11 billion tons of ice melted in Greenland — in just one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes....when you have science like this.....it is nothing more than religion...

Twilight of the Eco-Loons: Environmental Activism Jumps the Shark

In Germany, what was reported as an all time record temperature high during last week’s heat wave, turned out to come from a weather station so badly sited that one expert estimated that the Urban Heat Island effect could be exaggerating its temperature recordings by as much as 3 degrees centigrade.

In Cambridge in the UK, similarly record-breaking highs trumpeted by the BBC, turned out to come from a similarly encroached urban site “too compromised to do anything more than supply approximate figures, rather than scientifically valid ones to tenths of a degree.”

You don't want to trust air temperatures because they could be influenced by urban heat islands, then don't.
Here are ocean temperatures, with much higher accuracies.

global-ocean-temperature-0-700m.gif

The guy is just lying.
He shows data that agrees the climate is warming, but he claims not just that the actually warming is only half the model predictions, but that energy policy is based on models and not actually data.
And that is a lie.
No one is looking at the models.
They are trying to still develop models, but energy policy is ONLY based on actual data.
There is absolutely no reason to use anything but actual data.
The point of trying to perfect an accurate model is just so we can start to predict when we start getting accelerations from methane and water vapor.
So this video is lying.

He compared models to data.

Well, Modeling does produce data... Just not empirically observed and verified data.. One is fantasy and the other is fact.. They just cant seem to figure out which is which..

One is theoretical and the other empirical. The theoretical one gets to fuck up the economy and remove basic freedoms.

I just had time to read the study and they overstated the actual melt and put up model output. So the actual observed melt was just 780.6 trillion tons. They over stated the melt by a factor of 13... The study is pure BS..
So according you -YOU-, they are wrong.
LOFL Billy Boob.....
Now his own study Peer reviewer.

`

I just had time to read the study and they overstated the actual melt and put up model output. So the actual observed melt was just 780.6 trillion tons. They over stated the melt by a factor of 13... The study is pure BS..
LOFL Billy Boob.....

`

LOL

Way to go retard... read the study and do the math. Thier own study say the conclusions are BS..

Greenland was not named because of its verdancy. The Vikings found that calling someplace Iceland meant not many people came to colonize, so they tried a little marketing.

“In the summer, Erik left to settle in the country he had found, which he called Greenland, as he said people would be attracted there if it had a favorable name.” Thus, Iceland was named by a sad Viking and Greenland is the slogan of a medieval marketing scheme.

more fake shit thrown against the wall for all of us to wipe away. take your shit somewhere else. it stinks.

LOFL Billy Boob.....

`

LOL

Way to go retard... read the study and do the math. Thier own study say the conclusions are BS..

Now you know that abu doesn't read studies...he goes to skeptical science and they tell him what to think, and what to say, and provide him with just enough information to get him into a discussion that he can't finish when the questions start being asked.....at which time he switches to bold red ALLCAPS as if that would make his nonsense true...

LOFL Billy Boob.....

`

LOL

Now you know that abu doesn't read studies...he goes to skeptical science and they tell him what to think, and what to say, and provide him with just enough information to get him into a discussion that he can't finish when the questions start being asked.....at which time he switches to bold red ALLCAPS as if that would make his nonsense true...
or it means more if it's in red and all in caps.

LOFL Billy Boob.....

`

LOL

or it means more if it's in red and all in caps.

When the caps turn red, it is his inner abused child expressing its extreme frustration at not getting its way..

Greenland lost 11 billion tons of ice in one day. How does that melt compare to the past?

Scientists announced Thursday that July equaled, if not surpassed, the hottest month in recorded history. But that was not the only cause for concern.

Greenland's ice sheet melted at its most rapid rate so far this summer summer on Thursday, losing 11 billion tons of surface ice to the ocean, according to data from the Polar Portal, a website run by Danish polar research institutions, and the National Snow and Ice Data Center.

More links to this story.

The Arctic is burning and Greenland is melting, thanks to record heat

The Arctic's ice sheet is melting at a rapid rate: 11 billion tons in one day

In related news;

More than 150 Shark Sightings Recorded Off Coast of Massachusetts

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...sightings-recorded-off-coast-of-massachusetts

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/sharks-cape-cod-trnd/index.html

Lol...do you have any idea how much 11 billion tons is? Lol

It is summer time, which amazingly happens every year. The media make it seem this is unusual when the actual data makes clear it is a one or two day big melt and a lot of days of little over all melt as shown here at Polar Portal

SMB_combine_SM_day_EN_20190810.png

Notice the interior isn't melting, just around the edges of Greenland where it gets above freezing during the summer. You can see the station temperature data by hovering your mouse on the open circles in the link. It is above to around freezing at the coastal area, but rapidly cooler when you move inland.

The media misleads and lies a lot.

It is summer time, which amazingly happens every year. The media make it seem this is unusual ....

There hasn't been a peep about this in the media except for a few obscure websites.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

It was posted all over the place in the Media, CNN, Washington Post, Forbes, CBS news and so on. Here is the proof using Google search

Big melt at Greenland - Google Search

Meanwhile I see you didn't address the Media misleading crap and the lies they promote. They did it last year and the year before too, it has become an annual event, to promote a non issue for the purpose of selling newspapers and propaganda too.

It is summer time, which amazingly happens every year. The media make it seem this is unusual ....

There hasn't been a peep about this in the media except for a few obscure websites.
Its been on every network at least twice.
That's a lie. Show me one clip from, any major news channel.
Never mind - found it myself.

It still was not a big story.

Lets start with the NYTimes...: Greenland’s Melting Ice Nears a ‘Tipping Point,’ Scientists Say

NBC, MSNBC, MSN....; Extreme ice melt in Greenland threatens coastal communities across the world, scientists warn

Need I go on?

Its been on every network at least twice.
That's a lie. Show me one clip from, any major news channel.
Never mind - found it myself.

It still was not a big story.

Lets start with the NYTimes...: Greenland’s Melting Ice Nears a ‘Tipping Point,’ Scientists Say

NBC, MSNBC, MSN....; Extreme ice melt in Greenland threatens coastal communities across the world, scientists warn

Need I go on?

Wow if they spent as much time on climate change as Russiagate , 100 people might know about it.

Just realized at how STUPID you really are since YOU posted the following links at Post One. that were from the following websites:

PBS
Science News
USA Today

They are not part of the ..... media?

They are "obscure" websites?

Really, you believe that?

:badgrin:

Then after me and billy bob posted additional websites that covers the Greenland Melt story, such as the following below:

Washington Post
CNN
CBS
CNBC
Forbes
The Guardian
The Hill
Discover
The Australian
National Geographic
Scientific American
NSIDC
Daily News
ABC
New York Times

on and on......, with a lot I skipped in that Google Link you ignored.

This mean MILLIONS of people saw the story.

Suggest you stop and slink away, your lies and stupidity are absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

Just realized at how STUPID you really are since YOU posted the following links at Post One. that were from the following websites:

PBS
Science News
USA Today

They are not part of the ..... media?

They are "obscure" websites?

Really, you believe that?

:badgrin:

Then after me and billy bob posted additional websites that covers the Greenland Melt story, such as the following below:

Washington Post
CNN
CBS
CNBC
Forbes
The Guardian
The Hill
Discover
The Australian
National Geographic
Scientific American
NSIDC
Daily News
ABC
New York Times

on and on......, with a lot I skipped in that Google Link you ignored.

This mean MILLIONS of people saw the story.

Suggest you stop and slink away, your lies and stupidity are absolutely pathetic.
I'll take note of your criticism . Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back