15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have never made a serious attempt at trying to see a best possible perception of God.

If you had you would understand that God is not a noun but a verb.
Makes sense since I'm an atheist and if "God is not a noun but a verb" then please supply some sentences using "God" (a proper noun obviously) as a verb.. for my entertainment alone :auiqs.jpg:
God is love. God is truth. God is logic. God is intelligence. God is consciousness. God is reality. God is existence.
All nouns. The only verb there being "is", dummy.

We have good reason to believe that we find ourselves in a universe Permeated with life, in which life Arises Inevitably, given enough time, wherever the conditions exist that make it possible. Yet were any one of a number of the physical properties of our universe otherwise - some of them basic, others seemingly trivial, almost accidental - that life, which seems now to be so prevalent, would become impossible, here or anywhere. It takes no great imagination to conceive of other possible universes, each stable and workable in itself, yet lifeless. How is it that, with so many other apparent options, we are in a universe that possesses just that peculiar nexus of properties that breeds beings that know and create.
So you AGREE with the Slimy pond!
In fact, and according to you, life is plentiful because of the mere elements and conditions.
There is no evidence however linking that to any divinity.

What a spectacular Moron you are.
Alert you allies.
`
The genetic code is evidence of God as codes that rearrange matter do do things not in accordance with deposition of that matter according to atomic weight require a material rearrangement not according to physical laws. So life creating itself is an unscientific parable
Neither would matter's crystallization into different types of rock by that logic.
Wrong. Show me the code for that?

You want to see the code for life? It's called DNA.

You have never made a serious attempt at trying to see a best possible perception of God.

Makes sense since I'm an atheist and if "God is not a noun but a verb" then please supply some sentences using "God" (a proper noun obviously) as a verb.. for my entertainment alone :auiqs.jpg:
God is love. God is truth. God is logic. God is intelligence. God is consciousness. God is reality. God is existence.
Which are incorporeal, dummy.

aaaa haaaa!

We have good reason to believe that we find ourselves in a universe Permeated with life, in which life Arises Inevitably, given enough time, wherever the conditions exist that make it possible. Yet were any one of a number of the physical properties of our universe otherwise - some of them basic, others seemingly trivial, almost accidental - that life, which seems now to be so prevalent, would become impossible, here or anywhere. It takes no great imagination to conceive of other possible universes, each stable and workable in itself, yet lifeless. How is it that, with so many other apparent options, we are in a universe that possesses just that peculiar nexus of properties that breeds beings that know and create.
So you AGREE with the Slimy pond!
In fact, and according to you, life is plentiful because of the mere elements and conditions.
There is no evidence however linking that to any divinity.

What a spectacular Moron you are.
Alert you allies.
`
The genetic code is evidence of God as codes that rearrange matter do do things not in accordance with deposition of that matter according to atomic weight require a material rearrangement not according to physical laws. So life creating itself is an unscientific parable
Neither would matter's crystallization into different types of rock by that logic.
Wrong. Show me the code for that?

You want to see the code for life? It's called DNA.
Yep, definitely illiterate!

aaaa haaaa!
And still not verbs, idjit.

aaaa haaaa!
And still not verbs, idjit.
The idiot is the one who let's society define right and wrong instead of logic.

The idiot is the one who let's society define right and wrong instead of logic.
Sounds as though you really don't like being the idiot. Then stop concocting such non sequitur assertions. No one's suggested anything like that false dichotomy but you.

This part 3 regarding the Evolutionist and his misconceptions: 15 Answers to Evolutionist Misconceptions (Part 3) | Biblical Science Institute

Religionists have a problem with retreating to magic and supernaturalism as answers to contingent reality because magic and supernaturalism don’t actually address the questions.

Religionists such as Lisle who are associated with charlatans at AIG would do well to offer something more than “.... it’s supernatural”.

So how do you explain the starlight problem when you believe in a 6-day creation 6000 years ago? Lisle’s solution is simple: “creation was supernatural, therefore cannot be understood scientifically.” So the inerrancy of the Bible is actually an axiom. He even published a paper in AiG’s “Answers Research Journal” claiming to have a more sophisticated solution and emphasizing that critics should have an open mind. The argument in the paper is: “The Bible must be true. Genesis says the stars were created simultaneously, on Day Four, 6000 years ago. This conflicts with relativity. Therefore relativity is wrong. Therefore The Bible must be true.” Even the dimmest student would spot the problem here, but Lisle proudly points out that “So far, no one has published in a peer-reviewed journal any criticism of this model.” [hat tip Rationalwiki]. It’s all like the weirdest sort of Alex Jones conspiracy, really – anything is taken to confirm the preheld view, even when it’s evidence against it.
Because Erev does not mean Evening and Boker does not mean Morning.
Erev is an unresolved Mixture and Boker is Clarity.
There was also no sun until the 4th day so no one knows how long the 3 cycles of Mixture and Clarity were.
I'm sorry, I missed this. You may also wish to consider the following perspective: Evening and Morning (Genesis 1) – Deeper Christian

^
What is fascinating about the words “evening” and “morning” is that they convey more than mere times of the day.

Evening
The word in Hebrew for “evening” is erev (or ereb). It does mean darkness, dusk, evening, and sunset, but it came out of the understanding of obscurity, mixture, chaos, increasing entropy.

When the day approaches evening, things increasingly get obscured, it becomes hard to see, darkness (chaos) encroaches, and there is seeming movement toward disorder (entropy). The word came to mean “evening” because of this.

Morning
The morning is the opposite of evening. Sunlight pierces the darkness and things become discernible. Entropy decreases, visibility is restored, and a seeming order ensues. This is why the Hebrew word boker (or boqer) came to mean “morning.”
Fascinating indeed that
  • Erev does, in fact, mean Evening - the direct opposite of Indeependent's claim
  • Boker does, in fact, mean Morning - the direct opposite of Indeependent's claim
  • Just never you mind there being no "Sun, Moon, & Stars" until "the fourth day"
  • How "obscure" is used to obscure the No light so how could anyone tell? question
  • Indeed, no light > "hard to see" | light > "things become discernible" > "visibility is restored"
  • "entropy" is depicted and employed opposite to its actual meaning
  • In reality, "Sunlight" produces warmth > greater "entropy," "chaos," "mixture," less "order"

In addition to getting entropy completely backwards, as in the example provided by LittleNipper above, esalla and ding have been getting it wrong as well, arguing that "life" and "DNA"("code") reduce entropy. That is true only in a sense and within closed systems which don't actually exist. In reality, all systems are open. One must account for the energy being provided by the environment which is always greater than any return from local increases in order. That is true even from their classic "closed universe" thermodynamic perspective. No perpetual motion machinery allowed.

Life is truly in the struggle and that struggle mostly boils down to combating entropy. Life is entropy. Only increasingly so with age. Embrace it. Engage it. Don't waste your life believing and preaching a bunch of happy nonsense just because life is hard and ends in rot. It is. It does. So what? Put on your big boy/gal pants and start dealing with it at face value. All we've really got is each other. Safety in numbers. Two heads better than one. Sharing. Empathy. Trust. Working together rather than fomenting false division and war. Increasing overall happiness always being our task.

In addition to getting entropy completely backwards, as in the example provided by LittleNipper above, esalla and ding have been getting it wrong as well, arguing that "life" and "DNA"("code") reduce entropy. That is true only in a sense and within closed systems which don't actually exist. In reality, all systems are open. One must account for the energy being provided by the environment which is always greater than any return from local increases in order. That is true even from their classic "closed universe" thermodynamic perspective. No perpetual motion machinery allowed.

Life is truly in the struggle and that struggle mostly boils down to combating entropy. Life is entropy. Only increasingly so with age. Embrace it. Engage it. Don't waste your life believing and preaching a bunch of happy nonsense just because life is hard and ends in rot. It is. It does. So what? Put on your big boy/gal pants and start dealing with it at face value. All we've really got is each other. Safety in numbers. Two heads better than one. Sharing. Empathy. Trust. Working together rather than fomenting false division and war. Increasing overall happiness always being our task.

“Sharing. Empathy. Trust.”

How dare you!

Burn in Hell sinner.

Ok. Wait for the verse to come around...
Jesus loves me, this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong

No. I don't argue that, dummy.

The biological laws are such that life is programmed to survive and multiply which is a requisite for intelligence to arise. If the purpose of the universe was to create intelligence then a preference in nature for it had to exist. The Laws of Nature are such that the potential for intelligence to existed the moment space and time were created. One can argue that given the laws of nature and the size of the universe that intelligence arising was inevitable. One can also argue that creating intelligence from nothing defies the Second Law of Entropy. That creating intelligence from nothing increases order within the universe. It actually doesn't because usable energy was lost along the way as a cost of creating order from disorder. But it is nature overriding it's tendency for ever increasing disorder that interests me and raises my suspicions to look deeper and to take seriously the proposition that a mind without a body created the material world so that minds with bodies could create too.

“Sharing. Empathy. Trust.”

How dare you!

Burn in Hell sinner.

Ok. Wait for the verse to come around...
Jesus loves me, this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong
He doesn't walk the talk and neither do you.

One must account for the energy being provided by the environment which is always greater than any return from local increases in order.
That is an incorrect way of looking at it. The proper way of stating it is that there are no 100% efficient processes and usable energy will be lost in each transaction.

What you said was that energy won’t be gained. It also won’t stay the same, dummy.

Granted, I was being kind. What you really argued was even dumber, dummy.
One must account for the energy being provided by the environment which is always greater than any return from local increases in order.
That is an incorrect way of looking at it. The proper way of stating it is that there are no 100% efficient processes and usable energy will be lost in each transaction.

What you said was that energy won’t be gained. It also won’t stay the same, dummy.
I'll just leave that for others to evaluate. I always just find your pretenses of having a clue hilarious.

Granted, I was being kind. What you really argued was even dumber, dummy.

I'll just leave that for others to evaluate. I always just find your pretenses of having a clue hilarious.
No. That was you bearing false witness against me. Not you being kind. It was the opposite of you being kind, dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back