge. ... :cool:

I predict we could have batteries that will allow you to go 2000 miles on a single charge by then and that may actually be a conservative estimate.

Cool!

We'll find out from now till 2035, unless you think we've already reached the pinnacle of battery technology :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We are well past the pinnacle of battery technology, because already we are relying on rare earth elements that are impractical on a larger scale.

Really?! You mean we can't possibly make a better battery past what we have now? lolll. Even as you say this, last year, Tesla announced they were in the current process of manufacturing a new battery that would have a lifespan of over 1 million miles but also tested to last up to 2 million miles and still have it be cheaper than what they were currently using, as well as have a longer range. The newest generation roadster already has a 620 mile range.

That sounds wonderful.
Except in the dead of winter months in the northern states.
When your EV car batteries optimum efficiency is 40% and you can go maybe 200 miles on a full charge. ... :cool:

Show me the facts that demonstrate this

Cool!

Electric cars are older than ICE cars what makes you think batteries will improve more in just a few more years?

Not throwing science out the window. The 2021 technology isn't what is going to be the standard in 2050.
Battery powered cars is old technology, they have been around since the late 1800's.
But the looney liberals act like it's something new and exciting, it's not. ... :cool:
Hardly. Battery powered cars with the capabilities of the Tesla or better ARE something new.
One would think that one shouldn't have to explain that to somebody....but you do with the blob supporters.

The right wing idiocy is in full view on this thread....
Eventually, the nation will be almost completely dependent on electric cars for it's transit needs.
The lefty liberals always claim they are all about science.
But when you point out the flaws in their reasoning when it comes to one of their pet projects.
Liberals throw science out the window, and cling tightly to their leftist partisan hack beliefs based on feelings. ... :cuckoo:

Not throwing science out the window. The 2021 technology isn't what is going to be the standard in 2050.

Just like you're not cranking your internal combustion engine any more like they were doing in 1920.

If there was a message board around in 1925, you dumbfucks would be chiding people who said that we were going to be able to drive without hand cranking the engine.

For the life of me, I don't get the silly assed joy you guys get deriding new technologies and new ideas that, deep down, you guys know will be commonplace eventually.

There is nothing new about EV technology.
It is old school.
We just know the density isn't there, and energy waste make it require far more pollution in the long run.
EV says NOTHING about how you can get the energy from.
Right now it is all fossil fuel anyway.
So you gain nothing with an EV, except to shorten your range.

Lithium Ion batteries aren't new?

Show me the facts that demonstrate this

that article shows that batteries can lose 40% efficiency in cold weather, not the 60% you claim. Either way i don't think that test tells the whole story, because not all drivers lose that much in cold weather, with the tesla anyway.

Cool!

Electric cars are older than ICE cars what makes you think batteries will improve more in just a few more years?

When were electric cars invented and when did ppl start driving them? :laugh: :laugh:

Sunni Man is still making the same mistake. You cannot build a Tesla with 1890 technologies. It was ENABLED, first, by the development of lithium ion batteries in the early 1990s. It was further enabled by the development of barium titanate magnets, computers, carbon fiber composites and a hundred other technological developments that certainly weren't available to the very first battery powered automobiles.

Sunni Man is still making the same mistake. You cannot build a Tesla with 1890 technologies. It was ENABLED, first, by the development of lithium ion batteries in the early 1990s. It was further enabled by the development of barium titanate magnets, computers, carbon fiber composites and a hundred other technological developments that certainly weren't available to the very first battery powered automobiles.
Quit being a retard.
I never said you could build a Tesla with 1890 technology.
Now that has been cleared up.
Go find some one else to Troll with your nonsense. ... :cool:

The whole battery debate with EV's is moot. Americans dont like EV's...........there is a mammoth amount of evidence to support it too.

Ive watched for 10 years in here.......the climate nutters talking up the battery stuff. Zero has changed in the car market. EV sales have been rising at about 1% the past 5 years.......only 325,000 sold last year. Thats laughable. The sliver in the car market pie graph is so small, its barely visible. :eusa_dance:

If you do a ten hour trip in a gas car you need to make pit stops anyway as well as one gas stop. If you're diving an ev you can top off your car at a level 3 charging station and do 50% in probably 15 minutes. That isn't a huge deal. It's routing your trip around those charging stations which makes it longer. However, i honestly don't see anyone making more than 4 pit stops during a 10 hour trip to top off your car. Technically you can probably get away with 3. This is all assuming you have a 300 mile range or better. It really depends how much you charge each time.
how long does it take you to fill your gas tank? me about five minutes. not hours. duh!!!! and there's basically a gas station at almost every exit off of a highway. duh!!!!

We'll find out from now till 2035, unless you think we've already reached the pinnacle of battery technology
We are close to the boundaries of current battery technology.
Until some major breakthrough happens.
Electric car battery milage range and long charging times won't dramatically improve anytime soon. ... :cool:

Maybe we'll have a 10,000 pound car with 9000 pounds of batteries?
That’s the ticket

Quit being a retard.
I never said you could build a Tesla with 1890 technology.
Now that has been cleared up.
Go find some one else to Troll with your nonsense. ... :cool:
As soon as you admit that your knowledge of the development of technology - evinced by your contention that a Tesla and a battery powered car of the 1890s are significantly equivalent - is seriously lacking.

As soon as you admit that your knowledge of the development of technology - evinced by your contention that a Tesla and a battery powered car of the 1890s are significantly equivalent - is seriously lacking.
Lol you have a serious mental problem.
Seek immediate medical help before it's too late. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back