2 BILLION for border control

More effort to stop people from getting in.Then we can deal with that.
Why is it called Immigration reform anyway.That suggests to me like our country did something wrong by asking people to respect this nation and follow the necessary steps to gain access....

Shouldn't it really be called Illegal Immigration reform as now we need to deal with those who got
in this country ...illegally.

Last edited:
Why is it called Immigration reform anyway.That suggests to me like our country did something wrong by asking people to respect this nation and follow the necessary steps to gain access....

Shouldn't it really be called Illegal Immigration reform as now we need to deal with those who got

Because, in reality, "sealing" thousands of miles, including those many hundreds or thousands that border water is impractical. And why wait on employers of undocumented workers? No below minimum wage jobs, less inflow; no, one cannot get AFDC/WIC/food stamps in most states if you does not have documentation of citizenship.

Because, in reality, "sealing" thousands of miles, including those many hundreds or thousands that border water is impractical. And why wait on employers of undocumented workers? No below minimum wage jobs, less inflow; no, one cannot get AFDC/WIC/food stamps in most states if you does not have documentation of citizenship.

Most do not know that Eisenhower effectively sealed the border with 1/10th of todays manpower.
If the political will is there, IT CAN BE DONE!

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico - CSMonitor.com

Most do not know that Eisenhower effectively sealed the border with 1/10th of todays manpower.
If the political will is there, IT CAN BE DONE!

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico - CSMonitor.com

Yes, as the article notes:

farmers and ranchers in the Southwest had become dependent on an additional low-cost, docile, illegal labor force of up to 3 million, mostly Mexican, laborers.

The article is from 2006, the problem remains, and the below minimum wage labor extends farther east. My point of difference is the ease in which Canadians stroll across the US border and take better paying jobs. Tighten up BOTH borders.

Forum List

Back