yule log hints and ideas?

so last night....i get word that 'he' wants pie...i am like...but i have all the stuff for the yule log.....i got mascarpone....candied cherries the whole nine years....but he wants pie...i got a jelly roll pan etc..seems hubby used my jelly roll pan and its shot...her husband is like me..an only child...we dont compromise well.....but since i have to go into boone today i can get the pecans at the pecan truck...he shows up for a month of so before the holidays...so now its the yule cake and pecan pie.....

so last night....i get word that 'he' wants pie...i am like...but i have all the stuff for the yule log.....i got mascarpone....candied cherries the whole nine years....but he wants pie...i got a jelly roll pan etc..seems hubby used my jelly roll pan and its shot...her husband is like me..an only child...we dont compromise well.....but since i have to go into boone today i can get the pecans at the pecan truck...he shows up for a month of so before the holidays...so now its the yule cake and pecan pie.....

Well, if they are going to be so demanding of you and your time, maybe they should offer to help you.

so i went with the black forest theme.....
steponebfc.jpg

flourless chocolate cake filled with heavy whipped cream....mascarpone and candied cherries...a bit of vanilla
daroll.jpg

da roll not the tightest....and a few cracks but that is why ya frost it...in fridge now.....

yulelog.jpg

back in the fridge to let the frosting set then the meringue mushrooms and just in case its not sweet enough and i assure you it is....powdered sugar for the snow affect

yes it is......the filling is overwelming the cake lol but then again the chocolate frosting makes your teeth hurt i am hoping all together it jells....

i will be damn that beats that almond paste all to hell and i have more candied cherries....lol i just need to check the mint in the garden...(really on the side of the house so it should be good) no wicked voice...we are not making candied mint

i will be damn that beats that almond paste all to hell and i have more candied cherries....lol i just need to check the mint in the garden...(really on the side of the house so it should be good) no wicked voice...we are not making candied mint
I did that once. Never again.

almond paste or candied leaves?
candied leaves

What was worth all the trouble was candied citrus peel. Took forever, boiling three times and then the sugar syrup cook and then rolling in sugar and letting them dry forever. Worth every bit.

so i get to bring dessert for thanksgiving dinner.....and they want a yule log....so far i have discovered my hubby has trash my large baking sheet...so i need a 15 x 10 x 1 baking sheet and a ton of supplies....and they want chocolate....i do a rather traditional one with the cute mushrooms...so any recipes or hints? i have to hit a bakery and get serving container ...
....i have discovered my hubby has trash my large baking sheet...so i need a 15 x 10 x 1 baking sheet and a ton of supplies....

Sometimes "life" implores one to let someone else do the work. (See page 6 here.) Seems to me that in this instance, "life" has enlisted as its advocate your hubby who it seems has all but given you a clear hint in that regard. LOL

Forum List

Back