1st Amendment vs. Bumper Sticker "FU Trump and FU You for Voting for Him"

Fantastic bumper sticker :clap:

It's a crappy bumper sticker. She doesn't know why some people voted for Trump yet she chooses to make it personal by adding the F YOU part. She is being a crappy citizen and honestly very selfish, exposing kids to also seeing this. kids are exposed to enough already. This is a mother of 12? what the F is wrong with her?

really? how about if someone drove around with a bumper sticker that said F. U. Blacks lives matter and F. U. for supporting them? you wouldnt find that confrontational? or would you consider that to be 'Fine' free speech?
She knows why plenty of people voted for Trump. Thus the “fuck you.”

No it doesnt deserve a "fuck you" there were only two candidates to choose from. many people who voted for Hilalry for example would rather have voted for Sanders or someone else, but they bit their tongue and pulled the lever for Hillary.
The fact that we have reached the point where it is OK to say "fuck you " in great big letters on the back of your window shows where we are as a nation, everybody wants " respect" when it comes to their particular group , yet when you disagree with them it's "fuck you" now, because they follow every stereotype.
I remember a better time when politics didnt define everyday people as much as it does today. I blame these corrupt politicians who through their use of news media over decades have turned us against each other, magnifying every fault in us , for the sole purpose of getting themselves elected.
The only ‘justification’ for voting for Trump is that one approves of his hateful, failed, wrongheaded agenda of bigotry, misogyny, and contempt for the rule of law.
Cry baby....need your diaper changed?

It's tacky, but it's a free speech issue. You have bigger problems if a bumper sticker can provoke you to violent encounters.

No, it's NOT a free speech issue. I'm sick and damned tired of hearing people shout, "First Amendment!" to try to justify doing whatever they want, whenever they want, with no recognition of the rights of other people and demanding that there be no consequences whatsoever.

This is why communities have disorderly conduct laws: to delineate the point where your "freedom of speech" starts infringing on everyone else's freedoms.

This is about partisan politics and the very thing the First Amendment was intended to prevent – government using its prosecutorial authority to discourage political dissent and to punish political opponents.

The bumper sticker is speech clearly entitled to Constitutional protections, whether Trump supporters like it or not.

Sorry, no. Communities have every right to pass laws about disorderly conduct to protect everyone else from people who can't figure out how to coexist peacefully without having it codified on paper for them.

It's tacky, but it's a free speech issue. You have bigger problems if a bumper sticker can provoke you to violent encounters.

No, it's NOT a free speech issue. I'm sick and damned tired of hearing people shout, "First Amendment!" to try to justify doing whatever they want, whenever they want, with no recognition of the rights of other people and demanding that there be no consequences whatsoever.

This is why communities have disorderly conduct laws: to delineate the point where your "freedom of speech" starts infringing on everyone else's freedoms.
Well then how about the nation shut trump up as I am tired of hearing his sick persona.

Well then how about the nation shut trump up as I am tired of hearing his sick persona.

Unless he's coming by your house and standing on your lawn, shouting, he's not that hard to avoid. I do it all the time.

You know, from 2004 until 2008, I had a large bumpersticker that said "Fuck Bush" in letters 3 inches high on the back of my Harley, and I never got pulled over. Matter of fact, lots of the bikers I hung around with had the same attitude I did.

Me? I personally think this is free speech and there should be no charges filed for this.

If you did have to have a compromise though, maybe if she dropped the "and fuck you for voting for him" part of the sticker, because not everyone was stupid enough to vote for Trump.

How could you possibly fit eight three inch letters on the back of a Harley? Were they three inches tall and a quarter in wide?
I call bullshit.

Be sick and tired of it all you wish, but that doesn't change the fact that having a swear on your truck isn't aganist the law. It's tacky and vulgar, but shouldn't be aganist the law in the my opinion. Also, you're freedom isn't being infringed upon b/c you read curse words in public. Truck Nutz are crass as well. Should they be made illegal as well?

rush limpbough, hannity, and all the other big Hate Radio fucks insult millions of their perceived "enemies" 24/7. They're not honest enough to use the direct language the lady in the truck did, but the radio haters' language is even more hateful and divisive and insulting. Yet, you never hear right wingers whining about their language or intent, even though the meaning is far worse, far more divisive, and deeply disturbing.

These hate-filled radio hacks are nothing but treasonous trouble-makers.

You know, from 2004 until 2008, I had a large bumpersticker that said "Fuck Bush" in letters 3 inches high on the back of my Harley, and I never got pulled over. Matter of fact, lots of the bikers I hung around with had the same attitude I did.

Me? I personally think this is free speech and there should be no charges filed for this.

If you did have to have a compromise though, maybe if she dropped the "and fuck you for voting for him" part of the sticker, because not everyone was stupid enough to vote for Trump.

How could you possibly fit eight three inch letters on the back of a Harley? Were they three inches tall and a quarter in wide?
I call bullshit.

Not my fault you're not smart enough to know how it was written.

It wasn't written "Fuck Bush"

It was written
Fuck
Bush

And yeah, it fit nicely on the back of my Harley.

I call bullshit.

It was written
Fuck
Bush

So flat on the fender where no one could see it.

I call bullshit.

It was written
Fuck
Bush

Yeah, it was flat on the fender, facing rearward, at the bottom of an extended fender cover that fit over the current fender and dropped down about 3/4 of the tire. And, it was about 8 inches across. It was placed directly above the chrome fender tip that was on it.

Listen dude..............just because it doesn't fit your narrative, doesn't mean that it didn't happen. If I had a camera to take pictures of the picture I have of my scooter, you would be able to read Fuck Bush quite easily.

I call bullshit.

It was written
Fuck
Bush

Yeah, it was flat on the fender, facing rearward, at the bottom of an extended fender cover that fit over the current fender and dropped down about 3/4 of the tire. And, it was about 8 inches across. It was placed directly above the chrome fender tip that was on it.

Listen dude..............just because it doesn't fit your narrative, doesn't mean that it didn't happen. If I had a camera to take pictures of the picture I have of my scooter, you would be able to read Fuck Bush quite easily.

Pics or you're full of shit.

Usually Liberals are trashy people who do low class things like driving around with curse words on their cars.

Be sick and tired of it all you wish, but that doesn't change the fact that having a swear on your truck isn't aganist the law. It's tacky and vulgar, but shouldn't be aganist the law in the my opinion. Also, you're freedom isn't being infringed upon b/c you read curse words in public. Truck Nutz are crass as well. Should they be made illegal as well?

Bumper stickers are tacky.

That bumper sticker wreaks of some serious miserable butt hurt. I almost feel for that person. Sucks to be them, and I'm loving every minute of it!!! LOL At least it's easy to spot the hateful Liberals.

Forum List

Back