14 and 17 year old injured in shooting, why can't guns be banned?

It wasn't the same as here...since their culture didn't create criminals that commit murder. Now....their welfare culture can no longer civilize their young males...their violent crime rate is going through the roof and gun crime in London is up 42%....

While in the United States?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Concealed carry permit number....
New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

actual study...

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2017 by John R. Lott :: SSRN

So is your contention that the reduction in crime rate is completely, or even mostly the result of more guns? What a goof.
You keep claiming firearms cause MORE murder more violence yet in the States that is FLATLY proven wrong since the number of firearms went UP and crime went DOWN dumb ass.

The amount of guns is only one factor in the crime rate.

No....the gun crime rate is what we are discussing here...and in london it went up 42% just last year and is up all over Britain.....after they banned and confiscated guns....the exact opposite of what we did here...and our gun crime rate went down 75%...our gun murder rate went down 49%.....

Still just 0.23 gun deaths per 100,000 people. You can't whine your way past that.

Moron.....what part of the truth do you just not understand.

They had a low gun crime rate before they banned and confiscated guns.....they had a low gun murder rate before they banned and confiscated guns...

Now....their gun crime rate is going up...and their gun murder rate did not go down, it in fact went up.........so keeping law abiding people from owning and carrying guns did not lower their gun crime rate......what part of that fact is just to big for your little brain?

Don't try to bring logic and reason into this. A full blown gun nut is trying to make a point. Just sit back and watch the amazing contortions he goes through.

Only a complete imbecile would think like that. Only an abject moron would repeat the same mistake that our Constitution sought to help the people of a nation avoid. But your biggest mistake is thinking that the foundation of gun ownership in the US is based on personal protection.

Maybe if you ever did some reading you'd learn what the real purpose of gun ownership is.
But that''d be like asking a camel to talk nuclear physics.....

Maybe if you spent some time in Venezuela you'd get it. Keep pushing....you'll end up in your own Venezuela sucking some dictators boots, idiot.

People that blame guns for violence are at the bottom of the freaking IQ barrel. Excuse me, UNDER the barrel.

I don't have a problem with guns. I have several myself. I have a problem with them being present in every thing you do and every place you go. Gun nuts who think they need to be armed 24/7 scare me to death. Back when the NRA was more concerned with gun safety instead of gun sales, they said guns should be safely stored away unless you were going to or from a reasonable place where you intended to use them. (Practice, hunting, etc.) My 6 year old niece's dance recital is not a reasonable place to be armed. It is not reasonable for guns to be present when I stop at a convenience store to get a loaf of bread. Guns are great if they are kept and used in reasonable, safe places. Even Old Tombstone made you check your gun when you came to town. The OK Corral wasn't a corral. It was an alley, and the gunfight happened as the Marshall was enforcing the gun check law on someone who refused to check his gun. Gun nuts were dangerous back then too.

So.......crime only happens when you are at home......got it. Convenience stores are never robbed....the clerks never murdered....got it.

How did you develop your psychic abilities.....that tell you where and when a gun is and isn't needed? The rest of us would love to know.....

Gun safety.....you mean like this? Asswipe....

NRA’s Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program Reaches 30 Million Children

It's a shame that they don't teach that a gun in public is not supposed to be a fashion statement, or a political point.

So is your contention that the reduction in crime rate is completely, or even mostly the result of more guns? What a goof.
You keep claiming firearms cause MORE murder more violence yet in the States that is FLATLY proven wrong since the number of firearms went UP and crime went DOWN dumb ass.

No....the gun crime rate is what we are discussing here...and in london it went up 42% just last year and is up all over Britain.....after they banned and confiscated guns....the exact opposite of what we did here...and our gun crime rate went down 75%...our gun murder rate went down 49%.....

Still just 0.23 gun deaths per 100,000 people. You can't whine your way past that.

They had a low gun crime rate before they banned and confiscated guns.....they had a low gun murder rate before they banned and confiscated guns...

Now....their gun crime rate is going up...and their gun murder rate did not go down, it in fact went up.........so keeping law abiding people from owning and carrying guns did not lower their gun crime rate......what part of that fact is just to big for your little brain?

0.23 per 100,000

Don't try to bring logic and reason into this. A full blown gun nut is trying to make a point. Just sit back and watch the amazing contortions he goes through.

Only a complete imbecile would think like that. Only an abject moron would repeat the same mistake that our Constitution sought to help the people of a nation avoid. But your biggest mistake is thinking that the foundation of gun ownership in the US is based on personal protection.

Maybe if you ever did some reading you'd learn what the real purpose of gun ownership is.

Maybe if you spent some time in Venezuela you'd get it. Keep pushing....you'll end up in your own Venezuela sucking some dictators boots, idiot.

People that blame guns for violence are at the bottom of the freaking IQ barrel. Excuse me, UNDER the barrel.

I don't have a problem with guns. I have several myself. I have a problem with them being present in every thing you do and every place you go. Gun nuts who think they need to be armed 24/7 scare me to death. Back when the NRA was more concerned with gun safety instead of gun sales, they said guns should be safely stored away unless you were going to or from a reasonable place where you intended to use them. (Practice, hunting, etc.) My 6 year old niece's dance recital is not a reasonable place to be armed. It is not reasonable for guns to be present when I stop at a convenience store to get a loaf of bread. Guns are great if they are kept and used in reasonable, safe places. Even Old Tombstone made you check your gun when you came to town. The OK Corral wasn't a corral. It was an alley, and the gunfight happened as the Marshall was enforcing the gun check law on someone who refused to check his gun. Gun nuts were dangerous back then too.

Guns are great if they are kept and used in reasonable, safe places.

So.....you are telling us you don't need a gun to go out....like to a Taco Bell for dinner....right? Dumb ass.....

Taco Bell employees shoot, kill armed robbery suspect

Three employees at a Cleveland Taco Bell shot and killed a suspect during an attempted robbery, according to police.

Officers responded to the restaurant on W. 117th street at 2:45 a.m. Wednesday morning for a report of a robbery with shots fired.

When police arrived, they found a suspect with multiple gunshot wounds. Officers administered first aid until EMS arrived. The suspect later died at MetroHealth Medical Center. The medical examiner later identified the suspect as 24-year-old Cleveland resident De'Carlo Jackson.

Another man, believed to be Jackson's accomplice, had already taken off by the time officers arrived.

Police say a preliminary investigation indicates that three Taco Bell employees, all armed, shot at the two suspects after they came into the restaurant wearing masks and ordered the employees to the ground at gunpoint.

Even Old Tombstone made you check your gun when you came to town. The OK Corral wasn't a corral. It was an alley, and the gunfight happened as the Marshall was enforcing the gun check law on someone who refused to check his gun.

Are you actually stupid...or do you just pretend to be stupid when you post....the Tombstone concept shows just how stupid you are.....they had gun control in Tombstone....and the criminals ignored the law.......as your fucking post shows, dumbass......the law abiding obeyed the stupid gun control laws, the criminals didn't...even Doc Holiday ignored the gun laws...dumb ass......try actually understanding what you are posting....it would help...a lot....

0.23 per 100,000

Boy...the stupid is strong with you.....

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns. Knife crime has also jumped by 20% to 34,703 incidents – the highest level for seven years. The largest increase in knife crime came in London, which accounted for 40% of the rise.

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

Even Old Tombstone made you check your gun when you came to town. The OK Corral wasn't a corral. It was an alley, and the gunfight happened as the Marshall was enforcing the gun check law on someone who refused to check his gun.

Are you actually stupid...or do you just pretend to be stupid when you post....the Tombstone concept shows just how stupid you are.....they had gun control in Tombstone....and the criminals ignored the law.......as your fucking post shows, dumbass......the law abiding obeyed the stupid gun control laws, the criminals didn't...even Doc Holiday ignored the gun laws...dumb ass......try actually understanding what you are posting....it would help...a lot....

Yes, the criminal ignored the law, and the Marshall and his deputies took it away from him. Doc Holiday was a sworn in temporary policeman. He was supposed to carry a gun. Dumb ass 0.23 per 100,000

0.23 per 100,000

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns. Knife crime has also jumped by 20% to 34,703 incidents – the highest level for seven years. The largest increase in knife crime came in London, which accounted for 40% of the rise.

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

The number of gun deaths in the UK is about the same as are killed in agricultural accidents, or falling from ladders in the US. They are doing something right.

Yes, the criminal ignored the law, and the Marshall and his deputies took it away from him. Doc Holiday was a sworn in temporary policeman. He was supposed to carry a gun. Dumb ass 0.23 per 100,000

No moron........the criminals ignored the law....and no Holiday was not a sworn officer when he was breaking the law carrying guns....moron.

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of many people who ignored Tombstone gun control....and he was a good guy....

Joyce ordered Holliday removed from the saloon but would not return Holliday's revolver. But Holliday returned carrying a double-action revolver. Milt brandished a pistol and threatened Holliday, but Holliday shot Joyce in the palm, disarming him, and then shot Joyce's business partner William Parker in the big toe

-----

Boyle later testified he noticed Ike was armed and covered his gun for him. Boyle later said that Ike told him, "'As soon as the Earps and Doc Holliday showed themselves on the street, the ball would open—that they would have to fight'...

------

Later in the morning, Ike picked up his rifle and revolver from the West End Corral, where he had deposited his weapons and stabled his wagon and team after entering town.

By noon that day, Ike was still drinking and once-again armed in violation of the city ordinance against carrying firearms in the city.

--------

Tom McLaury's concealed weapon[edit]

Outside the court house where Ike was being fined, Wyatt almost walked into 28 year-old Tom McLaury as the two men were brought up short nose-to-nose. Tom, who had arrived in town the day before, was required by the well-known city ordinance to deposit his pistol when he first arrived in town.

When Wyatt demanded, "Are you heeled or not?", McLaury said he was not armed. Wyatt testified that he saw arevolver in plain sight on the right hip of Tom's pants

----------

Billy and Frank stopped first at the Grand Hotel on Allen Street, and were greeted by Doc Holliday. They learned immediately after of their brothers' beatings by the Earps within the previous two hours. The incidents had generated a lot of talk in town. Angrily, Frank said he would not drink, and he and Billy left the saloon immediately to seek Tom.

By law, both Frank and Billy should have left their firearms at the Grand Hotel. Instead, they remained fully armed.[2]:49[57]:190

--------

Virgil testified afterward that he thought he saw all four men, Ike Clanton, Billy Clanton, Frank McLaury, and Tom McLaury, buying cartridges.[79] Wyatt said that he saw Billy Clanton and Frank McLaury in Spangenberger's gun and hardware store on 4th Street filling theirgun belts with cartridges

Hmmmmmmmm...doesn't seem like the Tombstone gun control laws worked so far...

Virgil initially avoided a confrontation with the newly arrived Frank McLaury and Billy Clanton, who had not yet deposited their weapons at a hotel or stable as the law required.

------------

At about 2:30 pm he saw Ike, Frank, Tom, and Billy gathered off Fremont street. Behan attempted to persuade Frank McLaury to give up his weapons, but Frank insisted that he would only give up his guns after City Marshal Virgil Earp and his brothers were disarmed.[81]

-----------

Citizens reported to Virgil on the Cowboys' movements that Ike and Tom had left their livery stable and returned to town while armed, in violation of the city ordinance.

0.23 per 100,000

The number of gun deaths in the UK is about the same as are killed in agricultural accidents, or falling from ladders in the US. They are doing something right.

No moron....their gun crime is growing...the nature of their criminals is changing...dumb ass.....

The British are underfunding their police, handicapping them with political correctness, and understaffing the officers on the street...all while the criminals are becoming increasingly violent and murderous......

Government "betrays" Merseyside by offering NO extra cash for gun crime battle

The government will NOT provide extra funding to Merseyside Police as it bids to tackle the growing surge of gun crime across the region.

In July, campaigning MP Maria Eagle was told by the Home Office that a new ‘package of support’ would be sent to the struggling force which has found its ability to deal with a shocking spate of shootings hampered by swingeing cuts to its budget and reduced staffing numbers.

Yes, the criminal ignored the law,

Yes....exactly...that is what we keep fucking telling you and you just don't get it....

Law abiding people who own and carry guns do not increase the crime rate, you moron....

0.23 per 100,000

You still don't get it....

No moron........the criminals ignored the law....and no Holiday was not a sworn officer when he was breaking the law carrying guns....moron.

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of many people who ignored Tombstone gun control....and he was a good guy....

Joyce ordered Holliday removed from the saloon but would not return Holliday's revolver. But Holliday returned carrying a double-action revolver. Milt brandished a pistol and threatened Holliday, but Holliday shot Joyce in the palm, disarming him, and then shot Joyce's business partner William Parker in the big toe

-----

Boyle later testified he noticed Ike was armed and covered his gun for him. Boyle later said that Ike told him, "'As soon as the Earps and Doc Holliday showed themselves on the street, the ball would open—that they would have to fight'...

------

Later in the morning, Ike picked up his rifle and revolver from the West End Corral, where he had deposited his weapons and stabled his wagon and team after entering town.

By noon that day, Ike was still drinking and once-again armed in violation of the city ordinance against carrying firearms in the city.

--------

Tom McLaury's concealed weapon[edit]

Outside the court house where Ike was being fined, Wyatt almost walked into 28 year-old Tom McLaury as the two men were brought up short nose-to-nose. Tom, who had arrived in town the day before, was required by the well-known city ordinance to deposit his pistol when he first arrived in town.

When Wyatt demanded, "Are you heeled or not?", McLaury said he was not armed. Wyatt testified that he saw arevolver in plain sight on the right hip of Tom's pants

----------

Billy and Frank stopped first at the Grand Hotel on Allen Street, and were greeted by Doc Holliday. They learned immediately after of their brothers' beatings by the Earps within the previous two hours. The incidents had generated a lot of talk in town. Angrily, Frank said he would not drink, and he and Billy left the saloon immediately to seek Tom.

By law, both Frank and Billy should have left their firearms at the Grand Hotel. Instead, they remained fully armed.[2]:49[57]:190

--------

Virgil testified afterward that he thought he saw all four men, Ike Clanton, Billy Clanton, Frank McLaury, and Tom McLaury, buying cartridges.[79] Wyatt said that he saw Billy Clanton and Frank McLaury in Spangenberger's gun and hardware store on 4th Street filling theirgun belts with cartridges

Hmmmmmmmm...doesn't seem like the Tombstone gun control laws worked so far...

Virgil initially avoided a confrontation with the newly arrived Frank McLaury and Billy Clanton, who had not yet deposited their weapons at a hotel or stable as the law required.

------------

At about 2:30 pm he saw Ike, Frank, Tom, and Billy gathered off Fremont street. Behan attempted to persuade Frank McLaury to give up his weapons, but Frank insisted that he would only give up his guns after City Marshal Virgil Earp and his brothers were disarmed.[81]

-----------

Citizens reported to Virgil on the Cowboys' movements that Ike and Tom had left their livery stable and returned to town while armed, in violation of the city ordinance.
You really should read your own links goober.

upload_2017-9-8_22-31-40.png

Yes....exactly...that is what we keep fucking telling you and you just don't get it....

Law abiding people who own and carry guns do not increase the crime rate, you moron....

Y...why can't they ban guns......?

Without guns folks are unprotected, governments can do anything they please without resistance of people.
Look Europa where communist dictators replace indigenous by IQ60 Muslim parasites, robe them by Euro,
force communism.

Merkel alone broke all possible laws and allowed 3m illiterate Muslims coming in.

Yes Great Britain is just the old wild west now days. They have 0.23 gun deaths from all causes (murder, accidental, suicide, etc) per 100,000 people, per year. We have 10.54 per 100,000 people . From the massive difference in those numbers, it's obvious they made the right call

Here we go again adding suicide in as if it's just as important as murder.

Suicide is not a crime it is a choice.

Our gun murder rate is something like 3 per 100000

But beyond the absolute numbers a historical look is more telling.

Both the US and the UK have virtually the same murder rate as they both did in 1950.

The UK has passed many very strict gun laws since the 1960's and the murder rate has not gone below the rate before all the gun laws.

It is a pretty safe assumption that gun laws do not reduce murder rates. If they did then wouldn't the murder rate be lower than it was before all the UK gun laws were passed?

Except....banning and confiscating guns didn't reduce their gun murder rate....it was low before they put it into law, and then it went up after they passed it....so it failed.....

Oh, no, he's going to spooge gun nut propaganda!

Now...their gun crime rate in London is up 42%....our gun crime rate went down 75% since the 90s......and their violent crime rate is through the roof....

Again, they have 48 gun murders a year, and we have 11,000. I'll take their numbers any day of the week.
Buy a one way plane ticket then you can bend your knee to the queen

Yes Great Britain is just the old wild west now days. They have 0.23 gun deaths from all causes (murder, accidental, suicide, etc) per 100,000 people, per year. We have 10.54 per 100,000 people . From the massive difference in those numbers, it's obvious they made the right call

Except....banning and confiscating guns didn't reduce their gun murder rate....it was low before they put it into law, and then it went up after they passed it....so it failed.....

Now...their gun crime rate in London is up 42%....our gun crime rate went down 75% since the 90s......and their violent crime rate is through the roof....

You have to measure what happens when they pass those laws.....not compared to our criminals. British criminals do not commit murder as often as our criminals do....but they still have guns, as this story and all the rest I post show......and they are an island nation, with one of the most camera watched cities in the world, and they did everthing you guys want...and their gun crime rate went up, not down......

Gun control on normal, law abiding people does not decrease the gun crime rate......it increases it when the criminals decide to use guns...

Don't be silly. They have only removed 200,000 guns in the last 15 years. They weren't a big problem to start with, compared to us. We have 300 million. Don't try to say that the gun problem in England is the same as it is here in any way. That's just nuts. Your comparison isn't apples to apples. It isn't even apples to oranges. It's closer to apples to Italian Literature.

Gun crime is up in the UK it is down in the US.

The UK laws are supposed to stop gun crime but it doesn't seem to be working does it?

Our murder rate has always been higher than the UK's so if we take those as baselines we see that the UK's gun laws have not reduced the UK murder rate from the levels they were before all the gun laws were passed

You have to measure what happens when they pass those laws.....not compared to our criminals. British criminals do not commit murder as often as our criminals do....but they still have guns, as this story and all the rest I post show......and they are an island nation, with one of the most camera watched cities in the world, and they did everthing you guys want...and their gun crime rate went up, not down......

Gun control on normal, law abiding people does not decrease the gun crime rate......it increases it when the criminals decide to use guns...

Don't be silly. They have only removed 200,000 guns in the last 15 years. They weren't a big problem to start with, compared to us. We have 300 million. Don't try to say that the gun problem in England is the same as it is here in any way. That's just nuts. Your comparison isn't apples to apples. It isn't even apples to oranges. It's closer to apples to Italian Literature.

It wasn't the same as here...since their culture didn't create criminals that commit murder. Now....their welfare culture can no longer civilize their young males...their violent crime rate is going through the roof and gun crime in London is up 42%....

While in the United States?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Concealed carry permit number....
New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

actual study...

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2017 by John R. Lott :: SSRN

I'm saying that gun laws do not reduce the murder rate

Forum List

Back