CDZ Zuckerberg Calls for a Universal Basic Income

the more I hear from him ....the more I hate Mark Zoinkerburg

I hate him with all my heart.....do not wish him good.....hey

I can not even begin to tell you

He needs to put his money where his big fat useless mouth is. Yep. Give away every single dime he has..
What a jerk punk.

While I recognize your angst, you fail to grasp the most basic concept - there is little or no difference between a dollar and a hammer. Both are tools of creation ...

While I don't doubt you see a lot of things that aren't there, there is a world of difference between a dollar and a hammer, and the dollars made by the financial sector are most definitely not tools of creation' by any stretch, they are just as parasitic as those 'poor and lazy' you right wing ideologues claim to hate so much. As for myself, I'm not even a Communist or a right winger and don't require human life to be an 'economic unit' whose value is determined by how much money it can make, in the case of the lower classes how much they can be underpaid by some corporation for something or other, so some portfolio somewhere, maybe thousands of miles away, gets a nice big dividend for doing nothing but mooching off those hard working victims. I can fully understand why the parasites higher up the food chain hate the 'poor and lazy', they're not making any cash off of their labor, the same reason Marx hated them. There is no difference between Communists and Corporates and bankers for those that work; they all look alike, think alike, and mooch alike.

Did anybody see anyone returning any of the bailout money from a few years ago from the rescue of your 401K's and 'investments? Of course not, certainly not from right wingers, no big wave of 'doing the right thing' out of ideological purity from any, so quit pissing on our legs and trying to tell us it's raining.
The lack of knowledge, coupled with you obvious bitterness, just boggles the mind.

A hammer is a tool to create something - it is used by a competent tradesman trained to use that particular tool.

A dollar is a tool used to create something - it, too, is used by a competent tradesman trained to use it.

You so blithely talk about the "parasitic" investors who make their living using the dollars created by the "poor and lazy". Yet, he is no different than the carpenter who makes his living using the lumber harvested by the very same "poor and lazy". You hire a carpenter to build your bookcase - you hire a financial manager to build your financial house.

It is convenient for you to look disdainfully at those who manage, those who build, those who invest. Why is it convenient? Because it gives you an excuse not to look at what you have failed to accomplish in your life. The choice is simple - you can work for your money, or you can have your money work for you. You simply picked the wrong one.

Yeah I already knew you wouldn't have a real response to anything, just more whining and ad homs. I've read all the gibberish before, probably beginning before you were born, and I can spot somebody who doesn't know squat right away, so you'll just have to annoy somebody else with your memorized memes and stuff you read at Free Republic.
First of all, I strongly suspect you don't have a damn clue when I was born --- in fact, I probably am older than you.

But, age isn't the issue. Your effete elitism certainly is .... you somehow believe that you 1) deserve an income simply because you breathe, 2) you believe in a culling of the human population (which, certainly, doesn't include you) in order to make your life easier, and 3) that you don't have to contribute to the general welfare of the human race.

Your egotism stuns me ... but your arguments don't. They've been around longer than you realize, and they are nothing more than the continued attempt by the intelligentsia to avoid their responsibilities and to live off the sweat of others. We've fought wars over your kind of stupidity. We've seen your stupidity try to be implemented, only to fail every time with astounding quickness.

Quit trying to feed your ego - get off your ass and go to work.

lol more strawmen, still not a single response to my points, just more blather. You have the grasp of history and economics of a ten year old, so it's only to be expected that people think you're around that age.
Actually I believe he has answered your points and quite well I might add. I'm not sure why you would want such a system but I can clearly see where the elitists would relish the opportunity to implement such a program because once the people are fully dependent upon them for their very survival they are in total control. I can see where the people would quickly be disarmed, lose their freedom of speech, and a myriad of other rights we enjoy right now. I can see where it would lead to total slavery. As for the free money. People appreciate things in proportion to what they have paid for them. Work hard, earn your own money, buy something and you will take very good care of it. Get if for free and you won't appreciate it at all.

I'm not sure why you would want such a system but I can clearly see where the elitists would relish the opportunity to implement such a program because once the people are fully dependent upon them for their very survival they are in total control.
This is not something that will happen except under great demand and duress as jobs are consumed in a Robotics Revolution coupled with Strong Ai.

He needs to put his money where his big fat useless mouth is. Yep. Give away every single dime he has..
What a jerk punk.

Actually, I think Zuckerberg is one of the Billionaires that signed a contract to give away all their money when they die. Sorry 99%.

9 billionaires who plan to give away the majority of their fortunes

Mark Zuckerberg Vows to Donate 99% of His Facebook Shares for Charity

umm well, yeah that makes sense. He won't need it once he dies. I was talking NOW.

Let's dispute the premise, a wildly hypothetical one at that. Will machines and robots become more common and will dangerous and rote jobs disappear yes. Are robots going to take over in 20 years? No, in fifty, No. let's make a test. How many jobs in my small town can machines take over. Very few.

Commercial fishermen..... not even close
Refrigeration man........ never happen
Food service delivery truck........... can't ever robo that
Mechanic........... hell no
Welder".......no
Line cooks....no
Waitresses at family run restaurant........ won't happen
Housekeepers........nope
Ace hardware man or woman.......nope
City county and state workers......won't happen
Plumbers, roofers, carpenters, painters.......nope
Marina services....... nope
Small bank services......nope
Seafood market and bait shop.......never
Heavy equipment operators.......nope
Police and emt..............nope

I could go on all day. Another part of this story is cost and maintenance. Never talked about but humans will always be better suited to the majority of work. Does anyone ever mention the huge industry of repairman that are going to be neede to keep these robots going.

You can't find people to work now because of welfare. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that ubi will allow people to pursue what they really want to do, like smoke pot all day. How stupid do you think we are? This strategy has been tried before and never worked, but don't let facts get in the way.

The people who promote this stuff are totally disengaged from reality. Visionary wannabes. People like me who would push back against these fantasies will be described as lacking imagination and out of touch with the technology, reality is not a star studded zip code to live in. Of course zuckerburgdoesnt even know we exist down here. Of course without humans, Facebook would not exist. Chew on that mark.

What a jerk punk.

Actually, I think Zuckerberg is one of the Billionaires that signed a contract to give away all their money when they die. Sorry 99%.

umm well, yeah that makes sense. He won't need it once he dies. I was talking NOW.

Then you didn't read the article. He is giving away billions of dollars now.

What a jerk punk.

Well, you're the one that brought up ''when he dies''.

Let's dispute the premise, a wildly hypothetical one at that. Will machines and robots become more common and will dangerous and rote jobs disappear yes. Are robots going to take over in 20 years? No, in fifty, No. let's make a test. How many jobs in my small town can machines take over. Very few.

Welder".......no
Line cooks....no
Housekeepers........nope

I could go on all day. Another part of this story is cost and maintenance. Never talked about but humans will always be better suited to the majority of work. Does anyone ever mention the huge industry of repairman that are going to be neede to keep these robots going.

You can't find people to work now because of welfare. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that ubi will allow people to pursue what they really want to do, like smoke pot all day. How stupid do you think we are? This strategy has been tried before and never worked, but don't let facts get in the way.

The people who promote this stuff are totally disengaged from reality. Visionary wannabes. People like me who would push back against these fantasies will be described as lacking imagination and out of touch with the technology, reality is not a star studded zip code to live in. Of course zuckerburgdoesnt even know we exist down here. Of course without humans, Facebook would not exist. Chew on that mark.
Actually, I can envision a way in which each of those items can be automated.

What a jerk punk.

Yes, he will have given up 99% of his fortune by the time he dies. Do you always make comments about links without reading them?

What a jerk punk.

Yes, he will have given up 99% of his fortune by the time he dies. Do you always make comments about links without reading them?

I read it. Do you always try and pick fights?

I'm, not trying to pick a fight, but it is simply impossible to discuss something with someone if they are going to make blind comments about a link without reading it. What's the purpose of providing evidence to an argument if the person on the other side of the discussion is going to continue to comment without reading them?

Fact: Zuckerberg is going to have given away 99% of his fortune by the time he dies.

Fact: Zuckerberg is already giving away billions of dollars.

So what's your next concern?

Welder".......no
Line cooks....no
Housekeepers........nope

I could go on all day.

Each and every one of those jobs are capable of being done by androids with Strong AI.

It is not a question of if it can be done, it is a question of cost effectiveness, customer satisfaction, and productivity. You have never worked as a refrigeration technician if you think there is a robot that can fix an ice machine in a tight space, a compressor on a shrimp boat, or a rooftop grocery store ac system. You ain't done any plumbing work either.

I'm, not trying to pick a fight, but it is simply impossible to discuss something with someone if they are going to make blind comments about a link without reading it. What's the purpose of providing evidence to an argument if the person on the other side of the discussion is going to continue to comment without reading them?

Fact: Zuckerberg is going to have given away 99% of his fortune by the time he dies.

Lew, I already told you I did read it. My comment was not blind.....except in your eyes, though it may have differed from what you think or said. I could make the same accusations toward you, but I refuse to be that petty over it. Why are you? Why are you trying to play ''gotcha'' when I said I DID read it, and it is NOT a blind statement.

Do us both a big favor please, and chill. My goodness it is not that important. Find another that wants to fight ya. :) if you must.

Lew, I already told you I did read it. My comment was not blind.....except in your eyes, though it may have differed from what you think or said. I could make the same accusations toward you, but I refuse to be that petty over it. Why are you? Why are you trying to play ''gotcha'' when I said I DID read it, and it is NOT a blind statement.

Do us both a big favor please, and chill. My goodness it is not that important. Find another that wants to fight ya. :) if you must.

If you had read it, then you wouldn't have made the comment about him not giving money now... I'm not going to argue with you over this, because it is obvious you don't like the fact that your negative opinion of Zuckerberg is based on something other than facts. Up to 2015 he had already donated $1.6 billion.

Why do you think that because someone doesn't agree with you that they are trying to start a fight?

If you had read it, then you wouldn't have made the comment about him not giving money now... I'm not going to argue with you over this, because it is obvious you don't like the fact that your negative opinion of Zuckerberg is based on something other than facts. Up to 2015 he had already donated $1.6 billion.

Why do you think that because someone doesn't agree with you that they are trying to start a fight?

I think my comment was that he should give every single dime of it now. That is different than the words you are trying to put in my mouth.
Do you think I do not have the right to say or think that? Hush!

Forum List

Back