1.1 Million sign up to ACA

The program cannot support itself with such low numbers.
As they say, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" and that lady ain't gonna sing for a long time. However, you certainly don't need 7 million or even 3.3 million to sign up in order to support the premium structure.

According to Larry Levitt, Gary Claxton and Anthony Damico, experts at the Kaiser Family Foundation, there's not going to be a big problem if enrollments are lower than expected. "Even if young people sign up at half the rate the administration hopes for, it would nudge premiums up only by a few percentage points, their report says."

Why Obamacare won?t spiral into fiery, actuarial doom

I heard the lady sing! She sang:

Obamacare, Obamacare,
Hurry up and pass it!
One third of thee, economy,
Will be our slickest facet!

Last edited:
lol, one million out of 350 MILLION people in the country

what a raging success...

good ole Cnn

While you have a point, your numbers are a bit off. Most Americans get their health insurance through their employer, so it is not out of 350 million. From the beginning they have said they will need around 7 million to eventually enroll, so they are a long way off. BTW, I finally was able to purchase a plan and made my first payment.

lol, one million out of 350 MILLION people in the country

what a raging success...

good ole Cnn

While you have a point, your numbers are a bit off. Most Americans get their health insurance through their employer, so it is not out of 350 million. From the beginning they have said they will need around 7 million to eventually enroll, so they are a long way off. BTW, I finally was able to purchase a plan and made my first payment.

I thought your plan was grandfathered in??

As they say, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" and that lady ain't gonna sing for a long time. However, you certainly don't need 7 million or even 3.3 million to sign up in order to support the premium structure.

According to Larry Levitt, Gary Claxton and Anthony Damico, experts at the Kaiser Family Foundation, there's not going to be a big problem if enrollments are lower than expected. "Even if young people sign up at half the rate the administration hopes for, it would nudge premiums up only by a few percentage points, their report says."

My premiums are due to increase by 120%. That's a tad more than "a few".
The link was addressing possible premium increases for 2015 if the number that signup for individual insurance is less than expected.

Possible
increase for 2015?? His rates went up 120% for 2014.

What you quoted says that even if half the number of young people sign up it would nudge premiums up only by a few percentage points.

So 120% is "a few percentage points"? Ours went up 44% for 2014 ... is that considered "a couple of percentage points"?

Leftist math at work again.

:cuckoo:

The program cannot support itself with such low numbers.

Half ...? :lol: Be lucky to get 2%.:cuckoo:

One of the next falling shoes will be an exponential increase in the *fines* for people who choose to pay the fines rather than the exorbitant premiums/deductibles of the new CrapCare.

Indeed. The youth who got Obama into the White House are seriously going to regret it. They are the ones who will pay and pay and pay for the Obamanation for the rest of their lives. The really lucky ones also took out big Obama Student Loans, so they are doubly screwed.

"I thought ObamaCAre was great, and then I got the bill." - Obamna supporter Jak E. Starkey

Where can I sign up for my $2500 savings that obama promised me? I need it to pay my premiums that have doubled.

People don't even know their policies got cancelled unless the LMSM tells them, and then it's Bush's fault

Last edited:

Forum List

Back