Your Overtime Has Just Been Cut

Because of course we businesses owners will pay people more for doing the same thing if that's what politicians want us to.

Actually, we are smarter than you are. We automate, streamline, take people to part time, replace lower end workers with better ones if we have to pay more. The one and only thing we do not do is just pay more for the same job. All these laws harm you, not us.

Yeah!

And all you workers out there just shut the fuck up and turn to! Otherwise Mr. Businessman will fire your worthless, lazy asses.

Here in America, anyone who works for a living has a wide and wonderful range of options when it comes to their job.

For example, if you don't like your job and/or your income, you can do any of the following things, even some combination therein:

• Increase your effort and quality of work to increase your rates of pay and promotion
  • Spend extra time, above and beyond your normal time, to accomplish something extra to demonstrate your drive, ability and commitment to your employer

My goodness, I can only imagine how crazy and greedy the above sounds to many people here. I guess a person could also:

Well, Obama's overtime rule destroys the first two options. It turns ambitious people who want to get ahead into clock punching wage slaves. Good luck making that work in Silicon Valley without destroying the tech industry.

Hopenchange!

Yeah!

And all you workers out there just shut the fuck up and turn to! Otherwise Mr. Businessman will fire your worthless, lazy asses.

Here in America, anyone who works for a living has a wide and wonderful range of options when it comes to their job.

For example, if you don't like your job and/or your income, you can do any of the following things, even some combination therein:

• Increase your effort and quality of work to increase your rates of pay and promotion
  • Spend extra time, above and beyond your normal time, to accomplish something extra to demonstrate your drive, ability and commitment to your employer

My goodness, I can only imagine how crazy and greedy the above sounds to many people here. I guess a person could also:

Well, Obama's overtime rule destroys the first two options. It turns ambitious people who want to get ahead into clock punching wage slaves. Good luck making that work in Silicon Valley without destroying the tech industry.

Hopenchange!

The predictable result of having bureaucratic theorists exerting central government control over something as complicated, multi-layered and dynamic as private business.

Hopenchange!

The predictable result of having bureaucratic theorists exerting central government control over something as complicated, multi-layered and dynamic as private business.

this isnt even happening. Amazing how partisan you have become.

Hopenchange!

If it doesn't happen, great. The mere fact that he's trying speaks volumes, though. Not surprising, either.

And [MENTION=24916]Plasmaball[/MENTION], you'll have to define "partisan". What are my positions on foreign policy, war, gay rights, abortion, and personal income taxation? Would they qualify me as a partisan, do ya think?

For which party?

Last edited:

If it doesn't happen, great. The mere fact that he's trying speaks volumes, though. Not surprising, either.

And [MENTION=24916]Plasmaball[/MENTION], you'll have to define "partisan". What are my positions on foreign policy, war, gay rights, abortion, and personal income taxation? Would they qualify me as a partisan, do ya think?

For which party?

again did you read the article? he is changing the overtime rules if you make over 455 salary. Thats it.

You are an isolationist, I believe you are for gay rights. Abortion im unsure of. And id assume lower taxes. Being those things doesnt mean you cant be partisan on other issues.

Last edited:

For which party?

again did you read the article? he is changing the overtime rules if you make over 455 salary. Thats it.

Yes I did read the article, and I'd love to understand the significance of that arbitrary figure. What in the world does the specifics of the salary have to do with the overall point? This is yet another example of how bureaucratic theorists don't understand the dynamic nature of business, not even close. What, 454 is okay, 456 is not? Dafuq? Is that supposed to be a joke? They remain clueless and destructive.

And I'd love that definition of partisan when you have a chance.

the government; MOSTLY liberals; made it THE LAW that a couple of TRILLION DOLLARS-WORTH of taxpayer-backed loans be made in the name of "fairness" at sub-prime rates, to people that couldnt repay them

idiot

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. The housing crisis was not caused by middle class citizens buying a homestead. It was caused by wealthy speculators and investors buying homes with no intent of ever living in them. When the values dropped, they dumped a 'bad investment'.

the government; MOSTLY liberals; made it THE LAW that a couple of TRILLION DOLLARS-WORTH of taxpayer-backed loans be made in the name of "fairness" at sub-prime rates, to people that couldnt repay them

idiot

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. The housing crisis was not caused by middle class citizens buying a homestead. It was caused by wealthy speculators and investors buying homes with no intent of ever living in them. When the values dropped, they dumped a 'bad investment'.

You are lost and misinformed in your little universe of partisan nonsense.

idiot

Projecting? Take a look at the epicenters of the housing crisis. They were not in random middle class neighborhoods. They were concentrated in the hot, high value markets.

Educate yourself...

Projecting? Take a look at the epicenters of the housing crisis. They were not in random middle class neighborhoods. They were concentrated in the hot, high value markets.

Educate yourself...

You take an ill informed overly narrow view of a complex phenomenon. WHy does that not surprise me in the least?

Employees who are serious about getting ahead will use ways around this new change and so will employers who want to reward them. They will clock out then put in the extra hours. They'll just get extra consideration. A little extra bonus, time off not counted as a sick day and at the top of the list for promotion.

Employees who are serious about getting ahead will use ways around this new change and so will employers who want to reward them. They will clock out then put in the extra hours. They'll just get extra consideration. A little extra bonus, time off not counted as a sick day and at the top of the list for promotion.

There are always ways around rules like that. The problem is it makes things less efficient and less transparent. To Democrats that's a good thing.

Holy crap you're stupid. You're missing the 'why' part, numbskull. It wasn't that long ago. You don't seem to have been paying attention.

Hopenchange!

Bullshit it's not....

idiot

You have no clue...
That is not even close to the truth.
I'm not going to waste keystrokes explaining to you things you should already know.

Holy crap you're stupid. You're missing the 'why' part, numbskull. It wasn't that long ago. You don't seem to have been paying attention.

OK Einstein, list the causes?

idiot

You have no clue...
That is not even close to the truth.
I'm not going to waste keystrokes explaining to you things you should already know.

Translation...you CAN'T

OK Einstein, list the causes?

So you admit you don't know?

Educate yourself...

You take an ill informed overly narrow view of a complex phenomenon. WHy does that not surprise me in the least?

I'm sure you have your usual "informed" view...

The Rabbi said:
"People are not on unemployment for 2 years because there are no jobs. There are no jobs because people are on unemployment for 2 years."

Forum List

Back