CDZ The American Republican Denial of Climate change.

Let's do this the easy way...that even idiots that believe that MAN can cause climate change can understand!

Settled-Science-600-LA.jpg
thumb_cartoon-climatologists_colluding.jpg
historyofsettledscience-big11.jpg
c46f6995cbff07799c7045c091cceeed.jpg
Cartoon-Actual-Climate-Change-Pronouncements.jpg

Of course -- a history professor is the proper one to address "denial"..

You might not realize it -- but the leaps to absurd end times projections and the failure of the even predictions from just a couple decades to be realized -- this movement has some very weak science behind it and a LOT of propaganda, hype and fearful fairy tales in it.

No such thing as settled science. Doesn't matter what 97% of scientists agree upon unless you state the QUESTION that was put forward to them. And MOST of the socio-political leaders of the movement are lying to you and playing loose and fast with your fear...

Like the Cali historian in the OP....

Well thats a lot of denial for just a couple posts. But I don't see much rational thought involved in any of it.

So do any of you have any actual reasons for denying climate shift ?

Well thats a lot of denial for just a couple posts. But I don't see much rational thought involved in any of it.

What is the current "average global temperature"? How do you know?
What is the perfect "average global temperature"? How do you know?
How much do we need to spend to get the climate to stop changing? How do you know?

NO ONE is denying globull warming aka climate change.

what they Disagree with you bully warmers: is what's causing it. the earth has been warming and cooling before we had some freak like Al Gore wailing over the CLIMATE.

Yikes. Again with the standard denial.

Has anyone here actually studied climate science ?

How many of those elected asses in Congress has? How about that G-d of warming, Al Gore. where did he get his degree from? you don't have to be a genius to use common sense. but that seems to be lacking with the Warmers. all about Control

Sounds like ideological problems more than scientific ones.

Is there anyone here who understands what an isotope is ?

How much do we need to spend to get the climate to stop changing? How do you know?

If you spend so much money that you now find yourself shivering under a freeway over pass in January, burning a copy of Newsweek to stay warm, you will then know that you have made the world a colder place and spent enough money. uuuhhh as long as you only burn one copy.

Warmer ?

I was asking if anyone had any background in the sciences such that we might have a place to begin.

Warmer ?

I was asking if anyone had any background in the sciences such that we might have a place to begin.

Let's begin with my questions.

At this point is there really any excuse to deny mankind has brought this on itself ?

Republicans are the people on the Titanic who declared "this ship can never sink". Even as the engineer that designed it stands right in front of them saying "it can, and it will, it is a mathematical certainty".

Denial is the new Republican fall back position on everything. "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil."

gandijis_new_version_monkeys_1_zps0sugfacy.jpg

I will deny the theory of climate change.

Show me the weather records for 200,000 years ago, what was the high temperature in my town? How bout 20,000 years ago, No, then just 2,000 years back then. Well, you can do 200 or so in some places...

Sure, we have done damage, just as damage was done when a rogue lightning strike started a half a continent fire back when the t-rex was still eating meat. What? there was no such fire? How do you know, have you looked? How was the climate after the fire?

How do we know that the earth is not in a state of change that happens every 20,000 years, there might be nothing we can do about it, or there might, but theories without any actual facts, is just a waste of many people's time, and for others, it's scary as hell, and for some it's their reason for living.

At this point is there really any excuse to deny mankind has brought this on itself ?

Republicans are the people on the Titanic who declared "this ship can never sink". Even as the engineer that designed it stands right in front of them saying "it can, and it will, it is a mathematical certainty".

Denial is the new Republican fall back position on everything. "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil."

gandijis_new_version_monkeys_1_zps0sugfacy.jpg

just a quick question please.

Are you American? Italian-American, African-American, Old mutt-American(much like me), or just a foreigner?

I have been following the debate for about 15 years now. VERY CLOSELY. Reading papers, discussing with competent colleagues and posting my views on this very board..

AND one might ask -- what is YOUR total investment? And why did you dismiss my post as "denial"? Seems like we need to get down to some facts..

1) The power of CO2 to heat the GreenHouse is well-known from basic physics and chemical properties. This is DIFFERENT from the Super-Powers attributed to CO2 and other emissions by the GW theory. I believe that the DATA we see now confirms the basic science on CO2 -- but at the same time VOIDS the hysterical projections of a doomed planet caught in an irreversible run-away TYPE of global warming. The basic physics WITHOUT THE FEAR and the hype says that each doubling of CO2 in the atmos will give about 1degC of warming. For perspective, the first doubling since the industrial age is not even OVER --- we are at 400ppm and we started at 280ppm.. Will be 2030 or 40 before we reach the first doubling. The rise we've SEEN -- in totally compatible with the 1degC estimate PLUS some natural variation.. The NEXT doubling to 1120ppm would never occur until way after 2100 and is not worth shouting at each other about..

Corrolary to 1) To believe in ALL the tenets of GW -- you have to believe that we live on a junker of planet that would commit planetcide by heating BY ITSELF --- after we reach a magic 2degC threshold. NOT FOUNDED by the relatively cataclysmic history of Ice Ages, and hot epochs that this planet has already survived.

2) The claims that the present 0.5degC of warming seen in YOUR lifetime are unprecendated --- are actually unfounded by science. Trying to ascertain GLOBAL historical proxy records from millennia ago are thwarted by lack of time resolution in the ice cores, mud bug shells, and tree rings to be found lying around on the planet,. These historical studies are good at find "expected mean values" -- but terrible at comparing to the 1/100deg accurate instrumentation readings of the common age. BUT YET --- some activist scientists have made the claim that the :"hockey sticks" PROVE the current little warming blip is "unprecendented" which is a leap that some of the more HONEST hockey stickers have disputed themselves.

3) Why does your socio-political movement rely on castigating "deniers", scream about settled science, and want to end this debate BEFORE IT STARTS??? Because their projections and models have all but failed or are in the process of failing from predictions made just 15 years ago. 38% of Climate Scientists polled in the ONE MEANINGFUL poll of the field, BY Climate gurus themselves -- identified climate science "as a fairly immature field of endevour". (von Storch circa 2008) Even WITH all the hype, propaganda that has been poured on the fire.

So MAYBE -- WE can get past the denier name calling and discuss what the ACTUAL theorems state and why they are failing and what the evidence REALLY IS ---- ya think???

Forum List

Back