Your Screenname

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
The flash cartoon is suppose to be humor (I didn't laugh much) but it does pose an interesting thought:

How did you come to your screenname? I am not looking for explaining political stand points and such but if there is a story for why you chose the name on here that you did and feel comfortable posting it, please do, I am interested just because .... I get bored easily.

Flash » How I've Acquired My Screen Name

Kitten was a nickname given to me by my real life friends (yes I have those I just don't like human contact much anymore) because my voice is soft and I sound half my age. Also I love cats and am small in stature, so, it just became the nickname. Koder, a play on a word for what I enjoy most in life.

mine is swahili. lived in kenya for 5 years, so figured, eh, why not.

When the beefy looking Dodge Dakotas came out, I loved them, and silver was the color I thought would be coolest. Of course, you can paint just about anything silver and it'll look sleek. I drive a silver truck now, just not a Dakota, but I've had this name so long it wouldn't feel right to change it.

Main Entry: 1man·i·fold
Pronunciation: \ˈma-nə-ˌfōld\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English manigfeald, from manig many + -feald -fold
Date: before 12th century
1 a: marked by diversity or variety b: many
2: comprehending or uniting various features : multifarious
3: rightfully so-called for many reasons <a manifold liar>
4: consisting of or operating many of one kind combined <a manifold bellpull>

:D

mine is from an experience on another board where they tried to keep people from disagreeing and I took the name in protest... I thought it fit well here.

it also has a tie to the Declare yourself campaign wherein their slogan is only you can silence yourself.

care4all....

i have no idea how it came to me now, it was just spontaneous when signing up on my first political message board back in 2003..........

oooooooooo, i think i remember now, i was reading the board for a few weeks, was new to any message boards, and i was scared to death to join, people were so rude and crude to one another, just because of political party....this was shocking and new to me... my husband was a pub, i was a dem, and we got along fine...????:D

let's just say, i was soooo politically naive...

anyway, i came up with the name Care4all.....HOPING the mean bastashes on that message board would be nicer to me, gentler with me.....hahahahaha!

IT WORKED! :lol:

Mine is just nonsense.

A number ring or group is abelian if "multiplication" there is commutative (that is, if for any two elements a and b of the group/ring, ab = ba). For example, the number system we use to describe things like distance, amount, and magnitude (the "real numbers") is an abelian ring.

A sea, of course, cannot be said to be either abelian or non-abelian, so applying the adjetive to it all results in nonsense.

I like the way "abelian sea" sounds, though, and abelian groups are a lot more fluid to work in than non-abelian groups, so the phrase clicks somehow in my warped little mind.

Main Entry: 1man·i·fold
Pronunciation: \&#712;ma-n&#601;-&#716;f&#333;ld\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English manigfeald, from manig many + -feald -fold
Date: before 12th century
1 a: marked by diversity or variety b: many
2: comprehending or uniting various features : multifarious
3: rightfully so-called for many reasons <a manifold liar>
4: consisting of or operating many of one kind combined <a manifold bellpull>

:D

I thought this was a little more fitting for you mani. the hot air part was not in the dictionary so i added it just for you.

A pipe or chamber having multiple apertures for making connections and/or blowing hot air through

EOTS
IOC: 2008

Also Known As: Electro-Optical Targeting System

Origin:United States of America

This multi-function sensor is based on the proven Sniper XR technology and will be carried internally under the F-35 multi-role fighter nose. It will be connected to the F-35 main computer via a high-speed fiber optic interface meeting the F-35 integrated system architecture requirement. The primary role for this sensor is to provide longer range detection and targeting capability compared to precedent generations of aircraft-mounted targeting systems.

The EOTS comprises a third generation FLIR, a laser, and a CCD-TV camera providing target detection and identification at greatly increased standoff ranges, high resolution imagery, automatic tracking, infrared search and track IRST, laser designation, laser rangefinder, and laser spot tracking. The EOTS F-35 sub-system functionality could be expanded in the future.

EOTS / Electro-Optical Targeting System

Last edited:

Forum List

Back