16 year old gang boss shows gun control doesn't work, even in Britain.....but...gun control?

Yes they do. They limit the numbers of firearms available to the general public and they carefully vet those who want to own firearms to weed out those who may be psychologically prone to commit these atrocities. Criminals do not shoot up schools, malls, theatres, etc. So called "normal" people do this and our gun control laws have been effective so far, in weeding these people out.

These "illegal" guns you keep blathering on about are used by criminals to protect themselves against other criminals; very, very rarely do members of the general public get involved in such gun violence and that more by accident than design.

These "illegal" guns you keep blathering on about are used by criminals to protect themselves against other criminals; very, very rarely do members of the general public get involved in such gun violence and that more by accident than design.

And yet you fail to understand this is the same here in the U.S.........no different...stay out of tiny areas of democrat party controlled cities and you won't run into the criminals shooting each other.....don't date or marry them either...

Wrong......there are guns in Britain and since mass shooters plot and plan 6 months to two years in advance, securing a weapon wouldn't be an issue......

And, idiot....our criminals are no different, the vast majority of our gun murders are criminals murdered by other criminals......largely in democrat party controlled cities where they keep releasing them from prison, over and over again..

Total BS a usual from you. Read your own sources, they disprove your statement. Oh, and I'm still waiting for that direct link to the CDC actualy staing there are 1.1 million DGUs in the USA annually. You keep stating that so it shouldn't be a problem to provide the direct link I asked for... Although you used to post a 2.5 million figure until that was debunked, oh yes wasn't that Kleck, or Lott, or some other pseudo-scientist.

I gave you the story of the CDC.......they buried the study.......because it didn't discredit Kleck's work...but the research was finally found...

Government agencies don't stop research or bury studies that support their views......they bury the ones that go against what they are pushing....

The 2.5 million is the one the CDC and the Department of Justice tried to debunk...they couldn't......so the CDC buried their study, and the Department of Justice gave the number at 1.5 million......and the other 16 studies came out with rates just as high...

16 years old.....in Britain.....responsible for several shootings in a country that bans and confiscates guns...

Hmmm....did the British government forget to include 16 year old gang leaders under their gun control laws?

Harry O'Brien was just 16 when he was arrested for a series of violent and terrifying incidents linked to a drug-dealing 'graft line' in Dingle. O'Brien controlled a crew of dealers selling cannabis, but his "lucrative" trade was exposed after a "feud" led to three shootings in three weeks in South Liverpool.

One attack saw bullets fired from an Audi at a BMW, as the two cars raced side-by-side through the city at night. A stray bullet flew through the front door of an "entirely innocent" family's home and landed on their hallway stairs.
----

A gunman on an electric bike peppered a family's living room with bullets and fired into another victim's bedroom. Finally, O'Brien had petrol poured through the letterbox of a mum's home and set ablaze, as she and her children ran for their lives.
-----
Last week Liverpool Crown Court heard O'Brien planned and took part in all three shootings, "orchestrated the arson", and the cannabis plot was "his enterprise". David Temkin, QC, prosecuting, said: "Harry O'Brien was at the heart of the criminality in this case."

Michael McClean, then 16, and Aaron Donohoe, then 19, were his "lieutenants", given "managerial responsibility" over his drug trade. "Trusted" Daniel Lawler, 19, joined O'Brien in carrying out two of the shootings, which all involved the same Glock semi-automatic gun - never recovered by police.

Criminals in Britain use guns when they want to use guns.......the nature of British criminals is changing....they no longer respect British police or British laws.......
The real difference is that in GB if you use a gun in a crime you're going to a very unpleasant place for a very, very long time so most avoid their use.

At one time we had extreme penalties for using a firearm in connection with a crime but the bleeding hearts that that was too mean so for the last decade or so we've been slowly unraveling all of the good work done in the eighties and nineties to put a real hurt on violent crime, particularly gang violence and crime.

Total BS a usual from you. Read your own sources, they disprove your statement. Oh, and I'm still waiting for that direct link to the CDC actualy staing there are 1.1 million DGUs in the USA annually. You keep stating that so it shouldn't be a problem to provide the direct link I asked for... Although you used to post a 2.5 million figure until that was debunked, oh yes wasn't that Kleck, or Lott, or some other pseudo-scientist.
It was never debunked and the CDC tried to bury their results by not publishing the study they'd spent 10 Million putting together when they didn't like their own results.

It was never debunked and the CDC tried to bury their results by not publishing the study they'd spent 10 Million putting together when they didn't like their own results.

Thank you. So the CDC never stated that there were 1.1 million DGUs in the US every year, it was KLeck who suggested such a figure, so 2aGuy, lied. Thanks for proving that.

Well the uproarious laughter that greeted Kleck when he published forced him to withdraw the study and down grade the original numbers. The CDC never carried out a DGU survey, they added a DGU optional question for each state to add or not as it saw fit. Only a few states asked the question and the CDC found the data insufficient to draw any conclusions so just left the data on their publically accessable database, where Kleck came across it and used their figures to try to bolster his own "study".

Interesting snipet from your article, you realise if you look at each of these situations from the other side's perspective, in two cases, it can be argued that the people he encountered were legitimate DGUs,
While working undercover I have experienced potential lethal encounters on no fewer than three occasions. First, I had a shotgun pulled on me by a (suspect) who wanted me out of his “hood” in Downey. Second, I had a person try to carjack my undercover vehicle until I pulled my handgun to defend myself in Santa Ana. Third, I had to pull my weapon on a person who challenged my presence by threatening great bodily injury since I was on “his turf”—which was the public housing projects in Los Angeles.

Interesting snipet from your article, you realise if you look at each of these situations from the other side's perspective, in two cases, it can be argued that the people he encountered were legitimate DGUs,
While working undercover I have experienced potential lethal encounters on no fewer than three occasions. First, I had a shotgun pulled on me by a (suspect) who wanted me out of his “hood” in Downey. Second, I had a person try to carjack my undercover vehicle until I pulled my handgun to defend myself in Santa Ana. Third, I had to pull my weapon on a person who challenged my presence by threatening great bodily injury since I was on “his turf”—which was the public housing projects in Los Angeles.
No you can't. You cannot legally use or threaten the use of deadly force absent a clearly observable and articulable imminent and immediate grave bodily harm or death.

There is no legitimate use of force as long as the subject is lawfully present and acting in a lawful manner.

Felons with guns are neither.

No you can't. You cannot legally use or threaten the use of deadly force absent a clearly observable and articulable imminent and immediate grave bodily harm or death.

There is no legitimate use of force as long as the subject is lawfully present and acting in a lawful manner.

Felons with guns are neither.
Dream on. How many people in the US actually know or care about that. Stand your ground laws in the US, for example, are effectively licences to comit murder, all you have to do is say, "I felt my life was in danger"

Yes....you do.......guns are the most effective tool against violent criminals...anything else is second rate....

Again....

A woman wants a gun to prevent herself from being beaten, raped and murdered......in Britain, this is not a good reason to own and carry a gun.

A rich member of the House of Lords wants to take his drinking buddies to one of his many private estates to go bird hunting......according to the British government, this is a good reason to have a gun.

This makes sense to you.
Nobody is stupid enough to listen to American conservatives on the subject that's for sure... LOL.

Forum List

Back