$15 hour minimum wage on the ballot for Florida

Claudette

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Seems Morgan and Morgan a high powered attorney office want the minimum wage brought up to $15 an hour.

Holy shit. I make a little more than that and have a professional job. Some burger flipper will be making as much as I do. I can already see the price of everything going up, up and up.

I was making fifteen an hour in the 1990's why is labor wages so low?

Well you told everyone you own your own company so you can make as much as you want.

A $15 minimum wage would hike the price of everything up. Many small businesses won't be able to hire anyone. Not good.

Fascists love telling business owners what to do with their private property.
Then everyone in govt. is a fascist including the president because he tells people what to do all the time.
Our govt is one big totalitarian entity that try to gain more power by every bill they pass. Have been doing so since Lincoln showed how the masses are such sheep.

Seems Morgan and Morgan a high powered attorney office want the minimum wage brought up to $15 an hour.

Holy shit. I make a little more than that and have a professional job. Some burger flipper will be making as much as I do. I can already see the price of everything going up, up and up.
$25 per hour is self-sufficiency in Florida, the wage needed to afford shelter and basic necessities. $15 is perfectly appropriate and warranted.

$25 per hour is self-sufficiency in Florida, the wage needed to afford shelter and basic necessities. $15 is perfectly appropriate and warranted.

What happens when businesses are forced to pay people $15 an hour for $9 worth of added value?

You wouldn't say that if you were a small business owner who needed to hire. $15 is way to much.

No one could afford to pay that so no one would get hired. Not a good thing.

Must be voting my mail like 145,000 republican's have so far in Florida. Yep, your a professional and just like the majority of professional's in Florida are willing to accept your lower than the rest of the nation for that same job. BTW it probably will pass but as you know very well the state legislature will take it and make their own rules as they have in the past with medicinal marijuana and felons voting.

Well you told everyone you own your own company so you can make as much as you want.

A $15 minimum wage would hike the price of everything up. Many small businesses won't be able to hire anyone. Not good.
Nonsense.

$15 would allow some to no longer to need to participate in public assistance programs.

You wouldn't say that if you were a small business owner who needed to hire. $15 is way to much.

No one could afford to pay that so no one would get hired. Not a good thing.

They keep forgetting the actual minimum wage is $0.

What happens when businesses are forced to pay people $15 an hour for $9 worth of added value?

He doesn't care. I guess he's to stupid to realize no one would hire if they had to pay that as minimum wage. Hell he thinks $25 should be the minimum wage.

No one was ever supposed to earn a living at minimum wage. Hell that was for kids during summer break.

He doesn't care. I guess he's to stupid to realize no one would hire if they had to pay that as minimum wage. Hell he thinks $25 should be the minimum wage.

No one was ever supposed to earn a living at minimum wage. Hell that was for kids during summer break.

or for people with zero skills working their way out of a bad situation, where they improve their skill level and earn more than the minimum via improved added value.

Nonsense.

$15 would allow some to no longer to need to participate in public assistance programs.

What a load of crap that is. No one will hire someone and pay them $15 as a minimum wage.

Doesn't hit $15 until 2026 by then your prices will have already gone up. Many businesses will demand employee's to be more productive or hit the road while downsizing a little. Many worker's down here could use a kick in the ass from what I've seen the past 30 years, they have always worked at their own pace.

Doesn't hit $15 until 2026 by then your prices will have already gone up. Many businesses will demand employee's to be more productive or hit the road while downsizing a little. Many worker's down here could use a kick in the ass from what I've seen the past 30 years, they have always worked at their own pace.

That's true but it will cause cost hikes for everyone and no one will hire someone at $15 minimum wage.

Inflation currently isn't at a rate that would lessen the added value/$15 minimum issue.

The thing is if companies do make employees do more, then it defeats the purpose of the law, which is to give the most useless employees a raise.

I used to own fast food franchise in the 80's and early 90's and when there was a minimum wage increase you bump up every drink approximately 5 cents and add less than a $1.00 on every other product and usually no one notices back then.

Forum List

Back