1989 S&W Model 64-8 in .38 Special +P

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked this one up this morning....It had been mouldering in the shop for about two years so I got it for $375.00. It was lightly used.

I've developed a need for a simple stainless 4" barreled .38 revolver so this one suited me. As it's a round butt design it also gave me a lot of grip options.

64 003 (2).JPG

It's nothing special, just a plain sighted stainless combat revolver.....It came with a set of the excellent Craig Spegel designed rubber combat grips that S&W was using at the time.....I had a nice set of wood RB combat grips that I took off an L-Frame .44 magnum that I used instead.

I don't really think much of the "Hillary hole" lock but for what i need it for I can live with it.

more....

I picked this one up this morning....It had been mouldering in the shop for about two years so I got it for $375.00. It was lightly used.

I've developed a need for a simple stainless 4" barreled .38 revolver so this one suited me. As it's a round butt design it also gave me a lot of grip options.

View attachment 950029

It's nothing special, just a plain sighted stainless combat revolver.....It came with a set of the excellent Craig Spegel designed rubber combat grips that S&W was using at the time.....I had a nice set of wood RB combat grips that I took off an L-Frame .44 magnum that I used instead.

I don't really think much of the "Hillary hole" lock but for what i need it for I can live with it.

more....

You're trying harder now to make a point by suggesting your needs. That's a change happening and so we'll have to watch closely for you to make the point clearer. Good stuff! Keep looking for the fulfillment that's not happening yet!

You're trying harder now to make a point by suggesting your needs. That's a change happening and so we'll have to watch closely for you to make the point clearer. Good stuff! Keep looking for the fulfillment that's not happening yet!
You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Did you know that the accuracy of a .38 snubbie isn't because of the very short barrel ballistics? It's due to the short distance between the front and rear sights amplifying any movement when firing.
It takes practice. I've gone through multiple boxes of .38 Special and now can hit a 10 inch target easily at 25 yards.

Forum List

Back