CDZ Zuckerberg Calls for a Universal Basic Income

Yes, he will have given up 99% of his fortune by the time he dies. Do you always make comments about links without reading them?

I read it. Do you always try and pick fights?

I'm, not trying to pick a fight, but it is simply impossible to discuss something with someone if they are going to make blind comments about a link without reading it. What's the purpose of providing evidence to an argument if the person on the other side of the discussion is going to continue to comment without reading them?

Fact: Zuckerberg is going to have given away 99% of his fortune by the time he dies.

Fact: Zuckerberg is already giving away billions of dollars.

So what's your next concern?

Lew, I already told you I did read it. My comment was not blind.....except in your eyes, though it may have differed from what you think or said. I could make the same accusations toward you, but I refuse to be that petty over it. Why are you? Why are you trying to play ''gotcha'' when I said I DID read it, and it is NOT a blind statement.

Do us both a big favor please, and chill. My goodness it is not that important. Find another that wants to fight ya. :) if you must.

If you had read it, then you wouldn't have made the comment about him not giving money now... I'm not going to argue with you over this, because it is obvious you don't like the fact that your negative opinion of Zuckerberg is based on something other than facts. Up to 2015 he had already donated $1.6 billion.

Why do you think that because someone doesn't agree with you that they are trying to start a fight?

I think my comment was that he should give every single dime of it now. That is different than the words you are trying to put in my mouth.
Do you think I do not have the right to say or think that? Hush!

Yeah... "hey you, yeah you the guy giving away over $50 BILLION, unless you give it all away right now, I think you are a piece of crap! " :rofl:

I read it. Do you always try and pick fights?

I'm, not trying to pick a fight, but it is simply impossible to discuss something with someone if they are going to make blind comments about a link without reading it. What's the purpose of providing evidence to an argument if the person on the other side of the discussion is going to continue to comment without reading them?

Fact: Zuckerberg is going to have given away 99% of his fortune by the time he dies.

Fact: Zuckerberg is already giving away billions of dollars.

So what's your next concern?

Lew, I already told you I did read it. My comment was not blind.....except in your eyes, though it may have differed from what you think or said. I could make the same accusations toward you, but I refuse to be that petty over it. Why are you? Why are you trying to play ''gotcha'' when I said I DID read it, and it is NOT a blind statement.

Do us both a big favor please, and chill. My goodness it is not that important. Find another that wants to fight ya. :) if you must.

If you had read it, then you wouldn't have made the comment about him not giving money now... I'm not going to argue with you over this, because it is obvious you don't like the fact that your negative opinion of Zuckerberg is based on something other than facts. Up to 2015 he had already donated $1.6 billion.

Why do you think that because someone doesn't agree with you that they are trying to start a fight?

I think my comment was that he should give every single dime of it now. That is different than the words you are trying to put in my mouth.
Do you think I do not have the right to say or think that? Hush!

Yeah... "hey you, yeah you the guy giving away over $50 BILLION, unless you give it all away right now, I think you are a piece of crap! " :rofl:

Dang!! NOW you're getting it. :happy-1:

It is not a question of if it can be done, it is a question of cost effectiveness, customer satisfaction, and productivity.

These androids are estimated to be sold for around $2000.

You tell me if that is cheaper than having a human being on staff for a year.

This idea is gaining steam from people familiar with the coming Robotics Revolution.

For the sake of social stability we need to implement a UBI.

Mark Zuckerberg joins Silicon Valley bigwigs in calling for government to give everybody free money

"Every generation expands its definition of equality. Now it's time for our generation to define a new social contract," Zuckerberg said during his speech. "We should have a society that measures progress not by economic metrics like GDP but by how many of us have a role we find meaningful. We should explore ideas like universal basic income to make sure everyone has a cushion to try new ideas."

Zuckerberg said that, because he knew he had a safety net if projects like Facebook had failed, he was confident enough to continue on without fear of failing. Others, he said, such as children who need to support households instead of poking away on computers learning how to code, don't have the foundation Zuckerberg had. Universal basic income would provide that sort of cushion, Zuckerberg argued.​
/----/
Old Zuckie feels guilty about his new found wealth, so to keep peace with his Libtard Moonbat buddies he globs on to one of their talking points and supports it. It's a smart tactic since it keeps the Libtards off his case. Other billionaires do the same thing. If you appear to support their causes, the Libtards leave you alone. Now go ask Zuckie what he pays the cleaning lady at his mansion.

Old Zuckie feels guilty about his new found wealth, so to keep peace with his Libtard Moonbat buddies he globs on to one of their talking points and supports it. It's a smart tactic since it keeps the Libtards off his case. Other billionaires do the same thing. If you appear to support their causes, the Libtards leave you alone. Now go ask Zuckie what he pays the cleaning lady at his mansion.
Oh, Mr Gates is too much of an egalitarian to hire some cleaning lady.

He likely employs an entire company, lol.

Zuckerberg Calls for a Universal Basic Income...This idea is gaining steam from people familiar with the coming Robotics Revolution.

Well, as someone who is content with the earned income I have and that I've made available to my kids, I will wait until I find out how much it'll cost me/them to be a contributor to/supporter of the provision of a UBI in the U.S. The concept of the thing is reasonable enough. It's the implementation details -- foremost among them at the moment the fact that there are no such details -- extant in any proposals for providing a UBI to American citizens.

Zuckerberg Calls for a Universal Basic Income...This idea is gaining steam from people familiar with the coming Robotics Revolution.

Well, as someone who is content with the earned income I have and that I've made available to my kids, I will wait until I find out how much it'll cost me/them to be a contributor to/supporter of the provision of a UBI in the U.S. The concept of the thing is reasonable enough. It's the implementation details -- foremost among them at the moment the fact that there are no such details -- extant in any proposals for providing a UBI to American citizens.
/----/ Pay people not to work. Yeah baby. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, I cannot deny the ease with which one can devise rhetoric to condemn an idea. I recognize too that it UBI is a notion actually takes a good deal of examination to fully understand and thereafter express something substantive that advances a discussion about UBI and its viability. Plenty of folks are willing advocate for or against UBI in the absence of any specific proposals to implement one, far fewer are willing to either discuss the actual drivers for why such a thing may be necessary beyond merely being noble and what be the actual requirements for effecting one that accomplishes a host of objectives that have nothing to do with "paying people not to work."

The notion of UBI and the potential need for one should not be underestimated. Innovation has been and will always be the most highly valued "commodity" within human societies. The things is that constantly rising is the bar for what thoughts and actions are sufficiently innovative that the demand for it is sufficient to provide enough income for a person to live a "reasonable" lifestyle. Presently, that bar's elevation is driven by technology, most importantly by what one might call "machine learning," which, at the moment, is in what corresponds to a fetal stage of development but it won't forever be. Moreover, there is no rational basis for thinking that what today appear to be the limits of machine learning will forever be its limits.
One can ignore that we are on the cusp of seeing the day when computers and the equipment they operate can, at will, innovate just about everything that humans can, and in all but the most exceptional cases, do so as well as any human might. For example:

It's nice to think that humans will retain their current monopoly on innovativeness, but the reality is that only a very small few will one day be able to "out innovate" a computer, and that won't so much as out-innovating as, in essence, merely being lucky enough to have discerned before a computer did so that something is needed/demanded/desired by some or many. When that day comes, unless humans are radically different than they are now, most of us will need that the world's economic systems have changed so that money and material wealth are irrelevant, or that someone or something provides them with either a UBI or free room and board.

Well, I cannot deny the ease with which one can devise rhetoric to condemn an idea. I recognize too that it UBI is a notion actually takes a good deal of examination to fully understand and thereafter express something substantive that advances a discussion about UBI and its viability. Plenty of folks are willing advocate for or against UBI in the absence of any specific proposals to implement one, far fewer are willing to either discuss the actual drivers for why such a thing may be necessary beyond merely being noble and what be the actual requirements for effecting one that accomplishes a host of objectives that have nothing to do with "paying people not to work."

The notion of UBI and the potential need for one should not be underestimated. Innovation has been and will always be the most highly valued "commodity" within human societies. The things is that constantly rising is the bar for what thoughts and actions are sufficiently innovative that the demand for it is sufficient to provide enough income for a person to live a "reasonable" lifestyle. Presently, that bar's elevation is driven by technology, most importantly by what one might call "machine learning," which, at the moment, is in what corresponds to a fetal stage of development but it won't forever be. Moreover, there is no rational basis for thinking that what today appear to be the limits of machine learning will forever be its limits.
One can ignore that we are on the cusp of seeing the day when computers and the equipment they operate can, at will, innovate just about everything that humans can, and in all but the most exceptional cases, do so as well as any human might. For example:

It's nice to think that humans will retain their current monopoly on innovativeness, but the reality is that only a very small few will one day be able to "out innovate" a computer, and that won't so much as out-innovating as, in essence, merely being lucky enough to have discerned before a computer did so that something is needed/demanded/desired by some or many. When that day comes, unless humans are radically different than they are now, most of us will need that the world's economic systems have changed so that money and material wealth are irrelevant, or that someone or something provides them with either a UBI or free room and board.

/----/ UBI is a Lib code word for welfare, but sounds nicer.

No, actually UBI is not means based.

EVERYONE would get it from the riches billionaires to the poorest of the poor.

The purpose of it is to guarantee that the consumer market will still exist no matter how bad the job market gets, and gives people a sense of economic security.

It would actually replace welfare.

This idea is gaining steam from people familiar with the coming Robotics Revolution.

For the sake of social stability we need to implement a UBI.

Mark Zuckerberg joins Silicon Valley bigwigs in calling for government to give everybody free money

"Every generation expands its definition of equality. Now it's time for our generation to define a new social contract," Zuckerberg said during his speech. "We should have a society that measures progress not by economic metrics like GDP but by how many of us have a role we find meaningful. We should explore ideas like universal basic income to make sure everyone has a cushion to try new ideas."

Zuckerberg said that, because he knew he had a safety net if projects like Facebook had failed, he was confident enough to continue on without fear of failing. Others, he said, such as children who need to support households instead of poking away on computers learning how to code, don't have the foundation Zuckerberg had. Universal basic income would provide that sort of cushion, Zuckerberg argued.​

Let him fund it with his own money and it's okay with me.

But of course like ALL Oligarchs, he want's to take my money by force of arms to fund his largess.

But of course like ALL Oligarchs, he want's to take my money by force of arms to fund his largess.
It would be funded from corporate taxes and robotics taxes, not from individual incomes as few would have such any more.

The purpose of it is to guarantee that the consumer market will still exist no matter how bad the job market gets, and gives people a sense of economic security.

So, how much money do you want to give everyone? And, where do you think all that money is going to come from? That is my biggest problem with UBI, I take it that everyone gets a check but only those who have a job and actually earn money would pay taxes?

Added: just saw your newest post. Corporate taxes and robotics taxes? Do you realize who ends up paying those taxes? Customers. IOW, a consumption tax. Asking again, how much money are you going to give everybody, let's start with a baseline here.

So, how much money do you want to give everyone? And, where do you think all that money is going to come from? That is my biggest problem with UBI, I take it that everyone gets a check but only those who have a job and actually earn money would pay taxes?
I dont know where the UBI should be by set amount. I think it should be set to some kind of relationship to the poverty rate, like twice the poverty rate, or something similar.

As to where it would come from that would be:
1) corporate taxes (15% is fine)
2) tariffs and fees
3) Robotics taxes that would replace the lost income taxes from the jobs replaced by robots and to pay for the costs of regulating the robotics industry.

The corporations would still be making a windfall not having to pay full costs for their labor and society would have some economic stability.

There would also be the profits from plundering Third World nations....no, just kidding. But we might be heading in that direction if we dont do something.

It would be funded from corporate taxes and robotics taxes, not from individual incomes as few would have such any more.

Nonsense.

First off, corporate taxes ALWAYS come from the consumer. Secondly, these types of proposals ALWAYS end up on the back of the middle class. Witness Obama's fascist care as a prime example.

Added: just saw your newest post. Corporate taxes and robotics taxes? Do you realize who ends up paying those taxes? Customers. IOW, a consumption tax. Asking again, how much money are you going to give everybody, let's start with a baseline here.
/----/ UBI is just another scam designed by Democrats to cripple the US economy.

People would get UBI whether they worked or did not work.

Thus it is not going to pay people to not work.
/----/ Based on what? Who decides how much work you do and what about those on the threshold of your scam? Who will monitor those people to make sure they aren't gaming the system like working for cash off the books and getting their UBI?

First off, corporate taxes ALWAYS come from the consumer. Secondly, these types of proposals ALWAYS end up on the back of the middle class. Witness Obama's fascist care as a prime example.
Not all tax increases are paid for by the consumer. Corporations can actually reduce their profit margins to pay for it as well, and they do or else the capitalist competitive market model is a fraud.

In the scenario where corporations have replaced expensive human labor with robots, they are making HUGE profits and could easily afford to fund UBI while still having higher taxes from use of robots.

Last edited:
/----/ Based on what? Who decides how much work you do and what about those on the threshold of your scam? Who will monitor those people to make sure they aren't gaming the system like working for cash off the books and getting their UBI?

The individual decides whether they will work and how much they will do, not the government.

And they get the grant of money unconditionally if they are citizens, so how would they game it if their identification is biometric?

Forum List

Back