Yours truly faces a big, life changing decision....

California or Alabama?

• Total voters
Righteous1 is a silly, tired, dated, old gay who believes all stereotypes bout the center of the GOP, the old Republican liberals, despite the far right's heroes are the Joe McCarthys and Dan Burtons and Jon Kyls and Rush Limbaughs who, despite all the evidence that the far wack right simply cannot win an election on its own, still lies about the Clinton administration who was far more pro-gay than the Bush years. And the Obama administration is even more pro-gay than Clinton. Many good American republicans voted to overturn DADT.

Righteous1, you better go to California, for if you come to the Deep South, you will become a very unhappy boy very quickly. ALL YOUR CAPS AND HIGHLIGHTING WILL OUT YOU IN A HEARTBEAT DOWN AT HEADQUARTERS. :lol:

We're pretty tolerant of homosexuals down here.

In most larger cities anyway. Some of the smaller 'burgs can be pretty bad I imagine, but I'm pretty sure it's that way across the whole country, and not just the south.

Righteous1 is a silly, tired, dated, old gay who believes all stereotypes bout the center of the GOP, the old Republican liberals, despite the far right's heroes are the Joe McCarthys and Dan Burtons and Jon Kyls and Rush Limbaughs who, despite all the evidence that the far wack right simply cannot win an election on its own, still lies about the Clinton administration who was far more pro-gay than the Bush years. And the Obama administration is even more pro-gay than Clinton. Many good American republicans voted to overturn DADT.

Righteous1, you better go to California, for if you come to the Deep South, you will become a very unhappy boy very quickly. ALL YOUR CAPS AND HIGHLIGHTING WILL OUT YOU IN A HEARTBEAT DOWN AT HEADQUARTERS. :lol:

In most larger cities anyway. Some of the smaller 'burgs can be pretty bad I imagine, but I'm pretty sure it's that way across the whole country, and not just the south.

I think Cali would be better for a flamer like him. He would find more opportunity and outlets.

Medium and small town south would tear him up badly.

I think Cali would be better for a flamer like him. He would find more opportunity and outlets.

Montgomery is fine. Thats where he said he was going.

Hell, one of the gayest cities in America is in the south.

Sheldon wrote:

So, since you didn't mention anything about currently having a job, and commented about the poor economy as a negative for moving to Cali, I'm assuming you don't have a job lined up already?
If you would bother to READ, I've mentioned $ likely won't be a problem for me.
And then you're going on a message board and asking for input from others about this "big, life changing decision", when you've given next to nothing specific about your current situation? There's nothing inherently wrong with that, I just hope you're not basing your decision on this thread poll. :eusa_eh:
Nope, this was more for shits and giggles than anything has I pretty much already had my answer, but I got some decent advice none the less.

Srsly, the posts that I've read so far, it seems like you're heading pedal-to-the-metal over a cliff of fail.
Aint happened yet.
Do you know anybody in either of these places, somewhere you could stay initially? What are you going to do if you can't find a job right away, do you have enough saved to bridge the gap? Will transportation/gas prices limit your job search? Do you know how much you need to make each month to make ends meet--counted up your bills, gas, rent, food, etc?
Obviously, I've taken all that into consideration, and OF COURSE I know people there, Captain Obvious. Or else I wouldn't be considering moving there.

As big of a douche as you shown yourself to be, I still don't want to see anyone derail their life over an impulse, poorly thought-out decision--and you coming on here asking for input with this shoddy list of pro/cons you thought up, it seems like that's exactly what this is: a poorly-throughout, impulse decision.
Wrong, you're starting to reek of epic fail dude. But I guess your utter lack of rep and thanks made that obvious from the get go.:doubt:
That is, of course, assuming this is a serious thread, and you're not just pining for attention.
Yea, you fail.

Last edited:

I know....sweet....beautiful....awesome ATL.........

No, Key West is one of the gayest cities in America. And is in the south.

I don't think ATL has a larger percentage of homosexuals than any other comparably sized city. We're just the only major metropolis for hundreds of miles around. Next closest comparably sized city is....Miami? New Orleans?

When was Joe, stupid ass?
you are a fucking idiot
go back to hannity's board where you can run to the mods and bitch

Of course he is. This is a "poster" who STILL believes all the silly, tired, dated, FALSE, stereotypes bout the right, conservatism, and the GOP, despite HUGE evidence to the CONTRARY (CPAC REFUSING TO RESCIND OUR INVITE, MCCAIN VOTING AGAINST THE '04 MARRIAGE AMENDMENT, DADT REPEAL NOT BEING POSSIBLE WITHOUT US)

While denying that THE CLINTON ADMIN. HAS OBVIOUSLY BEEN THE MOST ANTI-GAY IN HISTORY WITH DADT, DOMA, ETC.

Lil Synthe has NO credibility to speak on such issues, but we continue to, cuz he dunno when to stop diggin his own grave.:lol::cuckoo:

:dig:

You are one stupid fuck.

Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) is the term commonly used for the policy restricting the United States military from efforts to discover or reveal the sexuality of closeted homosexual or bisexual servicemembers or applicants, while barring those who are openly gay, lesbian, or bisexual from military service.

The policy was introduced as a compromise measure in 1993 by President Bill Clinton who campaigned on the promise to allow all citizens to serve in the military regardless of sexual orientation.[9] At the time, per the December 21, 1993 Department of Defense Directive 1332.14,[10] it was legal policy (10 U.S.C. § 654)[11] that homosexuality is incompatible with military service and persons who engaged in homosexual acts or stated that they are homosexual or bisexual were discharged.[9][12]

Montgomery would have some opportunities for R1, as well as some real challenges. Sheldon asked some very good questions and made some percipient remarks about R1. The guys is fairly young, quite buoyant and noisome and quarrelsome (reminds me of my brother at the age), and likes to shock others. The very conservative nature of his postings (probably not nearly as heartfelt as it appears) coupled to a flaming gay personality reveal some emotional disturbance, but probably not rising to quite a personality disorder. R1 should remember that he will not be different when he gets to his new city. He will still be he and must deal with himself. Best fortune to him.

you are a fucking idiot
go back to hannity's board where you can run to the mods and bitch

I'M the idiot?????? :lol:

apparently not
LOL he was thrown out of the tent for not being liberal enough
;)

When was he thrown out, stupid ass?

C'mon - say something else retarded.

:lol:
Now he's trying to backpedal from "the Democrats threw him out of their big tent" to "the voters voted him out in the primary".

Goalpost moving: the mark of the loser.

I would choose Alabama over California without question.

I heard of a guy who was moving to Vidor, Texas, a general sinkhole of racism. He attended a Lions Club luncheon there and asked, :What is it like here?" He was asked what people were like from where he was moving, and he said, "They were pretty nice." And his luncheon companion told him, "You will meet the same kind of people here."

Having spent considerable time in both states, I think they both have merits and limitations. It is a fact one won't get much skiing in Alabama.

Wrong, you're starting to reek of epic fail dude. But I guess your utter lack of rep and thanks made that obvious from the get go.:doubt:

You speak of epic fail by pointing out Sheldons lack of rep? You mean like compared to yours? Sheldon has 301 rep points, you have 13... yes, I do see epic fail there, but not on Sheldons part.

Could you be any more obvious of a flaming little homo drama queen? Holy shit fire, get a dog if you need a friend.

I don't think ATL has a larger percentage of homosexuals than any other comparably sized city. We're just the only major metropolis for hundreds of miles around. Next closest comparably sized city is....Miami? New Orleans?

Geographically, yes. But I certainly don't lump Key West in with 'southern cities'. Same with Tampa, Orlando, Miami. There is no dominant southern culture.

You have to go to the far north of Florida to hit it's southern cities: Jacksonville, Pensacola, Tallahassee, and Panama City, with only J-Ville really qualifying as a city.

Geographically, yes. But I certainly don't lump Key West in with 'southern cities'. Same with Tampa, Orlando, Miami. There is no dominant southern culture.

You have to go to the far north of Florida to hit it's southern cities: Jacksonville, Pensacola, Tallahassee, and Panama City, with only J-Ville really qualifying as a city.

Thats why I said "in the south" and not "part of the deep south".

I grew up in Panama City. It's actually very tolerant and easy going. Used to go to the gay bar on....Wednesday nights? Tuesday nights? I forget. But they had $5 all you can drink draft beer and queen shows. It was teh awesome, and plenty of straights like myself went as well.

Forum List

Back