1 year old baby killed in Brooklyn shooting. AOC says defund police now

Unless you are rich and connected the police feel no obligation whatsoever to protect you from anything.

To be fair, I don't feel that obligated to protect the rich either.

Bedstuy? ---there are no cops there. The cops stay away. Bullets fly all the time----and often hit childrens' heads. The head of a child is RELATIVELY large compared to the body and usually very close to the ground. A discharged bullet is subject to gravity. The baby was probably asleep in a stroller or baby seat----a very vulnerable position

for the record----for one year I lived right on edge of Bed-stuy and East NY with my then seven year old kid------I blocked the windows with furniture because I was concerned about stray bullets and his head. It's worse now -----BLM LAND
Grew up in Brooklyn, I lived on McKibben St and Lorimer St,, Williamsburg right over he movie house on the corner, moved to Jefferson St and Knickerbocker Ave/Bushwick, went to PS 162 and Bushwick H.S. Moved back there in the 60's after military stint. Got a job, went to College and got out of there.
The neighborhood has always been "rough". In some cases just as bad as Bed Sty and East New York or even so called "Red Hook". I was there when Brooklyn was burning and lived through it all.
Today, I would not walk through that neighborhood after dark unless accompanied by a high capacity 9mm.

Unless you are rich and connected the police feel no obligation whatsoever to protect you from anything.

Bedstuy? ---there are no cops there. The cops stay away. Bullets fly all the time----and often hit childrens' heads. The head of a child is RELATIVELY large compared to the body and usually very close to the ground. A discharged bullet is subject to gravity. The baby was probably asleep in a stroller or baby seat----a very vulnerable position

for the record----for one year I lived right on edge of Bed-stuy and East NY with my then seven year old kid------I blocked the windows with furniture because I was concerned about stray bullets and his head. It's worse now -----BLM LAND
Grew up in Brooklyn, I lived on McKibben St and Lorimer St,, Williamsburg right over he movie house on the corner, moved to Jefferson St and Knickerbocker Ave/Bushwick, went to PS 162 and Bushwick H.S. Moved back there in the 60's after military stint. Got a job, went to College and got out of there.
The neighborhood has always been "rough". In some cases just as bad as Bed Sty and East New York or even so called "Red Hook". I was there when Brooklyn was burning and lived through it all.
Today, I would not walk through that neighborhood after dark unless accompanied by a high capacity 9mm.

you think you got troubles----I GREW UP IN JERSEY and face this mess as an adult (in fact an AGED adult). I think that Red Hook has calmed---since the days of
"WATERFRONT"

you think you got troubles----I GREW UP IN JERSEY and face this mess as an adult (in fact an AGED adult). I think that Red Hook has calmed---since the days of
"WATERFRONT"

You may be right, It's been gentrified. When I was coming up it, Red Hook was bad news.... Then again I'm talking the 50's, 60's and 70's... You may not have been even a thought then.
It's like Vernon Blvd in Long Island City, NY... They gentrified the area and now renovated apartments go for $3,000 a month...

Last edited:

"WATERFRONT"

You may be right, It's been gentrified. When I was coming up it, Red Hook was bad news.... Then again I'm talking the 50's, 60's and 70's... You may not have been even a thought then.

I was in Jersey-----I first saw Red Hook in the 1980s----it was a kind of neglected place----but it is now---as you say, being GENTRIFIED. Flatbush Avenue has descended into Chaos------I am not sure it is safe to walk thru Prospect Park and as to BedStuy, Williamsburg, and East New York-----I live here and barely leave my little carriage house apt. There is extensive BUILDING----skywards. Developers get special deals from the depraved local government in the hope that they are building "low cost" housing
(make that 'criminal lairs' ) <<< speaking of which---criminals are no longer being arrested. No room on Riker's

"WATERFRONT"

I was in Jersey-----I first saw Red Hook in the 1980s----it was a kind of neglected place----but it is now---as you say, being GENTRIFIED. Flatbush Avenue has descended into Chaos------I am not sure it is safe to walk thru Prospect Park and as to BedStuy, Williamsburg, and East New York-----I live here and barely leave my little carriage house apt. There is extensive BUILDING----skywards. Developers get special deals from the depraved local government in the hope that they are building "low cost" housing
(make that 'criminal lairs' ) <<< speaking of which---criminals are no longer being arrested. No room on Riker's

'Carriage House'? They haven't been built since the turn of the 20th Century. If that is so, you better have it designated as a hertiage site. They're few and far between. The last one that I was interested in was burned to the ground just like the RKO Keith in Queens and Lowes on Broadway Brooklyn.

Last edited:

"WATERFRONT"

'Carriage House'? They haven't been built since the turn of the 20th Century. If that is so, you better have it designated as a hertiage site. They're few and far between. The last one that I was interested in was burned to the ground just like the RKO Keith in Queens and Lowes on Broadway Brooklyn.

my house was built in 1899

In California Carriage Houses are built brand new everywhere. All condos built above garages are called carriage houses.

Forum List

Back