19.5% of America is on Welfare?

A general welfare clause is a section that appears in many constitutions and in some charters and statutes that allows that the governing body empowered by the document to enact laws to promote the general welfare of the people, which is sometimes worded as the public welfare.

I can also show you that the first three words in the 2nd amendment starts off A Well Regulated...
taking from one and giving to another isnt in the best interest of the general welfare,, its the exact opposite,,

thanks for showing where in the 2nd A it covers military grade arms,,

Of course you were blaming Trump without actually saying it outright........and anything since then is 'because of the plandemic' AKA so the Spud doesn't have to take responsibility.

And THAT ^^^ is why this is a bait thread. To which I'd have to give you credit for being so slick about it, if it was done with actual intent.........but instead you managed to pull off a bait thread without such intent, which means your Dimwittedry runs so deep you do it without knowing.
I'm not blaming Trump. That would be ridiculous. In fact I would love to go after fraud in welfare/social safety nets.

In Metro Detroit where we have a lot of Arabic immigrants, we see they are the masters of manipulating the system. I've seen it. We've all seen it. But my sister in law who's a PT in Dearborn, the Arab capital of America, sees it all the time. Arabs either born over there or 1st generation here find ways to game the system. And they may even live like kings. Like, their brother or cousin or parents may have a party store or smokers shop and they work for them under the table.

It's true. Most people in prison don't come from 2 parent homes.

Are you on some kind of drinking or drugging binge?????

Do you realize you just admitted to starting a bait thread by rating my previous comment with FACT???? OR you're admitting that you are a dimwit??

Do you even know what day it is?

taking from one and giving to another isnt in the best interest of the general welfare,, its the exact opposite,,

You don't think rich people's taxes should go towards helping the poor? That's a shame. There was a time we did things your way. People starved. Today no one starves.

Are you on some kind of drinking or drugging binge?????

Do you realize you just admitted to starting a bait thread by rating my previous comment with FACT???? OR you're admitting that you are a dimwit??

Do you even know what day it is?
I admit I dimwittedly did what you are saying. I certainly didn't do it on purpose. Ignorantly innocently did it.

Guess you missed the "well regulated" prior to the militia part, didn't you? "Well regulated" means that there is order and a system in place. Doesn't mean that every idiot out there gets to have whatever weapons they want just because they feel like it.

The overall general welfare of the people. Social Security wasn't mentioned in the Constitution. Is it unconstitutional? Some of you think it is.

True Social Security isn't welfare........it's been paid into by hard working Americans.

SSI is a form of welfare that is given to those who have NOT worked the required number of hours/years to qualify for SS.

You don't think rich people's taxes should go towards helping the poor? That's a shame. There was a time we did things your way. People starved. Today no one starves.
if thats what they want to do with it,, it shouldnt be stolen at gun point,, especially from the feds,,

do you think it helps people to give them the fruits of other peoples labor when it ends up creating generations of useless people??

taxs are for paying the bills and expenses of government,, not pet projects to get votes,,,

First you said Democrats give the poor free shit to get them to vote Democratic. All I did was point out that Trump got a huge chunk of the uneducated blue collar vote.

A lot of them benefit from Democratic policies but still voted for Trump. Look how many union members voted for Trump.

My neighbor is a huge Trump supporter who's going to benefit from Biden's student forgiveness program. I heard that's not happening anymore but I believe Biden is still fighting for that dumb bitch. Has that been decided yet?

We have a system that pays for teenagers to have children. No father figures. This is massive. And has for many decades. We may not get rid of poverty. We can lower it.

Guess you missed the "well regulated" prior to the militia part, didn't you? "Well regulated" means that there is order and a system in place. Doesn't mean that every idiot out there gets to have whatever weapons they want just because they feel like it.
that order and system is to keep them well supplied to defend the people from any threat they may face,, not to restrict them to the point of being useless,,

The overall general welfare of the people. Social Security wasn't mentioned in the Constitution. Is it unconstitutional? Some of you think it is.
So how is redistribution good for the general population? How is some people getting free money and others not, considered "general welfare?"
General doesnt mean individual.
Welfare is a states issue.

A general welfare clause is a section that appears in many constitutions and in some charters and statutes that allows that the governing body empowered by the document to enact laws to promote the general welfare of the people, which is sometimes worded as the public welfare.

I can also show you that the first three words in the 2nd amendment starts off A Well Regulated...
That wording was usurped to gouge the taxpayer. We will call it welfare. It could mean to promote positive ways also. And Progs are not positive.

Then why would anyone ever give to charity of that's true?

Let me try and explain why we make rich people pay for the poor. They live in a country where that is the system. That was the system before they got rich and that's the system in which they got rich. Which means they may have even benefited from the way things were. Like Ben Carson got welfare. You see? The rich and middle class paid that money that Ben Carson benefited from.

Anyways, I guess my point is, the people who are rich today benefited from a society like the one you cry about. But now that they've made it to be rich, they want more tax breaks and they want to cut those very programs that they benefited from.

Pretty selfish of them huh?

Neither is SSI. And SNAP Id consider lowercase welfare as a broad description but it primarily goes to kids and single moms.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program? They give out free formula and groceries in the form of fresh fruit and veggies, as well as dairy products and bread for women to eat healthy during pregnancy and the formula for the infants to be healthy. You only get to enroll in that program if you are at very low income levels.

Incidentally, most E-5 and below in the military qualify for that program. I know I did, and I know I used it to help make ends meet while I was serving. Helped a lot!

Let me try and explain why we make rich people pay for the poor. They live in a country where that is the system. That was the system before they got rich and that's the system in which they got rich. Which means they may have even benefited from the way things were. Like Ben Carson got welfare. You see? The rich and middle class paid that money that Ben Carson benefited from.

Anyways, I guess my point is, the people who are rich today benefited from a society like the one you cry about. But now that they've made it to be rich, they want more tax breaks and they want to cut those very programs that they benefited from.

Only retards compare govt force to willful kindness.

you forgot to show where in the constitution that is our system??

like I said I have no problem is a state wants to do it,, it is with in their authority to do so,,

people give to charity because they want to,, not because they are forced too,,

Forum List

Back