+1,500 Illegals with ICE Detainers Released from Orange County Jail, Many Reoffended

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
They were in jail in the first place because they were criminals. It’s all about creating more crime with the Left so they can eliminate the Rights of law abiding citizens.

More than 1,500 aliens with ICE detainers released from the Orange County Jail in 2019, many re-offended.

“U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Acting Director Matthew T. Albence has repeatedly expressed concerns about how state or local policies limiting cooperation with ICE can lead to more crime. According to data recently released from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, in the two years since the implementation of California’s State Bill 54 (SB54), the sheriff’s department has rearrested more than 400 of those they released on whom ICE had active detainers. The aliens who were rearrested include those with charges including: rape, assault with a deadly weapon, child sex offenses, domestic violence, identify theft, and driving under the influence.”

Why didn’t ICE go and get warrants for these folks. The Local Cops can’t ignore a warrant. They have to hold the Illegals then.

Republicantards want to keep them in jail then bitch about how much they spend keeping them there -

SSDD

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... illegal aliens is responsible fer...

...the recent rise in California re-offending."

Why didn’t ICE go and get warrants for these folks. The Local Cops can’t ignore a warrant. They have to hold the Illegals then.
Federal laws states they do not need warrants on illegal aliens. That privilege & protection is reserved for US Citizens

Federal laws states they do not need warrants on illegal aliens. That privilege & protection is reserved for US Citizens

That being the stupidest thing I had heard in a while, which is saying something considering the Impeachment fiasco, I checked a bit. I can’t find any law or court decision which prohibits ICE from going to a judge and getting a warrant. In fact, there are numerous stories where ICE has warrants for individuals and serves them in a big flurry. So on the face of it, it appears that your assertion is false.

Further, I found something interesting. ICE Detainer = 4th Amendment Violation: Miranda-Olivares v. Clackamas County

Apparently if the local cops do honor a Detainer, they are in jeopardy of being found to have violated the individuals 4th Amendment Rights. So in honoring the detainer request, which the courts have unanimously found to be requests, and not legally binding, the local cops are in fact the ones in legal jeopardy. It is the legal foundation of the so called “Sanctuary” movement. Which is that the State, County, and City police will not honor Detainer Requests. So to summarize, by honoring the Detainer Requests, the police may be committing a crime, and by ignoring them, they are not. So do you support criminal police or not? Also if you could post a link to your ICE does not issue warrants thing I’d appreciate it. I might even be wrong.

That being the stupidest thing I had heard in a while, which is saying something considering the Impeachment fiasco, I checked a bit. I can’t find any law or court decision which prohibits ICE from going to a judge and getting a warrant. In fact, there are numerous stories where ICE has warrants for individuals and serves them in a big flurry. So on the face of it, it appears that your assertion is false.

Further, I found something interesting. ICE Detainer = 4th Amendment Violation: Miranda-Olivares v. Clackamas County

Apparently if the local cops do honor a Detainer, they are in jeopardy of being found to have violated the individuals 4th Amendment Rights. So in honoring the detainer request, which the courts have unanimously found to be requests, and not legally binding, the local cops are in fact the ones in legal jeopardy. It is the legal foundation of the so called “Sanctuary” movement. Which is that the State, County, and City police will not honor Detainer Requests. So to summarize, by honoring the Detainer Requests, the police may be committing a crime, and by ignoring them, they are not. So do you support criminal police or not? Also if you could post a link to your ICE does not issue warrants thing I’d appreciate it. I might even be wrong.
ICE does not have to obtain a warrant on an illegal alien. The Law only requires a detainer. The police and local government are breaking the law when they do not honor detainers.

This is inarguable. ICE does not push prosecution, because it's not worth it.

Welcome to the age of Lawlessness that The Bible spoke of before the plagues, pestilences, war, famine, and death come.

If ICE wanted them there is nothing stopping ICE from getting them.

If democrats are still breathing after 2020 republican campaign managers need to be ousted

ICE does not have to obtain a warrant on an illegal alien. The Law only requires a detainer. The police and local government are breaking the law when they do not honor detainers.

This is inarguable. ICE does not push prosecution, because it's not worth it.

Welcome to the age of Lawlessness that The Bible spoke of before the plagues, pestilences, war, famine, and death come.

No, a Detainer REQUEST. Note the full term. REQUEST. It is a request. I posted the link in which by following the “Detainer Request” the police in fact broke the law and according to the courts violated the suspects Fourth Amendment Rights.

A Warrant is signed by a Judge. A Detainer Request is signed by a Federal Agent. A Federal Agent has no authority to issue a warrant. It is why the National Security Letters were and remain Unconstitutional.

Oh, and if you want to discuss the end of days. I am happy to. I also believe that society and civilization is teetering on the brink of oblivion. Not because of the Liberals, nor the Right wing. But because everybody in Government, the police, the agents, the judges, and the politicians, have one thing in common. They do not view the Constitution as a guide, but a hurdle, or obstacle to get over, around, past. It is why we are in the mess we are in now, the Status Quo. Because we keep finding “Good and exceptional” reasons to ignore what the Constitution says.

The ICE agents CAN get a Warrant. You are correct, they do not need to. But without a warrant, there is no law REQUIRING individuals be detained. The REQUEST is just what it sounds like. Do us a favor, hold onto this guy until we get around to getting him.

The cities, counties, and states that say no, are not breaking the law. Anymore than YOU would be breaking the law by denying entry to your home to the police who do not have a warrant. They can request, and you can deny. You are not committing a crime in saying no. Despite what fantasies you have about what is actually legal. A request has no force of law to require compliance.

Forum List

Back