11 billion tons of ice melted in Greenland — in just one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenland lost 11 billion tons of ice in one day. How does that melt compare to the past?

Scientists announced Thursday that July equaled, if not surpassed, the hottest month in recorded history. But that was not the only cause for concern.

Greenland's ice sheet melted at its most rapid rate so far this summer summer on Thursday, losing 11 billion tons of surface ice to the ocean, according to data from the Polar Portal, a website run by Danish polar research institutions, and the National Snow and Ice Data Center.

More links to this story.

The Arctic is burning and Greenland is melting, thanks to record heat

The Arctic's ice sheet is melting at a rapid rate: 11 billion tons in one day

In related news;

More than 150 Shark Sightings Recorded Off Coast of Massachusetts

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...sightings-recorded-off-coast-of-massachusetts

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/sharks-cape-cod-trnd/index.html
th

Greenland lost 11 billion tons of ice in one day. How does that melt compare to the past?

Scientists announced Thursday that July equaled, if not surpassed, the hottest month in recorded history. But that was not the only cause for concern.

Greenland's ice sheet melted at its most rapid rate so far this summer summer on Thursday, losing 11 billion tons of surface ice to the ocean, according to data from the Polar Portal, a website run by Danish polar research institutions, and the National Snow and Ice Data Center.

In related news;

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...sightings-recorded-off-coast-of-massachusetts

No, it was actually 11 quadrillion tons in one hour. The earth is melting 11 quadrillion tons of ice an hour. Prove me wrong.

Earth will be 50 degrees hotter next year. Prove me wrong.

The sea level will rise 1 mile higher in 5 years. Prove me wrong.

Can someone just shoot you instead ?
They could, except for the fact that all life on earth will cease to exist before they find me. Prove me wrong.
They could, except for the fact that all life on earth will cease to exist before they find me. Prove me wrong.
Just messing with you. I realize you have an unconventional brand of sarcasm
, so what's your point if any ?

Just messing with you. I realize you have an unconventional brand of sarcasm
, so what's your point if any ?
My point is, these people have no idea how much ice melted. Weve been hearing fake numbers for years.

"The world will end in 12 years"
"The world will end in 10 years"
"Etc, etc, etc"

In related news;

Interesting, However last winter the same region gained over 47 billion tons of snow and ice.

Looking at things without context gives a false narrative of it being unprecedented melting, but it is not.

In related news;

Interesting, However last winter the same region gained over 47 billion tons of snow and ice.

Looking at things without context gives a false narrative of it being unprecedented melting, but it is not.

The AGW scam requires a false narrative...without it, what do they have?

So does Greenland
If Greenland's ice ALONE melts (nothing else), Sea Level goes up 7-8 meters. app 23'.

Now picture the USA (Miami, NY, LA, Boston) and other locales, London, Shanghai, Singapore, etc, etc, etc x100 with that Sea Level.
Alot of the East Coast, bottom third/half of Florida: bye. Gulf Coast bye.

`

Last edited:
So does Greenland
If Greenland's ice ALONE melts (nothing else), Sea Level goes up 7-8 meters. app 23'.

Now picture the USA (Miami, NY, LA, Boston) and other locales, London, Shanghai, Singapore, etc, etc, etc x100 with that Sea Level. The bottom third/half of Florida: bye. Gulf Coast bye.

`
When do you expect it to all be melted?

When do you expect it to all be melted?
I was answering someone who suggested Greenland was local and didn't matter if it got hot there.
That's why.
If Half (or a third, or a quarter) melts that's catastrophic too.

Now back to your other high-frequency, combative, and fallacious posts.
`

So does Greenland

Now picture the USA (Miami, NY, LA, Boston) and other locales, London, Shanghai, Singapore, etc, etc, etc x100 with that Sea Level.
Alot of the East Coast, bottom third/half of Florida: bye. Gulf Coast bye.

`

Do you have your life jacket on cupcake?

Do you have your life jacket on cupcake?
IOW, no answer from the factLess 12 IQ contingent.
(and this one is an especially stupid Troll 'answering' a good portion of his posts with No content, just "cupcake.")
`

Last edited:
Bullshit.
You 12 IQ TURD.
LOOK IT UP.

Extreme ice melt in Greenland threatens coastal communities across the world, scientists warn

""..If all of Greenland’s ice melted, global sea levels would rise over 20 feet. This week’s melt alone is estimated to permanently raise global sea levels by 0.1 millimeters.""

Quick Facts on Ice Sheets | National Snow and Ice Data Center

"...If the Greenland Ice Sheet melted, scientists estimate that sea level would rise about 6 meters (20 feet). If the Antarctic Ice Sheet melted, sea level would rise by about 60 meters (200 feet). The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets also influence weather and climate.".."

`

In related news;

Yes....when you have science like this.....it is nothing more than religion...

Twilight of the Eco-Loons: Environmental Activism Jumps the Shark

In Germany, what was reported as an all time record temperature high during last week’s heat wave, turned out to come from a weather station so badly sited that one expert estimated that the Urban Heat Island effect could be exaggerating its temperature recordings by as much as 3 degrees centigrade.

In Cambridge in the UK, similarly record-breaking highs trumpeted by the BBC, turned out to come from a similarly encroached urban site “too compromised to do anything more than supply approximate figures, rather than scientifically valid ones to tenths of a degree.”

You don't want to trust air temperatures because they could be influenced by urban heat islands, then don't.
Here are ocean temperatures, with much higher accuracies.

global-ocean-temperature-0-700m.gif

The guy is just lying.
He shows data that agrees the climate is warming, but he claims not just that the actually warming is only half the model predictions, but that energy policy is based on models and not actually data.
And that is a lie.
No one is looking at the models.
They are trying to still develop models, but energy policy is ONLY based on actual data.
There is absolutely no reason to use anything but actual data.
The point of trying to perfect an accurate model is just so we can start to predict when we start getting accelerations from methane and water vapor.
So this video is lying.

He compared models to data.

Well, Modeling does produce data... Just not empirically observed and verified data.. One is fantasy and the other is fact.. They just cant seem to figure out which is which..

In related news;

Lol...do you have any idea how much 11 billion tons is? Lol
I just had time to read the study and they overstated the actual melt and put up model output. So the actual observed melt was just 780.6 trillion tons. They over stated the melt by a factor of 13... The study is pure BS..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back