$15 minimum wage would destroy 1.4 Million jobs

29 states already have ratified minimum wages higher than that of the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. one of which is Florida who will raise their minimum wage to $15 per hour. Red State voters approved it.

So we can expect massive unemployment in Florida pretty soon then, right?

You will have more unemployment but not massive. The real pain is the cost of living will increase. Everybody is going to demand money whether they work MW or not. It will cost more to buy products and get services. Some industries may move out of the state if their business model requires lower paying labor. Florida has the weather so that will keep a lot of people there, but most states don't have Florida's weather.

Sure... It was a good 4 years where you guys were not predicting the end of the world while your blob was in the White House. Good to see you've still got some pearls to clutch and a fainting couch to land on.

..it said that would help people out of poverty = total BULLSHIT..a lot of them are in poverty because they are STUPID/lazy/etc and don't know how to handle finances !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH

My experience is that many of them are on dope and don't have the discipline to quit. Better paying jobs often have random drug tests, so these people stay with lower wage jobs to continue their habit.

Sure... It was a good 4 years where you guys were not predicting the end of the world while your blob was in the White House. Good to see you've still got some pearls to clutch and a fainting couch to land on.

Not predicting it will be the end of the world now. What I am saying is MW workers are 3% of our workforce. If the wages go to $15.00, the other 97% are affected in a negative way. There will be more jobs leaving the country, more investments in automation, more outsourcing. It's just a terrible idea in general. New policy is something that should benefit most Americans, not a tiny group.

If a job can't pay even $15 an hour, then it's not a real job and doesn't need doing. In any case, China Joe is already flooding the country with the first waves of some 100 million 'refugees' by Christmas, so all you labor racketeers who have been stuffing your pockets with the gains from hiring criminal illegal aliens aren't going to be paying but maybe $5 an hour anyway, so quit snveling like little bitches having a bad hair day.

All jobs need doing, otherwise there would be no job offers. Minimum wage are not real jobs, they are starter jobs for kids, stay at home mothers and wives during school season, and perhaps retired people. If you want to make grown up money, you need to get a real job which means acquiring an education, skill, trade, or field of work.

Not any more, they're the majority of jobs created in the last 50 years when adjusted for inflation. Few jobs require any big giant skill set, All the high productivity jobs get out-sourced for the most part now, or to millions of green card holders. If you want 'grown up money', you rob a bank.

The minimum wage should be high enough so the working poor don't need social services.

Adjusted for real inflation, it would be around $20 an hour; going by the gold standard, it should be more or less around $30 an hour, which is why the corporate shills would rather run around claiming anybody with a real job is stupid and lazy than tell the truth. They still dream of getting rich gamvbling on market bubbles or using illegal alien labor. Then there are those who hate adjusitng for real mininum wage because they barely make over that themselves and they like to have people making far less so they can feel good about being stupid and working for chump change and pretend to be 'Speshul'.

The minimum wage should be high enough so the working poor don't need social services.

Adjusted for real inflation, it would be around $20 an hour; going by the gold standard, it should be more or less around $30 an hour, which is why the corporate shills would rather run around claiming anybody with a real job is stupid and lazy than tell the truth. They still dream of getting rich gambling on market bubbles or using illegal alien labor. Then there are those who hate adjusting for real minimum wage because they barely make over that themselves and they like to have people making far less so they can feel good about being stupid and working for chump change and pretend to be 'Speshul'.
Right wingers prefer to "hate on the Poor" than to actually solve our economic problems.

If a job can't pay even $15 an hour, then it's not a real job and doesn't need doing. In any case, China Joe is already flooding the country with the first waves of some 100 million 'refugees' by Christmas, so all you labor racketeers who have been stuffing your pockets with the gains from hiring criminal illegal aliens aren't going to be paying but maybe $5 an hour anyway, so quit snveling like little bitches having a bad hair day.

If a job can't pay even $15 an hour, then it's not a real job and doesn't need doing.

LOL!

Exactly right. Thanks for playing.

If a job can't pay even $15 an hour, then it's not a real job and doesn't need doing.

LOL!

Exactly right. Thanks for playing.

I enjoying laughing at idiots.

Not any more, they're the majority of jobs created in the last 50 years when adjusted for inflation. Few jobs require any big giant skill set, All the high productivity jobs get out-sourced for the most part now, or to millions of green card holders. If you want 'grown up money', you rob a bank.

No, you can do fine in many fields of work like construction and welding. Hell, before I retired, industry was hurting for drivers so badly they'd pay just about anything.

For how long? Everyone knows higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue. That is true in every long run equilibrium. For the short run, unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed can make it simpler for those who are unemployed
There's a John Maynard Keynes cult at the fed. It's all 100% Communist Party line propaganda with an end goal of abolishing America's monetary system for a Marxist paradise of public housing, universal basic income, and don't step on anybody's toes when you look for work and don't act like you can do your job any better than the next fellow because you're "fungible," i.e., fuckable and replaceable.

If there's a statutory minimum wage, that is the official opinion of the government that you don't need any more than that, and anything above that will be taxed away to level the playing field. Oh, yeah they closed the churches for COVID and there's a football game on Sunday, or it's a NASCAR race or something like that.

WOW you are a nutcase
That's the legal claim she's making when you have dangerous tools or machines on the job site.
, you can do fine in many fields of work like construction and welding
I do light framing, home remodel type work just fine. Helmet or something for the welder, but I'm just not the felon I'd need to be in order to join an all male labor union of uneducated fellows with strong opinions.
Hell, before I retired, industry was hurting for drivers so badly they'd pay just about anything
Nah. Anyone who commutes to work in a motor vehicle and hasn't been blackballed from the labor union can drive a truck. I'm just not on good enough terms with the Democrats to join that labor union and I can't tolerate the whores who service male truck drivers on the road at every shithole truck stop.

Nah. Anyone who commutes to work in a motor vehicle and hasn't been blackballed from the labor union can drive a truck. I'm just not on good enough terms with the Democrats to join that labor union and I can't tolerate the whores who service male truck drivers on the road at every shithole truck stop.

Not really. Driving a truck is a talent like anything else. Not all truck drivers are getting serviced. Most live honest respectable lives. Most driving jobs are non-union.

Not really. Driving a truck is a talent like anything else
People commute, say over an hour each way every day in rush hour traffic in very large vehicles — if they aren't quite commercial drivers — if you're the kind of person who enjoys the commute more than the job, maybe it's just as well to keep on trucking.
Not all truck drivers are getting serviced
The trucks themselves on the other hand, do need to be properly serviced oil, brakes, tires, shocks, wheel bearings, wash-and-wax once in a while that kind of thing if you aren't a full blown diesel mechanic yourself.
Most live honest respectable lives.
There are couples who do long haul truck driving together, and why not? It's basically an RV, haul a load in a trailer or two to pay for the lifestyle.
Most driving jobs are non-union
Sometimes it's a contract (my cousin got into trucking) or else you buy a tanker full of oil or coal whatever on the spot in North Dakota or wherever they're fracking, drive it to a refinery or a train station or a port find a customer or another shipper who will offer you a profit on it for the cost of the journey.

And this is according to the Far Left CBO.

Undoubtably it would be a lot more.

Any poor person who needs to work deserves this shit sandwich they are being served- if they actually voted for the Dems.

For how long? Everyone knows higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue. That is true in every long run equilibrium. For the short run, unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed can make it simpler for those who are unemployed.
They said that the last time they raised minimum wage

I actually think this is one of the very few Democrat policies that is genuinely well-intended but it's not well thought out at all (for all the reasons named in the report).

A minimum wage (in principle) is a great idea but in practice it's not as it seems.

In the UK the minimum wage is something like £8.70 an hour (at a guess that's what? 12 dollars?) but I sometimes think to myself that if there's companies here who were planning on paying their employee's £10 an hour, they just lower it to £8.70 an hour because that's all they are obligated to do and there can be no complaints because it's in line with what every other company does and there's no heat on the company that way.

It also hinders proper wage increases in line with inflation and interest rates because the companies just wait until the Government, in their budget, increase the minimum wage by 0.20 an hour or something every couple of years and that's the companies work done for them.

There's pro's and con's I suppose but it's not always the good idea it's made out.

I actually think this is one of the very few Democrat policies that is genuinely well-intended but it's not well thought out at all (for all the reasons named in the report).

Let me tell you the truth. A Democrat never does a thing unless it directly or indirectly benefits them or their party.

A minimum wage (in principle) is a great idea but in practice it's not as it seems.

In the UK the minimum wage is something like £8.70 an hour (at a guess that's what? 12 dollars?) but I sometimes think to myself that if there's companies here who were planning on paying their employee's £10 an hour, they just lower it to £8.70 an hour because that's all they are obligated to do and there can be no complaints because it's in line with what every other company does and there's no heat on the company that way.

It also hinders proper wage increases in line with inflation and interest rates because the companies just wait until the Government, in their budget, increase the minimum wage by 0.20 an hour or something every couple of years and that's the companies work done for them.

There's pro's and con's I suppose but it's not always the good idea it's made out.

The difference is Europe has more solidarity with their workers than we do. What we do is look for the cheapest price, and to hell where it's made. We will buy some cheap Chinese junk over our own if it can save us a buck or two. To hell with the American workers who lose their job over it.

In fact at the beginning of this pandemic, I read where Italy was hit the hardest. They imported workers from China, particularly Wuhan. They work for less money, and the citizens of Italy resist buying products unless it has a Made In Italy label on it. It's against the law to put that label on any product that isn't made there. So they flew people in to work.

What happens if this were ever to pass is it would create a domino effect. In other words, you can't raise wages for just one group of people. Everybody will then demand a huge wage increase. When that happens, the American consumer will buy even more imported crap and put more American companies out of business, or force more of them out of the country.

Forum List

Back