CDZ Youre top 3 best ideologies in political

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Militants, Mar 19, 2016.

1. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,245
    Not sure I understand what you are trying to ask, but my favorite 'isms' are
    1.Catholicism - though Catholics largely ignore it today.
    2. Distributism - though few people practice it today.
    3. Democratic Republicanism - though few have ever heard of it today.

2. 320 Years of History

320 Years of History Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,550
    Really?

Red:
    Really?
    The Jeffersonian Republicans got some things "right;" however, what they "got right" didn't and doesn't require Democratic Republicanism (D-R). Moreover, the central tenet of D-R -- a very loosely organized and authorized national government -- was, unlike so many similarly fundamental political ideas, tried, and that and that alone, became quickly and obviously to the men of the time the overarching failure of Democratic Republicanism. That decentralization was the critical and defining cornerstone to that party's positions; everything else -- the more minor elements of their platform -- the D-R party wanted to implement could have been, and subsequently and variously have been, implemented absent the loosely formed and empowered confederate national government. Those things worked and didn't, were and weren't good for the times at hand, off and on over our history, but one must, if one is to embrace D-R, also accept the ideas of confederation over those of federalism. I truly don't see the merit of that, especially not in these times during which we find ourselves living.

Blue:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. gipper

gipper Libertarian/Anarchist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,977
    Libertarianism

Libertarianism

Libertarianism

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,245
    Oh, yes, really, but I actually was thinking of something a bit different, more the concept that Jefferson's party was named for rather than Jefferson's party.

The blend of Republicanism with the majority of top officials being elected is pure genius, IMO.

I think Jefferson's party was a good first run, and as we both know it later devolved into the Democratic partof Tammany Hall infamy wed with rural interests under Andrew Jackson.

They had stopped discussing it by the time I went through American history back in 1975 and before.

Some of those old ideas, like Subsidiarity, are still quite useful and germane today though seldom discussed even in college classes..

• Agree Agree x 1