14 prior arrests...and shoots cop with a gun 4 days after being released, judges are the problem...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Guns are not the problem....criminals and the judges who let them out of jail are the problem.....

4 days out of jail on a car jacking and felony possession of an illegal gun charge.....and he gets a gun faster than normal people can.......

Suspect with 14 prior arrests released from jail 4 days before shooting Philly cop

The 23-year-old man who is facing charges for shooting a Philadelphia police officer following a carjacking Sunday night has a lengthy criminal record and, in fact, was released after being jailed on gun charges less than one week prior to Sunday’s shooting.

Scott Griffin, 23, was arrested in March after he was found to be in possession of a firearm while in a stolen vehicle.

His preliminary hearing was scheduled for last Wednesday, but according to a local NBC affiliate, when two witnesses failed to come to court, the case was dismissed and Griffin, who has 14 prior arrests and four open cases for drugs and guns, was set free.

Four days later, on Sunday, Griffin and an accomplice, 20-year-old Samir Coyett, robbed one man and carjacked a woman at gunpoint.

After the woman’s car was stolen, she came in contact with Officer James McCullough, who subsequently went to the vehicle and confronted Griffin. The confrontation quickly turned physical and Griffin fled the scene. Officer McCullough pursued Griffin, as Covett ran in another direction. Covett, who has three prior arrests, was eventually apprehended by authorities. But during McCullough’s pursuit, Griffin turned and fired a gun at the officer, striking him in the thigh.

Pedro Espinosa got a gun and killed Jamile Shaw 24 hours after he was released from prison.

I just read a thing on gang crime and Chicago's murder rates. According to the stats I saw like 75% of murderers had a prior record. To me, that says the system there isn't deterring criminal behavior... (Also, 60% of the murders were gang related, that's messed.)

Forum List

Back