Your Overtime Has Just Been Cut

Actually "free" overtime has been cut

Sucks for business doesn't it?

Hourly paid people always got overtime.

Salaried people have been traditionally expected to work up to 45 hours a week but if they work only 36 they don't get a decrease in pay that week.

It balances out

Actually, it doesn't balance out as salaried people are expected to work uncompensated hours and are rarely, if ever, given 36 hour weeks
That's nonsense.
MY wife is salaried. Her "official" work week is 37.5 hours per week.
Business will not pay extra time. They will substitute OT with comp time or a one time payment at the end of the year. Either way, companies will find a way around this busy body nanny state nonsense.

It is not free.
Salaried people are ineligible for overtime payments.
Salaried people as opposed to hourly are paid regardless of the time worked in a given pay period. Hourly workers are not paid for time not worked.
With this violation of the laws of unintended consequences, jobs will be lost. The result will be employers will cut staff and hours.
Business will simply demand more productivity and fewer hours to get the work done.
Nice.

If you are an honest employer in how you compensate your salaried employees, it will not cost you a cent

If you have been taking advantage of salaried employees, it will cost you big

Sounds good to me

RW, what do you do for all us tax payers that is worth 200+k a year.

Just try and answer the Question, don't go full bullshit lying Republican politician on us.

It's fascinating that TheRabbi's reticence on his occupation has never bothered you.

He's asking Nutsucker, shit-for-brains. Not me. I never claimed to make 200/yr or work in the public sector.

You simply insult people without ever actually providing detail.
You have been asked repeatedly and you have never responded.
Don't expect your sound-bites to be taken seriously when you provide no content.

It's fascinating that TheRabbi's reticence on his occupation has never bothered you.

He's asking Nutsucker, shit-for-brains. Not me. I never claimed to make 200/yr or work in the public sector.

You simply insult people without ever actually providing detail.
You have been asked repeatedly and you have never responded.
Don't expect your sound-bites to be taken seriously when you provide no content.

Where have I been asked repeatedly, crap-brain? It's in my profile. If you really cared that much you could actually go check it without even getting off your fat lazy ass.

It is not free.
Salaried people are ineligible for overtime payments.
Salaried people as opposed to hourly are paid regardless of the time worked in a given pay period. Hourly workers are not paid for time not worked.
With this violation of the laws of unintended consequences, jobs will be lost. The result will be employers will cut staff and hours.
Business will simply demand more productivity and fewer hours to get the work done.
Nice.

I agree, this will not have the desired effect.

You're wrong.

As usual.

Well either way your math is truly fucking stupid. You are either the worlds most lazy employee or the worlds stupidest employee to take a salary job like that.

You're math is literally opposite of the point of salary.

Everyone should make hourly, so people work less, make less, and are less productive.... Yes that will help the economy, because the term "Whatever I get paid by the hour" is unknown the the working world.... I'm just making it allllll up.

Nothing adds to your productivity like asking workers to work evenings and weekends without pay

No wonder executives make the big money

Nothing adds to US productivity than "grossly overpaying" consultants to not work what their being paid on the tax payers backs.

See how I owned you, destroyed you again? It's because your a hyper shallow partisan hack RW.

You never had much credibility on these boards but now, seeing that you're part of the greedy version of the non working 1% who takes from the rest of us you have none.

=D

Actually, it doesn't balance out as salaried people are expected to work uncompensated hours and are rarely, if ever, given 36 hour weeks

You are a hourly worker I bet. I have been on salary for years, some weeks I work 50 -60 hours, some weeks I am done by wednsday afternoon and take a long weekend, depends on the work load. Also I get a better benefits package and higher % for bonuses.

Working as a salaried, FLSA exempt worker for 35 years. I have Never, Ever been sent home on a Wednesday for a long weekend

I have worked many, many Saturdays though

Well then you have no complaints. You agreed to the terms of employment.
Now you want your messiah to change the rules of the game and you believe it will work in your favor?
I don't think so.

Many people use overtime pay as a kind of savings or second job. In a rising economy overtime goes up before employment, because its cheaper to work the people you've got than hire new ones.
Well, that just went away. Increase the cost of something, you get less of it. Basic Econ 101, something this president just doesn't understand.
Obama to order strengthened overtime pay rules

Really? You mean I don't have to work the two twelve hour days I am scheduled for this weekend? Would you tell my boss that? :lol:

If you don't like it, change jobs.

RW, what do you do for all us tax payers that is worth 200+k a year.

Just try and answer the Question, don't go full bullshit lying Republican politician on us.

Not really, he never said he works for the Government or claimed to be grossly overpaid... Or asked to meet my wife as if his ability to scam the tax payers out of their tax money while hardly working would impress her.

It's more impressive that you have no issue with RW admitting to being a 1%er who is highly unproductive... One would think being paid so much while not being worth it "destroys wealth."

Try being consistent and I'll take you seriously.

I would rather pay them OT than their multi-million dollar bonuses and stock options

I didn't read it was either/or, Comrade.

Another Obama vote buying scheme - stupid from the start, poorly thought out, poorly planned, and only floated in hopes of getting Republicans to oppose it.

Obama is like the estranged dad promising the little girl a pony. He had no intention of delivering, and wouldn't be the only responsible for it if it were delivered. He only makes the promise to make the ex-wife the bad guy by opposing it.

There was a time when the American electorate was more astute than an 8 year old little girl. Hopefully they still are.

You are a hourly worker I bet. I have been on salary for years, some weeks I work 50 -60 hours, some weeks I am done by wednsday afternoon and take a long weekend, depends on the work load. Also I get a better benefits package and higher % for bonuses.

Working as a salaried, FLSA exempt worker for 35 years. I have Never, Ever been sent home on a Wednesday for a long weekend

I have worked many, many Saturdays though

Maybe you should renegotiate your position.

When potential employer suggested salary I demanded to be based on 50 hour week, everything above to be paid as overtime. They usually back off and turn to hourly rate, where I still have a choice to take it or leave it. If I accept the offer, whats point of bitching about it?

Many people use overtime pay as a kind of savings or second job. In a rising economy overtime goes up before employment, because its cheaper to work the people you've got than hire new ones.
Well, that just went away. Increase the cost of something, you get less of it. Basic Econ 101, something this president just doesn't understand.

Really? You mean I don't have to work the two twelve hour days I am scheduled for this weekend? Would you tell my boss that? :lol:

If you don't like it, change jobs.

You big greedy meanie!

How could anyone, ever be expected to do THAT!!!

Obama should change overtime to triple pay for overtime. That way it would give businesses incentive to hire more people, instead of putting the extra work load on those that have jobs.

And it would cost them less to pay those hours in straight time, rather than overtime (time and a half) One would think they'd have that incentive already.

I don't think forcing employers to pay employees more works. We need policies that create a better environment. We need incentives to have more workers here, not forced higher wages. We get a better environment and wages will come.

And the money comes from where?

Forum List

Back