100 Greatest Singers of All Time

I wonder if someone could help me out here?

Who's that guy, who was on Britain's X-factor (or version of American Idol), he looked like a bum or someone who would ask you for change outside a liquour store, looked very apprehensive and you got the impression, "this is going to be a train wreck" and the camera kept going back and forth between him standing up on stage with this look on his face and the panel of judges (with Simon Cowell) and then....

....this guy opens his mouth and starts singing some kind of opera shit and women in the audience were actually weeping as they heard it! Simon is just sitting there shaking his head with a big smile on his face and everyone was looking around at each other with this "WTF, you didn't see that coming!" look on their faces.

He looked like a waiter, but sang like Pavrotti. I've never seen him since, but I hear he has changed careers. Can someone tell me who this fucker is?

This guy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Z6DXe8C68]Andrew De Leon America's Got Talent Goth Opera Singer - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't see that coming.

You got me Ernie..you stinker.

The lovely Barbara Bonney: Ave Maria-- Schubert

The most beautiful rendition of Ave Maria I've ever heard - YouTube

The fabulous Placido Domingo: Ave Maria--- (Aznavour)

Plácido Domingo - Ave Maria (Aznavour) - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9WMIPzd6w]Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye 1997 Video stereo widescreen - YouTube[/ame]

That gives me goosebumps.

Love it when I saw that guy live.

did he see you there?...........come on Sallow little bit of Humor ....Andy would chuckle at that....

No but his vocals are shot. He no longer has much range.

Same for Meat Loaf, sadly...and I wonder if he has early-stage Parkinsons.

Saw ML a year or so ago. Voice is gone, almost asked for my money back.

I saw him at Mohegan Sun in what may have been his last concert...he just cannot sing anymore. Which is too bad, because he LOVES performing. One thing I have to give him credit for: he lets every band member show off. His keyboard player did lead vocals in one song, his lead guitarist did vocals in another.

The show closed with an instrumental of Freebird...and in a truly classy move, he let his rhythm guitarist (who does not seem to do any vocals) show off, he and the lead guitarist alternating the lead (and clearly enjoying themselves). As they showed off, Meat Loaf stood quietly in front of the piano with a big smile, playing rhythm guitar. :)

The lovely Barbara Bonney: Ave Maria-- Schubert

The most beautiful rendition of Ave Maria I've ever heard - YouTube

The fabulous Placido Domingo: Ave Maria--- (Aznavour)

Plácido Domingo - Ave Maria (Aznavour) - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9WMIPzd6w]Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli - Time to Say Goodbye 1997 Video stereo widescreen - YouTube[/ame]

That gives me goosebumps.

Love it when I saw that guy live.

did he see you there?...........come on Sallow little bit of Humor ....Andy would chuckle at that....

Heh..

The first time I heard that song was in this little town in France. The owner of the tavern was drunk out of his mind as he was about to go on vacation. He brought me and my ex wife down into the cellar and was like, pick anything, it's on me. My ex wife was an expert on wine and found the most valuable red for him to open up. He had a good laugh.

We went back upstairs, and he brought us a snack plate. He put the record on and was dancing on the bar mouthing all the words.

Was really quite a scene.

Greatest means what you have accomplished, how much influence you have had in the genre you perform in, how much influence you have on other Musicians,are you still known 10 years after you made your debut......Best means what it says.....are you the best Guitar Player technically.....the best vocalist technically.....for instance Jimi Hendrix is considered to be the "Greatest" Guitar player.....but is he the "Best" player?.....there are dozens of players out there that can play circles around him....but are they as well known as him?.....are they as influential as him? are they considered to be as GREAT as he is?....

Apparently, dying helps.
Everyone has their own definitions of "greatness", but I think it can best be illustrated in the look on Mama Cass's face as she's watching Janis Joplin sing Ball and Chain at the Monterey film festival in 1967. You take one look at her and you know, she is looking at something truly great.

Janis Joplin sang like a cat being tortured!

Apparently, dying helps.
Everyone has their own definitions of "greatness", but I think it can best be illustrated in the look on Mama Cass's face as she's watching Janis Joplin sing Ball and Chain at the Monterey film festival in 1967. You take one look at her and you know, she is looking at something truly great.

You should be negged into submission for that. No she didn't have an especially pleasing voice, but the lady could SING!

Heh..

The first time I heard that song was in this little town in France. The owner of the tavern was drunk out of his mind as he was about to go on vacation. He brought me and my ex wife down into the cellar and was like, pick anything, it's on me. My ex wife was an expert on wine and found the most valuable red for him to open up. He had a good laugh.

We went back upstairs, and he brought us a snack plate. He put the record on and was dancing on the bar mouthing all the words.

Was really quite a scene.

the guy was?....

You should be negged into submission for that. No she didn't have an especially pleasing voice, but the lady could SING!

Only if you were as high as she was!

you do realize what that seems like your saying right? .....:lol:
I'm just fuckin' with ya!

BTW, all my friends think I'm nuts about Queen. They all say, "They're a monster rock band", "They're up there with everyone else", "Brian May made his own guitar from a Charvelle!", whatever the fuck that means!

The only thing I can play is the radio.

Forum List

Back